As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL 10 - Want to join the league? PM Redfield by Thursday.

• Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sigh.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    mclay8823mclay8823 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nope, that is pretty much exactly what Frank did. The only difference was that his came from more of angle than what you are explaining. The goalie made the same stupid animation.

After all your shittalking about something you didn't even witness, thanks for proving me right ;)

mclay8823 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    He didn't prove you right....

How is a wrister from the slot close to a dump in?

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I dont think its a intentional glitch on most peoples part. If any of the other seasons are going to be like this I am going to opt out and join a league somewhere else.

Mike you still lost... it happens. Ive played a good couple of games with puffy in league and out and not seen him use this. Ive scored goals like this a lot. Always drive the net for a rebound. You are told that in hockey. Alot of stuff is out of our control on goals.

Laonar on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    puffycow wrote: »
    He didn't prove you right....

How is a wrister from the slot close to a dump in?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hey red did they mention anything about people doing a certain things on checks that makes them drive at you like a homing missle and you cant avoid it?

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Laonar wrote: »
    I dont think its a intentional glitch on most peoples part. If any of the other seasons are going to be like this I am going to opt out and join a league somewhere else.

Mike you still lost... it happens. Ive played a good couple of games with puffy in league and out and not seen him use this. Ive scored goals like this a lot. Always drive the net for a rebound. You are told that in hockey. Alot of stuff is out of our control on goals.

I am pretty much done with any league you are in Michael, honestly. I have played games with every member here and I have not complained about or gotten into confrontations with any player on this board. You, however, have managed to do it with many.

I do not know what it is, but it isn't enjoyable. I don't like being in the same social area as you anymore. And it isn't just this argument that brings this up, this includes every one that has come up in the past. I am no longer going to read this thread... partly because I am on to UFC now, partly because I don't feel like seeing you speak.

If anyone wants to chat, message me on the boards or see me in the UFC thread :) I am still up for an NHL game here and there so don't be afraid to invite me/message me/contact me/etc.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Puffy dont leave=/ . Seriously this is the 3rd-4th person that has left because of one person has to be right no matter what.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Step 1: Puck is flipped towards the goalie and slowly rolls towards him. This can be done from any angle.

Step 2: Goalie simply stops the puck in front of him as to allow any bystander the ability to take possession of the puck. No attempt to glove or cover is made. Although a shot could be recorded on the scoreboard here, crediting this to the goaltender as a save would be ridiculous, since a 3 year old infant could stop a puck moving at 3 miles per hour. That said, referring to what is about ensue as a "rebound" would be absurd.

Step 3: Opposing player happens to get motionless puck, which is sitting directly in front of the frozen goalie and tucks it away for easy goal

That is what happened. How do I know this? Because I watched it happen. End of story.

Again, although I know you will continue to be stubborn, thank you Cody for complaining to EA about exactly what I explained as a glitch a week ago. One less thing I need to do.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I will put this easy for you in big letters...

NO ONE CARES

yeah i realized that after i posted it.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    puffycow wrote: »

I am pretty much done with any league you are in Michael, honestly. I have played games with every member here and I have not complained about or gotten into confrontations with any player on this board. You, however, have managed to do it with many.

I do not know what it is, but it isn't enjoyable. I don't like being in the same social area as you anymore. And it isn't just this argument that brings this up, this includes every one that has come up in the past. I am no longer going to read this thread... partly because I am on to UFC now, partly because I don't feel like seeing you speak.

If anyone wants to chat, message me on the boards or see me in the UFC thread :) I am still up for an NHL game here and there so don't be afraid to invite me/message me/contact me/etc.

Oh, okay, just like it was my fault that you didn't drink in college because you didn't like my friends. Grow up, Frank.

A) The reason everyone always bitched about me was because I was always beating everyone. Notice that no one has cried since the skill levels have evened out (until now after you lost after guaranteeing victory)

B) The same social area? Okay?

C) I love how this whole thing is turned on me because you disagree with me and Cody is agreeing with you (because that's just what he does and you know he does that). Me and you are the only 2 who saw what happened. Right when it did happen, you even said it sucked. Now, weeks later, I explained that it was something I'd like to see corrected. Then you and Cody decide to talk to me like I'm some kind of moron who doesn't know shit about the game. Newsflash: I do know what I'm talking about because, umm, I saw it happen dozens of times. Maybe if you didn't always have to be a tough guy, you could admit being wrong once in a while. Instead you will continue to be stubborn and not admit that this is a glitch in the programming.

I don't get it. You guys have both explained the glitch I'm referring to, yet when I bring it up, I'm wrong. Is this like some kind of joke or something? God, you 2 can be annoying sometimes.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dear Laonar,

Why are you chiming in if you don't care? If you have something constructive to say about the goal in question, I'd love to read your thoughts. If not, please stop.

P.S. 'no' and 'know' aren't the same thing

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    EA IS AWESOME LEAGUE

Everyone please finish your games so we can get this overwith. I need to get away from this place before I drown in all the tears.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    mclay8823 wrote: »
    Dear Laonar,

Why are you chiming in if you don't care? If you have something constructive to say about the goal in question, I'd love to read your thoughts. If not, please stop.

