Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Fallout Triple

• Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Dang bongi, you need to fix that.

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Woo, Zeta is out. File size is only 300 megs though, even Anchorage was like 600. Hoping it's not going to be too short or anything.

• Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Might wait till the weekend to grab it on account of lack of time. But then I will be able to gauge its quality through you guys.

• Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Anchorage was only ~350

I think that's what it said when I downloaded it the other day anyway

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    On confederate hats: Why the fuck are there so goddamn many of them?! In such common places? Were they getting ready for the next civil war or something? They're freaking everywhere

Also, I WANT MY BRAIN PUT BACK IN DAMNIT

I think there is some theory that they aren't real confederate hats but rather souvenir replica hats from a theme park or something.

Edit: Or maybe even a museum, as it's located at the Point Lookout state park where there is currently a civil war museum.

• DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh man Broken Steel, where you
    Spoiler:

DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Mothership Zeta is awesome so far but I still haven't figured out what the Alien Crystals are for. I have about 100 large and 200 small, its ridiculous

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Ah, I have 4200 delicious microsoft points sitting on my desk. I can't wait to go home and watch content slowly download all evening on my shitty 'broadband' connection.

Christ, I hope I have room on that stupid small HDD. I might have to uninstall Fable II or something.

• Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Zeta is rad as hell
    Spoiler:

• jwalkjwalk frosty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I finished up Guns of Anchorage, it was great fun, very well done but I didn't manage to find all the intel, whats the bonus for doing that?
    A shitty perk that gives you +sneak or something.

edited August 2009
    +3 Science, Small Guns, and Lockpick

If you didn't get it don't worry about it but for a fairly easy perk it's not too bad

edited August 2009
    Skull Man wrote: »
    so did jesus but people still hang crucifixes
    Jesus rose again after 3 days.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The South is Jesus?

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
    edited August 2009
    Hey someone who's already played a bunch of Zeta
    Spoiler:

edited August 2009
    Finished up Zeta.
    Spoiler:

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is it weird that I want The Pitt more than Broken Steel?

JKKaAGp.png
    edited August 2009
    Not especially, the Pitt has a cooler premise than Broken Steel. But Broken Steel is ultimately the better DLC. You should play them all, though.

edited August 2009
    Damn, I missed a ton of stuff according to the Vault. Might have to reload to my original save and play back through sometime. Or just console in all the stuff I didn't grab, haha.

• HacksawHacksaw J Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The combat and enemy AI still feel incredibly stiff to me.

And the animations, too.

And the characters are ugly.

That said, this is still a fucking great game that only gets better with each DLC pack that comes out. I just wish the Gauss Gun didn't degrade like the power armor you get with it. :(

edited August 2009
    I don't know, they did a pretty good job with the faces this time around I thought. They aren't the ass-ugly of Oblivion, but they aren't all supermodels either. It's pretty easy to make an attractive face with the creator too.

But you're right about the AI and the animations.

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ah, I have 4200 delicious microsoft points sitting on my desk. I can't wait to go home and watch content slowly download all evening on my shitty 'broadband' connection.

Christ, I hope I have room on that stupid small HDD. I might have to uninstall Fable II or something.

You know what? Microsoft points are stupid.

You should give them all to me, I'll take care of them for you.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    mothership zeta was the most disappointing of the Fallout DLC's

no contest

edited August 2009
    It was fun, but I would rank it over the Pitt and under Broken Steel. It's got the coolest unique weapons bar none of any of the DLC. I love the way they do unique weapons in Fallout 3. They're almost never just more powerful versions, they always have a special twist to go with it.

• Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    man I don't see how running through a generic landscape and killing dozens of weak little aliens was all that fun

point lookout was at least remotely difficult

edited August 2009
    It wasn't really that generic, and it was more difficult than Point Lookout. The aliens seemed to range pretty widely between weak and tenacious at level 30, but they all do a ton of damage. It was pretty easy to get overwhelmed. I still wouldn't call it hard, nothing in Fallout 3 is, but it was harder than Point Lookout at the same level. Point lookout enemies did a lot of damage and had a shitton of hp, but you never got swarmed the way you can in Zeta.

I had fun, anyway.

edited August 2009
    Probably my only complaint is how all the missions except the last boil down to
    Spoiler:

edited August 2009
    Well I fucking win at MS points anyway.

By some mircale I had 300 pts left over. This DLC is 800 pts, purchased in 500 pt increments...

