As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL 10 - Want to join the league? PM Redfield by Thursday.

• Options
    mclay8823mclay8823 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mclay8823 wrote: »
    I hate all of you.

Moody, Shut up and trade me Girrrrrrroux

did you send any offers? I haven't checked.

Frank, you aren't in the league. Haha.

And yeah, I think I offered Clarkson because I didn't know what else to offer. I can probably do a similar rated D-man if that works for you.

I'm on vacation from tonight until Monday night, so check it out today if you have some time.

I also made 3 offers for Briereeeeeeeeeeee

mclay8823 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Can any of you new guys, that haven't already, friend me on Xbox? My GT is Conscript85. I am too lazy to get all of you myself :P

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    NHL 10 EASHL Gameplay Fixes

PLEASE leave a comment on their blog about fixing regular league play. I just submitted a post explaining commishes having no power to set games up to be re-played, fixing the playoff bracket 4 team drop, and fixing shootouts in the post-season.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    PLEASE leave a comment on their blog about fixing regular league play. I just submitted a post explaining commishes having no power to set games up to be re-played, fixing the playoff bracket 4 team drop, and fixing shootouts in the post-season.

posted. I could have ranted for a while, but decided to keep it shorter in the hopes they may actually read the damn thing.

anybody if you notice a major omission from Red or I please chime in there also

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Who says I have to be in the league to make trades?!

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I am pretty close to be done with this game until NHL 10 comes out. Loosing its fun. Aside from OTP, which is only fun because some of the shit we talk about is hilarious. Most games we played people cant match up with us because we work well together. Cept for puffy, he is a cheating dman and nevers stays back....

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Laonar wrote: »
    I think I am pretty close to be done with this game until NHL 10 comes out. Loosing its fun. Aside from OTP, which is only fun because some of the shit we talk about is hilarious. Most games we played people cant match up with us because we work well together. Cept for puffy, he is a cheating dman and nevers stays back....

I'm assuming you mean once EA IS AWESOME concludes!

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I said it last night... I'll stop cheating up when I get beat. 8-)

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah Mike, I am going to finish EA IS AWESOME, which I think is everyones plan to take a break after?

LOL its all good puffy... still cheating dman though.

I forgot to add, Cody is retarded too when he lets in shots from the corners because he does not hug the post!!!! *shakes fist* still the funniest thing i have seen in the game... makes me laugh listening to him yell wtf when it happened lol

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I agree with you. Playing last night was a lot of fun, so many laughs.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    EA IS AWESOME sheet is updated. 12% of the segment 1 games remain.

I'll be out of town from tonight until Monday night, so hopefully you guys finish most of them while I'm gone.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just traded in 3 games I never play and got the UFC game. I know a few of you have it...How is it?

I'm not gonna be able to play it til I get home.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I love it. I'll whoop you in it after I whoop you in hockey :)

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    How indepth is it and how customizable? I thinking of picking it up to play with you guys

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    puffycow wrote: »
    I love it. I'll whoop you in it after I whoop you in hockey :)

I've never really gotten into UFC, but I downloaded and loved the demo so I figured it was worth it for 3 games I never ever play.

As for whooping me in hockey, you may have won game 1, but I've lost game 1 in each of my last 2 series. That comeback from 2-0 down in game 2 gave me life. I seem to win most of my games coming from behind lately...Maybe getting scored on makes me bear down a little more or something.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cody here.

Moody, thanks for posting a comment on EAs blog. Hopefully they listen since there aren't many comments there.

I am thinking of getting UFC as well. Frank might beat me almost every time, but right now I am on a two game win streak against him. :lol: One knock out and one submission.

I of course would commish a league. I don't want it fully like a season (ala hockey). I want there to be an actual champion and all that jazz. Anyway, off to play NHL 09 online with Frank and his roommate.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If we did that cody I would be in faster than puffy goes up on offense as a D

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    And I'd be in that faster than I'd be inside Laonar.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cody's streak is over. I beat him multiple times, and ended with me as Mirko Cro Cop head kicking his Lesnar ass to a KO.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fuck you guys all knowing each other. Move to Vancouver to appease me.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cody's streak is over. I beat him multiple times, and ended with me as Mirko Cro Cop head kicking his Lesnar ass to a KO.

