Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Need help finding a movie

Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
The girl I'm dating is doing a paper on films intended to shock and horrify, and I'm trying to remember a film I heard about a year or two ago...

Basically, I remember that this movie was premiered in a European film festival, I want to say in France. It included the violent torture and killing of a young girl. The film was given great reviews for how realistic and shocking it was, and then it came out a year or two later that the girl in the movie was actually tortured and killed by the maker of the movie, it wasn't special effects.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Raiden333 on
camo_sig2.png
«1

Posts

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    The girl I'm dating is doing a paper on films intended to shock and horrify, and I'm trying to remember a film I heard about a year or two ago...

    Basically, I remember that this movie was premiered in a European film festival, I want to say in France. It included the violent torture and killing of a young girl. The film was given great reviews for how realistic and shocking it was, and then it came out a year or two later that the girl in the movie was actually tortured and killed by the maker of the movie, it wasn't special effects.

    Does this ring a bell with anyone?

    ...

    was it possibly a dream you had? Because that never happened.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The film 8mm with Nicholas Cage deals with a snuff film in a vaguely similar manner, but no, what you explained does not exist.

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, pretty sure that doesn't exist. Up until the dying part, I thought you might have been talking about Irreversible, which purposely tried to make the audience sick and leave. It even used low frequencies to cause discomfort.

    Another movie that had a similar thing was the shitty b-movie, "They Call Her One Eye", where a girl is drugged and raped for months or something, and then the main bad guy stabs her in the eye. The crew got a cadaver from the morgue and stabbed its eye out for the big scene.

    steam_sig.png

    I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Closest thing I can come up with for you is The Devil's Experiment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_(film_series)#The_Devil.27s_Experiment
    Its Japanese.


    And this girl sounds awesome. Last House on the Left was made to just really fuck with people, its probably the best American example of this genre combined with advertising. Saw and Hostel can't touch it still.

    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ah well, could have sworn it was real. Thanks anyway.

    Actually, I'm pretty glad it's not real.

    camo_sig2.png
  • wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You might be thinking of either Snuff or Cannibal Holocaust. Both of these films were surrounded by rumors that they depicted real, honest-to-god killings instead of mere special effects -- in fact, the director of Cannibal Holocaust was charged with murder shortly after the film's release (eventually cleared, of course).

    BTW, I got a message from Obs that equated installing OS X on a PC with car theft, murder and rape. Is he normally like that?
  • MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    Spoiler:
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think Cannibal Holocaust used a real corpse.

    What people are saying doesn't exist is a snuff film that was commercially released.

    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Or that ever appeared at Cannes.

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think Cannibal Holocaust used a real corpse.

    What people are saying doesn't exist is a snuff film that was commercially released.

    I really wish I didn't look that up.

    Fuck that is disgusting. Fucker should be in jail.

    They didn't use a real corpse as far as I read though.

  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

    I feel the same way about Unicorns. Live the dream man.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

    I feel the same way about Unicorns. Live the dream man.

    Have you not been on the internet? Are the dark recesses not evidence enough of what people will do and film? To state that there hasn't been one snuff film is ignorant.

  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Did you even read the Snopes link?

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    A snuff film that premiered at an actual film festival, given great reviews for its realism and shock value, and then discovered to be real -- these are pretty specific details for a supposed snuff film, and incredibly farfetched. If this actually happened, it would not be even slightly difficult to find information about it on the Internet.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

    I feel the same way about Unicorns. Live the dream man.

    Have you not been on the internet? Are the dark recesses not evidence enough of what people will do and film? To state that there hasn't been one snuff film is ignorant.

    I don't know if you know how stuff works, but the fact that it could exist does not then make it so it does exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • PaperPrittPaperPritt Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well ... i was positively certain that snuff movies were a real thing. Then i read the Snopes link, which is convincing.

    I'm not entirely too sure what to think anymore, but the one certain thing, is that no commercial movie has ever been a snuff film.

    As to know if one could exist... this isn't really the right forum to discuss it.. d&d maybe.

  • MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I guess by calling it a "snuff film" we're assuming that they're being sold, to some sort of market. I'll say that yes, there are no commercially released (even through dark seedy underbellies of society) but to imply that no real murder has EVER been FILMED is a little excessive.

