Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Fallout Triple

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    In my later levels, already having melee 100, sneak 100, and lockpicking 100, and a high small guns, I think I'm going to raise my Heavy Weapons skill, because having power armor, but no goddamn super weapon to use with it is depressing

That is the express reason why I chose to put points into Big Guns as I was nearly finished with Small Guns. Now I run around spitting death at high speeds

JKKaAGp.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BigDes wrote: »
    I can normally trade other stuff in for all that lot, like plasma weapons etc, but if I turn up with outcast armor he says something like

"Oh you brought those back for us, thanks, because I know you wouldn't be dumb enough to trade for them"

Dirty robbing bastard.

Gonna nuke his face.
    Oh no, misunderstood you. That's what I meant. Save all the power armor you get except for Outcast armor, 'cause douchey Mcdoucherton just takes it from you.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I actually showed up there once with one of my followers in Outcast armour. I was amused, but nothing happened.

• Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ok tomorrow is the day I finally do point lookout

edited July 2009
    Enjoy getting raped by mutated rednecks!

Nah, it's not that bad. The zombies are what will rape you.

edited July 2009
    Vault spoilers:
    Spoiler:

JKKaAGp.png
  • jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So there was just an update?

edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    oh, ok
    wasn't aware you were only talking about DLC

so enclave doesn't show up in the vanilla game?
    In case nobody answered... Sorry the forum is slow for me today.
    Spoiler:

Also, with the right perks the Winterized power armor gives 85 DR (the max) and good +stats (no -stats) and is basically indestructible - it's by far the best and only power armor you need.

Otherwise Telsa armor is a little better, and has that cool electrical effect going on which gives it +1000 awesome points. :^:

I hope the alien DLC has some awesome alien power armor that's super-light and like.. shoots fire at your enemies when they touch it... haha.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I only use BoS armor because it has the +2 str, and I only wear power armor when I need help carrying more of my loot. In this game it's been all Chinese stealth suit, and last game it was all about the Ranger armor.

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    yes they do and are in fact the main enemy in the game

are you not that far in the story or what

I'm at level 14 and haven't even finished the GNR radio quest yet. I suspect I might not be doing it right.

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    In my later levels, already having melee 100, sneak 100, and lockpicking 100, and a high small guns, I think I'm going to raise my Heavy Weapons skill, because having power armor, but no goddamn super weapon to use with it is depressing

That is the express reason why I chose to put points into Big Guns as I was nearly finished with Small Guns. Now I run around spitting death at high speeds

This perk is design specifically so that you can ignore big guns at early levels where acquiring them is impractical but then rapidly boost them once they become a viable option.

• The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Holy shit I just did the Dark Heart of Blackhall quest and
    Spoiler:

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    10 STR naturally is win :^: also Strong Back perk... I think my dude can carry about 390 lbs.

Stealth suit + Shocksword pretty much kills anything in 1 hit too, except for reavers, overlords, etc... With that perk from Pt. Lookout that gives you +10 DR when you are standing still I have like 76 DR in the stealth suit too... lawls.

edited July 2009
    did you get the +5 damage to Ghouls perk in PL?

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited July 2009

This perk is design specifically so that you can ignore big guns at early levels where acquiring them is impractical but then rapidly boost them once they become a viable option.

that's what I did, yes

JKKaAGp.png
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    did you get the +5 damage to Ghouls perk in PL?

Yep. The Ferry Boat guy marks off a few "sights" for you to see when you arrive at PL. The perk is obtained at one of those places.

Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
    edited July 2009
    I didn't realize Vertibirds were destructible

I saw one about to land on me, cursed loudly and started firing my minigun, destroying the bird and three cars surrounding it

fucking Enclave bastards, suck my diiiiiick

JKKaAGp.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Spoiler:

I kinda want to use this armor in Anchorage, even if a bit out of place.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5342

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5757

And that stuff is ridiculous and funny.
    Spoiler:

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
    edited July 2009
    wha'd I do

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's too bad a helmet like that irl would be basically saying "shoot me right here"

edited July 2009
    So

It's kinda funny

edited July 2009
    HA!

edited July 2009
    how hard are death claws supposed to be? I turned off XFO, gained 4 levels immediately (boy does XFO curb experience) and killed a death claw in about 3 seconds.

EDIT: To clarify, this is basically vanilla FO3, minus some VATS dickery

JKKaAGp.png
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Deathclaws aren't really that scary. The dart gun makes it just ridiculously easy.

I think I might hack and give myself Eugene (I did the quest and took the combat armor instead), mostly because I don't know of any other special miniguns, and I'd rather have a minigun than Vengeance. Just thinking about using a minigun while using the chinese stealth suit, it'd just be silly...

The armor on the previous page just looks stupid, sure you look like a giant monster badass, but your arms stick out like little twigs...

edit: about the weapons and such, I got a little off track and just started going through different links on the fallout wiki, ended up reading a lot about the old weapons and characters (Frank Horrigan and such), I haven't played the old games yet, but I'm really thinking I will, maybe next summer or something. But I approve of the old weapons being brought back, it's a nice idea as long as they don't completely eff up the damage

edited July 2009
    that's a problem with power armor in general. I only look cool in Enclave Tesla armor when I'm wielding a big minigun that hides my tiny arms and hands

JKKaAGp.png
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I basically hate the power armor in this game. I only use it if I never ever want to sneak.

chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
  • Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Are you being sneaky enough when sneaking?

It's not hard to get into a good firing position in power armour. Just don't expect to be able to creep right up behind someone reliably.

• ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    that's the kind of thing I'm talking about, though.

chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
    edited July 2009
    That's what the Chinese Stealth Suit is for though Duh.

• Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I sneak everywhere

everywhere

• JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    edited July 2009
    Sometimes I want to sneak and sometimes I want to charge brazen into a den full of raiders with a big weapon blazing and a nigh-impenetrable suit of power armor, mowing down any stupid enough not to run at first sight of the gleaming metal-plated death.

Also, goddamn isn't it the 3rd yet? Stupid time, moving so slow.

edited July 2009
    So I've never discovered these Keller Family holotapes before, the one in the Grisly Diner is pretty intense :o

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    The culmination of that is pretty spiffy, and you get something nice out of it too but I forget what exactly. Some unique item maybe?

• freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the unique fatman. shoots eight nukes at once.

edited July 2009
    that is amazing! are there even that many mininukes in the game?

33aqfwk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.