Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Data recovery on an SD card that doesn't show up in XP

NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to recover pictures from my friend's SD card used in a digital camera. Normally if there's a FAT problem or it says it needs to be formatted when you know there's data present, I can run a recovery program to retrieve the data. The problem here is that in XP, any program hangs if it tries to access the card. Windows explorer will hang after detecting all devices in the tree down to where the card would be, and will stay frozen until you unplug the card. Data recovery software is doing the same thing, showing the hard disks but hanging when trying to detect the card. When plugging it in XP gives no indication that a mass storage device was connected.

Any ideas? He may be SOL aside from professional data recovery, but there are pictures of his very young son on there so I want to do what I can to help. Thanks in advance!

Nocturne on

This discussion has been closed.