    This link is really interesting!

    Spoiler:
  • DuffelDuffel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, pretty sure that doesn't exist. Up until the dying part, I thought you might have been talking about Irreversible, which purposely tried to make the audience sick and leave. It even used low frequencies to cause discomfort.

    Another movie that had a similar thing was the shitty b-movie, "They Call Her One Eye", where a girl is drugged and raped for months or something, and then the main bad guy stabs her in the eye. The crew got a cadaver from the morgue and stabbed its eye out for the big scene.

    How on earth was this legal

    Is that not mutilation of a corpse

  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty sure that doesn't exist. Up until the dying part, I thought you might have been talking about Irreversible, which purposely tried to make the audience sick and leave. It even used low frequencies to cause discomfort.

    Another movie that had a similar thing was the shitty b-movie, "They Call Her One Eye", where a girl is drugged and raped for months or something, and then the main bad guy stabs her in the eye. The crew got a cadaver from the morgue and stabbed its eye out for the big scene.

    How on earth was this legal

    Is that not mutilation of a corpse

    If it makes a difference, it's Swedish, and it was banned there too.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_-_en_grym_film

    steam_sig.png

    I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think Cannibal Holocaust used a real corpse.

    What people are saying doesn't exist is a snuff film that was commercially released.

    I really wish I didn't look that up.

    Fuck that is disgusting. Fucker should be in jail.

    They didn't use a real corpse as far as I read though.

    Damn, now I have to look it up. Look what you did! D:

  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What about the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs?

    I'm not going to post any links, but they recorded some of their murders. Would it not be snuff cause they filmed them for personal use only?

  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yea, its kind of sick, but this is kind of my favorite niche genre of movies.

    Edit: Oh my god, I completely forgot the crowning achievement for American filth cinema; Pink Flamingos.
    Not only does a drag queen mother give her son a blowjob, but said son has sex with a woman and kills a chicken in the process and a woman is impregnanted against her will with a turkey basted filled with semen. Oh, and the drag queen lead eats real dog shit in a continual shot.
    It's not a horror film, but the entire movie was "an exercise in filth".

    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    What about the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs?

    I'm not going to post any links, but they recorded some of their murders. Would it not be snuff cause they filmed them for personal use only?
    The fact that Yatzenko's murder was captured on video was unknown to the public until a court session on October 29, 2008. The unedited video of the murder was shown as part of a large presentation by the prosecution, causing shock in the audience. The court agreed with the prosecution that the video was genuine, that it showed Igor Suprunyuck attacking the victim, and that Viktor Sayenko was the man behind the camera.
    The video showing the murder of Sergei Yatzenko was leaked to a shock site based in the United States and dated December 4, 2008. Ekaterina Levchenko, adviser to Ukraine's Minister of the Interior, was critical of the leak, but admitted that control of videos on the Internet was "virtually impossible".[50] Parts of the video have become a viral video. Some YouTube users have posted videos recording their reactions while watching the murder video.

    It doesn't meet the strict definition of a snuff film (not filmed for commercial use), but I think it fits the broad definition.

    And it counters Mikkelson's claim that even psychopaths are smart enough not to film themselves murdering people.

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    necroSYS wrote: »
    And it counters Mikkelson's claim that even psychopaths are smart enough not to film themselves murdering people.

    She doesn't make that claim. She says that you'd have to be crazy to do so, and that anyone out to make a buck wouldn't be that crazy.
    Capturing a murder on film would be foolhardy at best. Only the most deranged would consider preserving for a jury a perfect video record of a crime he could go to the executioner for. Even if he stays completely out of the camera's way, too much of who the killer is, how the murder was carried out, and where it took place would be part of such a film, and these details would quickly lead police to the right door. Though someone whose mania has caused him to lose touch with reality might skip over this point, those who are supposedly in the business for the money would be all too aware of this. It doesn't make sense to flirt with the electric chair for the profits derived from a video.

  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Ahh, true.