P.S. 'no' and 'know' aren't the same thing

Said contructive things numerous times. Fixed the above for ya master.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well then I'm not sure what your issue is.

I mean, I really have no personal issue with anyone on here. I like you guys. Frank pointed out that we've had spats here and there, but what the fuck. I'm not here simply to agree with everything that everyone else says. If I have an opinion or an idea, you will hear about it.

Go back and think of all the issues I've had with people. First of all, pretty much every argument was constructive. Secondly, most of them were simply people just disagreeing with an idea I had. Thirdly, more often than not, I proved to be right. Finally, I'm pretty sure just about every issue was resolved eventually.

Like I said, I'm not here just to agree with you Frank or you Cody or your Laonar. I'm here to compete, talk some shit, and come up with league ideas. I apologize if you take offense because I want to make a 2nd league, Cody, or because I beat you last season, Frank, or because I beat you 7-1 one time, Cody, etc.

I've done a ton to make this game a better experience for all of you. A part of that process has been a lot of arguing on here. I feel bad for those of you who feel the need to hold personal grudges because of this.

Not much more I can say. I know some of you get it. Others don't. Whatever.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mclay just buy UFC so you guys can finish this dispute in the cage.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You mean so Frank can guarantee victory, then lose, then act like he never said a word ;)

Disclaimer: That was a joke and only a joke. Anyone who construes that as an attack or mean or hurtful should calm down, relax, and understand the joking nature of the comment.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    EA IS AWESOME LEAGUE

Everyone play ALL of your remaining games (not just segment 1 games.)

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Can't do Speeza for Briere, Moody. They're actually kinda similar, but Spezza is better.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    Sick MoshSick Mosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sup guys. I still need to finish some games for ea is awesome league. I have been playing ufc lately so just shoot me a message if you want me to switch over to finish the nhl games =).

If you want to play me in UFC do it up.

I am pretty awesome at this game unlike in NHL.

lol.

Sick Mosh on
    Art || Ix Sick Mosh xI
  • Options
    Sick MoshSick Mosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I guess I'll chime in on the glitch goal or whatever.

I have noticed that sometimes the puck will get stuck on the post right next to the goalie but the goalie makes no attempt to go after it, same for the ai defense men. Then a winger from the other team can go pick it up then put it right in.

Sick Mosh on
    Art || Ix Sick Mosh xI
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, that is pretty annoying as well.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So was Barry Melrose a part of the Lord Tycho Cup team? If so, this would be his most significant coaching accomplishment.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Idx86 wrote: »
    So was Barry Melrose a part of the Lord Tycho Cup team? If so, this would be his most significant coaching accomplishment.

I think it was all the teachings of Coach Tocchet that brought CCF to the promised land, but we will have to wait for his response.

The NHL 10 Twitter is teasing what will be in the trailer later tonight.
    -Our trailer will show the first peak at our new first person fighting engine. You will also see some of the new boardplay in action.

-I've mentioned before that we have added a tonne of new goalie animations so you'll see some of that as well.

-with all the great goals that we saw in the NHL this year, we had to add some flash. You'll have to watch to see what I'm talking about!

-...and to wrap it up, I'm sure some of you have seen the wicked compilation video on youtube of captains raising a special little cup....

-how does that video tie in to our trailer and then tie in to NHL10??? You tell me! ;-)

If anyone can find this "comiplation video" of the "captains raising a special little cup" please post.

Also, someone tweeted to NHL 10 asking to put this soundbite in the game and NHL 10 said "done." I really hope they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUr_qek_W2I

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I wonder how they'd work that in.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, EA has revealed their E3 lineup, and it includes NHL 10.

Take a guess which console will NOT be getting NHL 10.

Yup! EA is still not giving the Wii any NHL love!

EA is awesome! How awesome? SO AWESOME!

:x

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sweet. A free promotion for my league.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BTP wrote: »

they are making the right decision there. don't waste any time or resources on the Wii, it is worthless. Only way they'd ever get me interested in a Wii version is if it used Motion + and had perfect stick handling and shooting, don't know how they'd do shot location, but whatever. Also it must use the balance board and force you to do some kind of mock skating motion.

Also I'd have to be able to wield 2 wiimotes + balance board and play goalie only. One wiimote for the glove and the other stick.

even if they managed to make that perfect I'd still probably buy the 360 version anyway. The Wii does nothing but collect dust in my home

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    BTP wrote: »

You should have a 360 by now. If you don't play games online as is, even better because you won't need to get Xbox Live. You can get an Elite for $400 (120gb hd) or Pro for $300 (60gb hd). I suggest just going all out and getting the Elite. I had a 20gb hd and recently purchased a 120gb hd and have been happier ever since. I have 4-5 games installed, all of my arcade games redownloaded, some tv shows, some music, and still have about 80gb of space left.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mike, I wont be around this weekend I do not think. I am house sitting and dont know if I can get on the internet there. Just a headsup.

