As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ORM Tools in .NET

GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm working on the design of a new enterprise-level project at the company I work for. We are a .NET development house and have been looking at using a new ORM tool as part of this project because it requires change tracking and caching on pretty large custom business objects.

Has anyone out there used LLBLGen or other similar tools? I have used LINQ to SQL in the past but am concerned about its future with Microsoft - not to mention it sucks pretty bad for change tracking across domains.

Ganluan on

• Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My company has moved to NHibernate within the past year, and we've had very good results. I'd recommend it.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That was another one I looked at... any other details about how your company has used it would be appreciated. Was it easy for entry level developers to learn?

Ganluan on
  • Options
    cyphrcyphr Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I wasn't heavily involved in the refactoring of our domain layer, but as far as I know we migrated from a messy mix of ADO.NET and custom persistence logic to a full NHibernate'd solution, and it was (relatively) painless. It's pretty friendly for entry-level developers, you just go over how the mapping files work, and show them how to use the NHibernate methods to persist objects.

There's also an NHibernate plugin for Resharper, which is glorious.

cyphr on
    steam_sig.png