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    unless said video was made in a lawless country?
    there are places like that

    3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    unless said video was made in a lawless country?
    there are places like that

    Even in lawless countries, it's probably not a great idea to attempt to sell videos of the murder you committed. To say nothing of the resulting ostracism, it's not as if there's a thriving market for this kind of thing.

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i never said it was a good idea..

    3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
  • DuffelDuffel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There's never been a recorded case anywhere, ever, of someone making a snuff film for sale. It just hasn't happened. It's a myth rooted in the idea that our society has become so depraved that people will do literally anything for money.

    Also, even in 'lawless' countries people can't just do whatever they want without fear of punishment. Somebody caught making a snuff film even in some third-world hellhole is probably going to get dragged out of their house in the middle of the night by vigilantes and killed in a very painful way.

  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    There's never been a recorded case anywhere, ever, of someone making a snuff film for sale. It just hasn't happened. It's a myth rooted in the idea that our society has become so depraved that people will do literally anything for money.

    myth is often rooted in truth. The key word here is any "recorded" case of it. Also the snuff is being debunked for another key word of it solely being for "commercial" use. Hell I just read a story in the news this past month of a big drug bust in either Arizona or Mexico where they found a pic on the guys cell phone of 4 severed heads. He claimed it was a joke sent by friends.....sure buddy. With enough dumb people posting crime vids up on MySpace and Facebook it is only a matter of time till we get a recorded case of murder on film.
    Duffel wrote: »
    Also, even in 'lawless' countries people can't just do whatever they want without fear of punishment. Somebody caught making a snuff film even in some third-world hellhole is probably going to get dragged out of their house in the middle of the night by vigilantes and killed in a very painful way and recorded on video.

    also I love how people like to use Snopes as an argument ender. It is on teh internets... therefore it is true and correct.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

    I feel the same way about Unicorns. Live the dream man.

    Have you not been on the internet? Are the dark recesses not evidence enough of what people will do and film? To state that there hasn't been one snuff film is ignorant.

    I don't know if you know how stuff works, but the fact that it could exist does not then make it so it does exist.

    Is that at all what I'm claiming? And if you want to go that route, is a lack of evidence indicative of something not existing? It goes both ways.

    Look, all I'm saying is that the chances are very high of people killing people, filming it, and selling it on the black market. People film themselves molesting children and that is sold on the black market. Considering that, I don't see how people can doubt that weird freaks would take it just a step further and make and sell videos of people being murdered.

    Oh, and that fact that "there hasn't been one recorded case of an actual snuff film"? Yeah, they're not supposed to be discovered. We see people being busted for child porn and have evidence for that because its a much more widespread perversion. Combine something existing in significantly smaller quantities for a significantly smaller audience with a very secret system of buying/selling and its not surprising that cops don't have any evidence.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    MC Mystery wrote: »
    I like that everyone's like, "Oh that doesn't exist." That's really stupid. Just because you all don't know of this movie, doesn't mean it didn't happen. What the fuck?

    My first thought was Cannibal Holocaust. Though, like Wasted Pixels said, that turned out to be false.

    There were and always will be REAL snuff films though, I like that everyone in this thread is acting like that doesn't exist. Yes it's fucking horrible, but yes, it's also a real thing.

    I think the conventional wisdom at the moment is actually that there's never, ever been a snuff film. And this is despite numerous investigations.

    Kinda surprising really. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/snuff.asp

    No I think they do exist, and to think that there hasn't been one snuff film out there doesn't make sense.

    Just because police "haven't found evidence of one" doesn't mean they don't exist on the black market.

    to OP: Yeah the film you're talking about doesn't exist.

    I feel the same way about Unicorns. Live the dream man.

    Have you not been on the internet? Are the dark recesses not evidence enough of what people will do and film? To state that there hasn't been one snuff film is ignorant.

    I don't know if you know how stuff works, but the fact that it could exist does not then make it so it does exist.

    Is that at all what I'm claiming? And if you want to go that route, is a lack of evidence indicative of something not existing? It goes both ways.

    Look, all I'm saying is that the chances are very high of people killing people, filming it, and selling it on the black market. People film themselves molesting children and that is sold on the black market. Considering that, I don't see how people can doubt that weird freaks would take it just a step further and make and sell videos of people being murdered.

    Oh, and that fact that "there hasn't been one recorded case of an actual snuff film"? Yeah, they're not supposed to be discovered. We see people being busted for child porn and have evidence for that because its a much more widespread perversion. Combine something existing in significantly smaller quantities for a significantly smaller audience with a very secret system of buying/selling and its not surprising that cops don't have any evidence.

    Again, your argument and the argument for the existance of unicorns are remarkably similar.

    But, I've been down this road before and it always ends with me getting infracted, so the last thing I'll say is what has already been said. There has never been a documented incident that fits the definition of a snuff film. The notion has so pervaded society that people assume there are cases when there are none.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009

    Oh, and that fact that "there hasn't been one recorded case of an actual snuff film"? Yeah, they're not supposed to be discovered. We see people being busted for child porn and have evidence for that because its a much more widespread perversion. Combine something existing in significantly smaller quantities for a significantly smaller audience with a very secret system of buying/selling and its not surprising that cops don't have any evidence.

    So, here's my question. Earlier in the thread, we had a good example of a murder which was filmed. That film ended up as a viral video on the Internet, which you can watch for free.

    What's the incentive to sell a snuff film when you're risking heavy jail-time and not much financial return, given that, inevitably, your product is going to end up on the Internet for free consumption?

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    necroSYS wrote: »

    Oh, and that fact that "there hasn't been one recorded case of an actual snuff film"? Yeah, they're not supposed to be discovered. We see people being busted for child porn and have evidence for that because its a much more widespread perversion. Combine something existing in significantly smaller quantities for a significantly smaller audience with a very secret system of buying/selling and its not surprising that cops don't have any evidence.

    So, here's my question. Earlier in the thread, we had a good example of a murder which was filmed. That film ended up as a viral video on the Internet, which you can watch for free.

    What's the incentive to sell a snuff film when you're risking heavy jail-time and not much financial return, given that, inevitably, your product is going to end up on the Internet for free consumption?

    the incentive is $$$. You only sell it to cliche creepy old rich people like a Mr. Burns who will pay top dollar for such a thing and keep quiet due to his station and reputation. :P

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Last year, Michael Bay murdered the transformers on film. Technically this should count.


    ... I have nothing useful to offer.

  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

    Again, your argument and the argument for the existance of unicorns are remarkably similar.

    But, I've been down this road before and it always ends with me getting infracted, so the last thing I'll say is what has already been said. There has never been a documented incident that fits the definition of a snuff film. The notion has so pervaded society that people assume there are cases when there are none.

    Really they're not.

    If you can't critique my points without being sarcastic and repeating the same things, then yeah, its obvious that this can't go on.

    I'll say it one final time: All I'm saying is that there is a very high chance that there are snuff films, or have been snuff films, distributed on the black market. What YOU are saying is that just because law enforcement can't find any means that there aren't any, for sure, no questions asked, which just doesn't make sense. If a candy shop has M&Ms, its probably going to have Skittles. Just because you see only the M&Ms at the beginning of the isle doesn't mean that there aren't any Skittles...it just means you haven't looked deep enough.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

    Again, your argument and the argument for the existance of unicorns are remarkably similar.

    But, I've been down this road before and it always ends with me getting infracted, so the last thing I'll say is what has already been said. There has never been a documented incident that fits the definition of a snuff film. The notion has so pervaded society that people assume there are cases when there are none.

    Really they're not.

    If you can't critique my points without being sarcastic and repeating the same things, then yeah, its obvious that this can't go on.

    I'll say it one final time: All I'm saying is that there is a very high chance that there are snuff films, or have been snuff films, distributed on the black market. What YOU are saying is that just because law enforcement can't find any means that there aren't any, for sure, no questions asked, which just doesn't make sense. If a candy shop has M&Ms, its probably going to have Skittles. Just because you see only the M&Ms at the beginning of the isle doesn't mean that there aren't any Skittles...it just means you haven't looked deep enough.

    Yes, just like people haven't looked closely enough for unicorns. They're out there. People just haven't found them yet.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    And WMDs, right?

    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
«1
This discussion has been closed.