As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy XII glitch huhwhat?

splashsplash Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm on a second playthrough of FF12 (skipping all hunts) and started noticing something weird at about 15 hours (I remember coming back into Rabanastre, and it was before going to the Tomb of Raithwall). The problem is the characters that aren't in my playable party are gaining more License Points then the ones I'm using (seems to be 2x or more). Now, this is a huge problem, as I decided I wanted to playthrough with an unconventional team compared to last time, but I've now ended up mainly using the exact same team!! Because I'm using the characters I don't want to play as to slowly obtain things for the team I do want to use.

In my first playthrough I spent 200+ hours and I never noticed this, if it's not a glitch. I thought your non-playing characters gained NO license points. At 30 hours and about halfway through the game I feel like quitting because here I am going through the Golmore jungle and Henne mines and my "main" team always has around 80 license points when the non-team is at something like 200 LP. In addition, it feels like half of the treasure chests have been turning up as the rusty knobs.. or whatever. It's super annoying. Throughout the sand sea area, in the tomb of Raithwall, in the plains, Golmore jungle, and Henne mines it's been very high frequency of them. I've gotten literally 3 usable weapon/armor (which is not good because i'm not doing any hunts).

Am I crazy? I was having a great time with the game at 0-20 hours but I can't go on any longer!

splash on

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Reserve characters gain LP, but no XP. It'll seem like they're earning more than your main characters because you're not spending it. That was my experience, at least.

Burnage on
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So if an enemy says 2 LP after it dies every single character gets 2 LP?

And secondly, how did my reserve characters get significantly ahead on the license board!? (The two teams are copies of each other except weapon of choice to avoid having to buy 3 extra sets of equipment etc). I'm obtaining the same licenses for each team except weapon of choice).

Even more, what I do is play through an entire area and only when I switch to the other team do I use all the previous gained LP. Yeesh I think I'm playing the game entirely wrong.

splash on
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yes, every character, active or not, gains the same amount of LP. That is, unless they have the Golden Amulet equipped that doubles the amount of LP gained. Usually a good idea to have this equipped on all inactive characters.

Not sure if dead characters gain LP, probably not.

As for the knots of rust, yeah, there's a lot of them. There's this accessory (Diamond Armlet?) that supposedly enables better loot, and I believe it's required for some treasure. In my experience, it drastically increases the amount of knots and I eventually stopped using it. The treasure system in this game is pretty annoying.

Firebrand on