FUCK YES EAT MY SHIT BILL GATES!

Er.. uh... downloaded the Zeta... will get to play it tomorrow .. maybe.

edited August 2009

You know what? Microsoft points are stupid.

You should give them all to me, I'll take care of them for you.

They really are stupid. Why doesn't stuff just have a real money price on it? Why does microsoft feel the need to baby-sit my money for me until I'm ready to spend it? At least I gamed the system and bought my points in a shop and so they cost something like 1p less per point. Or 0.1p less or something. HAHA I WIN!

Also, too late, I cashed them all in last night.

• DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zeta was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to trying it out on a character that isn't level 27 though. Those shield/cloak aliens were annoying as shit but they follow the same pattern as the PL creatures; huge amounts of health or DR and damage.

Pretty disappointed about the
    Spoiler:

Certainly gives energy weapons a huge leg up while the ammo lasts.

As always I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new content leads to with mods; forget global travel, I want spaceship travel.

• JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is there going to be a big combo DLC pack coming out? I haven't played this since I beat the main quest a while ago, and I'd like to get all the DLC at once.

PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dunno about all the DLC as one package, but a GOTY edition is coming at some point that will include all of them. Either way you end up spending about the same amount of money; either in two full purchases or the base game plus all DLC.

• Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got past the railroading section and doing a little exploring of my own.

My favourite section of the research lab:
    Spoiler:

Death to PA.
  • BasicBasic Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Okay so I tried out the Iceland mod. I will upload pics in a few.

• BasicBasic Registered User
    edited August 2009
    Okay, here goes, I uploaded these on my xfire, so I don't know if they will work.

After traveling to Minefield Baseball park, then to St. Angers Harbor, the shipmaster drops me off in Reykjavik:
    Spoiler:

As I am walking away from the harbor, I stumble upon a tub out in the middle of nowhere.
    Spoiler:

A little confused, I keep walking. I search for any immediate landmarks to head to. I find none. I do however, spot a bus stop, and decide to see if I can glean some sort of idea as to where I am. Perhaps the Mod's creator had put that stop there as a kind of generosity to show me the way.
    Spoiler:

Confused, frustrated, but not undaunted, I head the other way down a long seemingly endless road.
    Spoiler:

AH FUCK I AM BEING SHOT AT.
    Spoiler:

NO, FUCK YOU.
    Spoiler:

And then, axes.
    Spoiler:

After defeating these raiders, I proceed down the road. I find a store.
    Spoiler:

I couldn't get in because the doors were [INACCESSIBLE]. Lame. I keep going. I find a sewer door as the road suddenly ends.
    Spoiler:

I go inside, and I find ants and raiders. Nothing really to worry about until hey whats that?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

FUUUUUUUUUCK.
    Spoiler:

Thank goodness I quick saved. I proceeded on from my most recent save, and made sure to avoid being destroyed by a plasma mine. And then I find a cracked wall, with light filtering out. Underground.
    Spoiler:

I ignore this new anomaly and continue on. I soon find the sewer door out of these passages, and it leads me out into the middle of Reykjavik.
    Spoiler:

There are a lot of raiders. Lot's of them. And although many houses can be entered, the interiors are copy pasted over and over again. I decide to go with the quest objective and find Reykjavik City Hall, which wasn't too far away as I traversed the generic streets.
    Spoiler:

Hallelujiah! Now hopefully I can stock back up on food and ammo and maybe some medicine because with FWE it's hard to survive long periods of time with limited ammo, healing items and rest and I am so long on everything. Turns out that City Hall is a centaur infested, lifeless hellhole and at that point I gave up and uninstalled.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So Iceland is not a good place to be after the apocalypse, huh.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    that looks fucking hilarious i want that mod

33aqfwk.jpg
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So i found a wierd bug.

I have FOOK installed, as well as the 'additional power armor training.esp' file.

Igot my power armor training through OA, but when i try to equip a minigun, i get the message 'you must be wearing power armor to equip this', even when i am wearing power armor :/

Looks like ima have to go through the main quest as well damnit.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    not sure whether it's my save or the whole game that's borked, but the whole thing has slowed down incredibly over the last few hours of play and now I just get a CtD after about three or four minutes in game, and usually when I am in combat. VATS seems to make it worse.

edited August 2009
    Mine did that, it was a Nvidia driver problem. Updated to the (then) beta drivers and fixed it. Now the new official ones work.

Or could be one of your mods if running one?

This discussion has been closed.