Laonar on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mike, I wont be around this weekend I do not think. I am house sitting and dont know if I can get on the internet there. Just a headsup.

No problem. I appreciate the heads up.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Just a reminder that the NHL 10 trailer will be coming on Gametrailers TV on SPIKE @ 11pm.

edit: Trailer was OK. Nothing spectacular.

-Board play will be fun. It looks just like NHL2k5.
    -They showed Ovechkin going to his knees to shoot after he was tripped by a diving guy, but they cut away to a red light instead of showing the animation.
    -Goalies new saves didn't look great. One was a goalie making what looked like an inside the elbow save and popped the puck up and into his glove. Another was the goalie a little out of the net (top of the crease) and the puck was dropping down behind him. The goalie turned his torso to look at the puck and used his blocker to smack the puck away.
    -The very short clip of fighting didn't impress me either. Either the clip was sped up or it seemed like the animations were too fast.

I'm not saying all of the improvements will be crap. I am just waiting to get excited after seeing this stuff during gameplay.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Just updating on what I left on their latest NHL blog post.
    Trailer was OK. Nothing to get super hyped for...yet.

-Board Play: Looks good so far (ala NHL2k5). Can't wait.

-1st Person Fights: From the trailer, the fighting looked way fast. Not sure about that. Hopefully the trailer just sped things up. And the view seemed blinded around the edges.

-Goalies: There were maybe two things in there for goalies. Yet to be impressed with updates.

-One Knee Shot: You cut away just as the animation is about to happen. Are you guys still working on that portion or what? Can you go down whenever you want or is it only when tripped up?

Another thing I noticed (like someone said in an early blog post) is that hitting seems to still be done leading with a crosscheck. Shoulder, shoulder shoulder. That is what you hit with. Not your stick.

The only way you guys will truly blow me away is if you fix up regular 1-on-1 league play. It was an afterthought in NHL 09. Don't make the same mistake again. Looks very unprofessional having shootouts in the playoffs, not letting teams re-play games where one team was dropped, and only advancing 4 of 8 winning teams in a 16 team playoff.

Everything else that has been talked about in these Vblogs could have pretty much been handed out in NHL 09 through a patch. Yes, patches take time to make, but if all you are getting us excited for is a large patch, I say meh to NHL 10.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks great. It is just that that trailer did nothing for me. I have my own checklist of must have fixes for you guys to wow me. Regular online leagues is the main thing. Hope you hear my voice.
    I would also appreciate it if you guys could work on our player names in EASHL.

Whenever I change my player name, it won't show up during the games. I will instead be named one of the developers names. Eventually it fixes itself, but why should I wait a month to be using my own name.

And speaking of that, why do you not have the name "Cody" in the game? I am pretty sure it has never been in an EA NHL game. But "Cory" is OK? Come on. This was one of the many reasons I shut commentary off.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Meh, it's gonna be hard to judge the game until actually playing it. They've got it nailed so well now that it's just little gameplay tweaks that you'll notice as you go.

I hope the AI defense on your team is more aggressive. Too often they just allow the other team to pass the puck around at will. It seems like 80% of the time or more, you're the one that has to break up the play or pick up the puck, or there will be a chance against you.

More "weak" goals, but not cheap "weak" goals. Goalies aren't perfect. I want a floated wrister to go in every once in awhile without it feeling like a glitch.

Added features to Be A Pro/Franchise mode. PUT A FUCKING FANTASY DRAFT BACK IN THE GAME.

Beta test the online leagues properly plz.

There's more, but the NHL series has gotten so good they're all very minor gripes which is why a trailer won't really get me too excited or disappointed.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alright, I just got a 360 a few weeks ago. I've always been interested in the NHL series, but I've only really played it at friends' houses and to no end have I become skilled.

NHL 09 is now on its merry way to me via goozex. Is this thread basically full of people who are ridiculously good, or would I be able to get in on some fun with some rookies?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Most of can hold our own. It takes some getting used to. We are pretty much done a seasons until nhl10 comes out. We still play pickup games. keep in touch and add us to live.

Also I do have live where I am house sitting

Laonar on
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So is a new league being put together? Or is everyone waiting until NHL '10.

Rei on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rei wrote: »
    So is a new league being put together? Or is everyone waiting until NHL '10.

We are waiting till '10 before some people try to choke each other to death.

We do regularly (or semi) get online and play with each other though, which depending on everyone's levels of ridiculousness, can be a laughfest for hours on end.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You guys mean except for the EA IS AWESOME league ;)

Speaking of which, a bunch of people were on playing last night, which makes me happy. That said, a bunch of you haven't played in quite a while, so go to it.

And I'm not sure if I'll be ALLOWED into the Lord Tycho leagues next year. Cody said he is kicking me out because Frank is mad at me or some shit. So who knows. I'd like to be back. I thought we had a great time. Worst case scenario: I'll bring back the EA IS AWESOME league.

mclay8823 on
    Mike Clay - mclay8823

Fantasy Depth Chart

mclay8823.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The NHL 10 trailer for those that haven't seen it. Going into the OP as well.

NHL 10 Trailer - Hype Train Fail

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png