Meh. I enjoyed my matches with Joni more anyway. We had awesome battles. I have to figure out how to stop submissions. Last two fights before I left, he submitted me. I felt powerless.

CCF, get me a job at EA up there and I will come on up.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dear EA Vancouver,

I have a friend who lives in Pennsylvania. He is the commissioner of a league we play in with your fine game. Plz give him a job so he'll move to Vancouver. He knows his shit and takes at least 3 or 4 showers a week.

Sincerely,
    Tyler.

Think it'll work?

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    CCF23 wrote: »
    Dear EA Vancouver,

I have a friend who lives in Pennsylvania. He is the commissioner of a league we play in with your fine game. Plz give him a job so he'll move to Vancouver. He knows his shit and takes at least 3 or 4 showers a week.

Sincerely,
    Tyler.

Think it'll work?

I don't know if I want to lie to them right off the bat. 3-4 showers? I just think that is wasting water.

I really do want them to hear our complaints about the league stuff though. It angers me to no end that a company can get away with such shitty game testing. I am going to bug them on Twitter and their blog until I get some acknowledgment.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You gotta lie at least a little man. I mean, they tell us they beta test thoroughly and have awesome netcode, and you tell them you shower on a regular basis and don't smell like a trash can. I see it as a kind of a tit for tat thing, y'know?

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Meh. I enjoyed my matches with Joni more anyway. We had awesome battles. I have to figure out how to stop submissions. Last two fights before I left, he submitted me. I felt powerless.

CCF, get me a job at EA up there and I will come on up.

We'll have awesome battles when you get a little better ;)

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Who the hell is Tyler?

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    um CCF?

Laonar on
  • Options
    sabotage1022sabotage1022 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I just got my 360 back from the M$ and jumped right into NHL 09. Amazing game, but should I wait until NHL10?

sabotage1022 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    mclay8823 wrote: »
    Who the hell is Tyler?

fail-24.jpg

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So I just got my 360 back from the M$ and jumped right into NHL 09. Amazing game, but should I wait until NHL10?

What do you mean wait? If you already have it, there is nothing to be waiting for. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I have the 09 demo, I was just wondering if the changes made for the next game would be worth the wait.

sabotage1022 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I have the 09 demo, I was just wondering if the changes made for the next game would be worth the wait.

I would say wait just because it is getting close to September (sort of) when NHL 10 will be out. We played the shit out of NHL 09, so there will undoubtedly be a season/team for the next game.

The improvements being made will hopefully stop a majority of the glitching (well, at least the glitch shots from this year...there are bound to be new ones pop up). They are going to have shots from being on your knee/s, face washing after the whistle (to draw penalties), and we can create our own jerseys for EASHL now.

If you need a hockey fix and you can find NHL 09 cheap, go for it. If you can hold off, then hold off. It won't be long until NHL 10 comes out.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I would say wait just because it is getting close to September (sort of) when NHL 10 will be out. We played the shit out of NHL 09, so there will undoubtedly be a season/team for the next game.

The improvements being made will hopefully stop a majority of the glitching (well, at least the glitch shots from this year...there are bound to be new ones pop up). They are going to have shots from being on your knee/s, face washing after the whistle (to draw penalties), and we can create our own jerseys for EASHL now.

If you need a hockey fix and you can find NHL 09 cheap, go for it. If you can hold off, then hold off. It won't be long until NHL 10 comes out.

Exactly the answer I was hoping for. Gives me time to get L4D.
    Thanks!

sabotage1022 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Red said it all. Add us to all to your friends list though if you want good gaming with some funny people.

Laonar is my 360 name. Add me.. do it!

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh I am pretty sure I am picking up UFC this weekend. Played the demo and was a ton of fun.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh I am pretty sure I am picking up UFC this weekend. Played the demo and was a ton of fun.

Be sure to talk about that game in the UFC thread. That is where I have been talking about it. :P

I plan on getting it this week as well and starting up the PAFC (360 version) in the next few weeks.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hey, at least 1 page of this is talk about UFC..besides I would rather play with you guys =p

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    From the Red Wings game tonight... I don't see why Kronwall got tossed. Reminds me of Stevens hitting Lindros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KJm-qcnnC0

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    That was a joke, jackhole.

You fail ;)

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart