Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Need help finding a movie

2»

Posts

  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    Sentry wrote: »

    Again, your argument and the argument for the existance of unicorns are remarkably similar.

    But, I've been down this road before and it always ends with me getting infracted, so the last thing I'll say is what has already been said. There has never been a documented incident that fits the definition of a snuff film. The notion has so pervaded society that people assume there are cases when there are none.

    Really they're not.

    If you can't critique my points without being sarcastic and repeating the same things, then yeah, its obvious that this can't go on.

    I'll say it one final time: All I'm saying is that there is a very high chance that there are snuff films, or have been snuff films, distributed on the black market. What YOU are saying is that just because law enforcement can't find any means that there aren't any, for sure, no questions asked, which just doesn't make sense. If a candy shop has M&Ms, its probably going to have Skittles. Just because you see only the M&Ms at the beginning of the isle doesn't mean that there aren't any Skittles...it just means you haven't looked deep enough.

    Yes, just like people haven't looked closely enough for unicorns. They're out there. People just haven't found them yet.

    No, the difference is that there is no evidence that points to mythical creatures existing, directly or indirectly.

    We do, however, have evidence of sick people doing sick things, which is why it isn't a stretch to think that people would make snuff films, because, lets see, in a snuff film, sick people do sick things. There are videos that are sold on the black market of people being raped and kids being molested. Is it really that hard for you to make that small connection from A to B? If people are willing to psychologically and physically harm a kid on film, why is it so hard to contemplate people killing other people on film?

    Is this really that difficult?

  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's pretty hard to imagine them being able to keep it totally hidden from everyone. People get busted for child porn all the time, but the number of secret black market snuff films that have turned up is zero. And the counterargument that was put forth was that these people are secretive, whereas the child porn people presumably have their own T-shirts and Yahoo groups, making them easy to find. Someone so incredibly secretive would probably not be selling his illegal product on the black market, because then it would no longer be a secret.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Is it really that hard for you to make that small connection from A to B? If people are willing to psychologically and physically harm a kid on film, why is it so hard to contemplate people killing other people on film?

    Is this really that difficult?
    The problem is that it is easy to imagine people making snuff films, which is why this rumor is so prolific despite the total lack of evidence to suggest that anyone has ever attempted to sell a snuff film.

  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    First, your concept of the "black market" is laughable. Second, meet the Narwhal.

    http://www.caroleacuna.com/images/narwhal2.jpg

    Nature has already made a single horned creature. There is no logical reason for a Unicorn not to exist, except that it doesn't.

    Is that so difficult to understand?

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Orogogus wrote: »
    It's pretty hard to imagine them being able to keep it totally hidden from everyone. People get busted for child porn all the time, but the number of secret black market snuff films that have turned up is zero. And the counterargument that was put forth was that these people are secretive, whereas the child porn people presumably have their own T-shirts and Yahoo groups, making them easy to find. Someone so incredibly secretive would probably not be selling his illegal product on the black market, because then it would no longer be a secret.

    in the instance of the child movie there is one innocent party who can go forth and tell the story to break the secret, assuming those kids aren't killed after said act.

    in the snuff scenario neither party involved would wish to break the secrecy and the innocent party involved can no longer speak as they are deceased.

    even with the possibility of the innocent being able to come out and tell the story things can stay hidden a long time also, so it isn't like Yahoo groups. This past year the was a well known paramedic in my town that everybody liked who was busted for child stuff. It came out in the trial he was doing it for decades before anyone spoke up. quite a shocker to everyone. I'd go as far as to say that the only reason it is so prevalent now a days is that people are being trained and told to speak up when things like this happen from an early age. People have been known to keep it secret as they feel it is a source of embarrassment, painful, etc..... how many kids from the 1940's - 70's finally came out now late in their lives telling of priests touching them. I think it is a change in the overall culture is the reason there is more open speaking of this now than in the past. I know Yahoo groups was an exaggeration to make your point, but do you get where I'm going with this?

    eh, should we make a separate thread on this in D&D or get one of the mods to move it over. Think the OP here was well addressed in the first couple posts.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • altusername2468altusername2468 __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    First, your concept of the "black market" is laughable. Second, meet the Narwhal.

    http://www.caroleacuna.com/images/narwhal2.jpg

    Nature has already made a single horned creature. There is no logical reason for a Unicorn not to exist, except that it doesn't.

    Is that so difficult to understand?

    How is my concept of the black market laughable? Will you EVER expand on your points? Incredibly frustrating.

    If you want to play this stupid game about unicorns, fine. Let me explain why your metaphor doesn't apply here.

    I am not looking at the narwhal and saying, hey, he has a horn, that MUST mean that unicorns exist too! Woohoo! No, that is an extremely large leap in logic. Their development as species do not affect one another. They are in completely opposite environments.

    In actuality, child porn and killing people on film are in the same realm of perversness. They both are exchanged in the same "market", and they both require an incredible lack of moral integrity for people to participate.

  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From the stories I recall, a lot of these child porn findings aren't from the children coming forth and telling someone. Gary Glitter was found out by taking his computer in to get repaired and the guy working on it discovered it.

    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From the stories I recall, a lot of these child porn findings aren't from the children coming forth and telling someone. Gary Glitter was found out by taking his computer in to get repaired and the guy working on it discovered it.

    and a lot of these child findings are from "children" coming forth. In my example it is was just that these children waited 20 years before coming forth. How many priest touching stories that fit this profile would you liked cited to back this up or can we just take this as common knowledge? I choose priests as it received so much media coverage over the past decade or two, but again there are many many stories of people coming forward years after the abuse has taken place.

    and yes, in your example there has been a recent trend of PC techs finding things also that has popped up in the news quite often.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

    also I love how people like to use Snopes as an argument ender. It is on teh internets... therefore it is true and correct.


    People use Snopes articles, because they're well researched, based on evidence and include a list of their sources.

    You can have your own beliefs, but unless you can find some evidence to assert otherwise, they will remain just that. A belief.

  • necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Sweet merciful crap! Page 3??? This thread really needs to get moved to D&D at this point, or just locked before the stupid leaks out.

    There's no point in you getting both of yourselves all worked up and ready to chart the undiscovered country, then having her flush crimson red, run to the bathroom, and spend twenty minutes straining and grunting and stressing out because you're all ready to deliver your package but there's a three inch thick Sunday paper clogging up the mail slot.
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From the stories I recall, a lot of these child porn findings aren't from the children coming forth and telling someone. Gary Glitter was found out by taking his computer in to get repaired and the guy working on it discovered it.

    and a lot of these child findings are from "children" coming forth. In my example it is was just that these children waited 20 years before coming forth. How many priest touching stories that fit this profile would you liked cited to back this up or can we just take this as common knowledge? I choose priests as it received so much media coverage over the past decade or two, but again there are many many stories of people coming forward years after the abuse has taken place.

    That would be abuse and molestation, not child pornography. If you can find a child porn case that was brought to light by the victim, please cite it. Otherwise, it doesn't address the question of whether there's actually an organized ring getting snuff films from people who make it to people who want to see it.

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If you people really, truly want to continue this discussion, I guess you can start a D&D thread about it or something.

    This is as solved as it's ever going to get.

2»
This discussion has been closed.