As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CPU/GPU benchmark or stress tests

DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
Anyone know of a system stress application I can run, specifically CPU and GPU intensive?

I ran BurnInTest and it's gone several cycles and didn't crash so I guess that's good, but the 3D graphics test was kinda lame.

I'm running a Q6600 w/a 25% OC to 3 Ghz and a stock GTX 260 on a cooler master 500w PSU. The PSU was dirt cheap and I want to push the CPU and GPU to the limit and see if the PSU can handle it as I'll need to exchange it in the next week or 2 if it cannot cut the mustard.

Djeet on

• tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    go to guru3d.com and check out some of the stuff they have.

personally, i use the Crysis Demo and the Crysis Benchmark tool for testing my graphics.

orthos is a good all around tester for cpu, ram, and your mobo.

tehmarken on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    FurMark is great for testing gpu's. The Crysis Benchmark would be a good bet to test your system overall. My brother is running a GTX 275 with a cheap 500watt Cooler Master. He hasn't had any major problems but he says his fan seems to bog down when he is playing games. No crashes or anything like that.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • KidDynamiteKidDynamite Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really like OCCT, if you google it you can find it, and it has lots of options.

It won't do CPU + GPU together (I don't think) but the stress tests seem to work great. And the newer version has both GPU Ram and 3d tests.

KidDynamite on
  • DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I used Prime95 for CPU testing. Good call on the crysis demo though.

I've heard this PSU got noisy and would have fan failures due to the fun rubbing up against the fan grill. I re-installed the grill, separating it from the fan with washers and it's pretty quiet. I'm probably going to return the PSU and get a nicer one. It seems to be running OK right now, but I want to setup an SSD RAID so I think I'll need the extra juice.

Djeet on