As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Logitech Harmony Remotes and the PS3

PirusuPirusu PierceRegistered User regular
While looking to see if my Harmony One was compatible with a HTPC case I was thinking of getting, I stumbled upon this.

Being a PS3 owner who gets frustrated having to use my seperate sony remote when I have a fancy Harmony, all I can say is: about time Logitech.

While it's still a bit pricey, it's better than any other option that gives you access to all 51 functions. (The IR2BT is easily over 100)

Gonna pick this up as soon as I get the cash!

Pirusu on

• SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That is pretty cool, it is pretty pricey though. Regardless I'll probably pick one up so I only have to deal with one remote.

Sunstrand on
    BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
  • ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    El Jeffe made some comments about this here. Apparently if you want to save the money, you can manage everything except turning the thing on.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There are the IR usb dongles that people like El Jeffe have been using for awhile. There are other units similar to this one that have been on the market for around a year now. I don't think they're as nice as this. I'm almost afraid to check out the AVS forums for a review/opinion article on it.

Dark Shroud on
  • ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am so eagerly awaiting the Logitech adapter it's not even funny.

If it were just me, I'd probably be OK with suffering through one of the other options... but the rest of the family isn't necessarily into figuring out how the whole XMB thing works, would take about 20 minutes to figure out the controller, and we constantly lose the PS3 Bluetooth remote. Or the batteries die in it.

The Harmony remote is easily the best thing I spent money on in our entire HT system (that, or that sweet Monoprice HDMI switchbox). It keeps everyone sane.

rufo on
  • stringstring Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    rufo wrote: »
    I am so eagerly awaiting the Logitech adapter it's not even funny.

Wait no longer!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/15/logitech-harmony-adapter-for-playstation-3-now-shipping/

string on