As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue:CT VS KOF12 VS Tekken 6 VS SF4

akuteakute Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
Yo yo.

Notice a lot of fighting games coming out, or are already out there, and just wondering what would happen if they all played "stabsies."

Which do you think will be "the best?"

Soulcalibur IV (Premium Edition Available) - Out now!
Battle Fantasia - Out now!
Street Fighter IV (Limited Edition Available) - Out now!
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Limited Edition Available) - Due 6/30
King of Fighters XII - Due 7/7
Tekken 6 - Due 10/27

Tear it up!

akute on

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arc Systems returns to make fighting games metal.

THEY WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    akuteakute Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arc Systems, AKA Aksys?

BlazBlue looks neat. I'm totally on the fence for the Limited Edition.

Free artbook with GameStop preorder! Free Limitied Edition upgrade with Amazon.com preorder!

Added Battle Fantasia. Totally missed this game on the radar...came out 9/08 I believe. Another Aksys developed game.

akute on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Arc Systems returns to make fighting games metal.

THEY WILL MAKE EVERYTHING METAL.

THE BLACKEST OF BLACK, TIMES INFINITY!

Blazblue has my money already. Preordered the special edition at Playasia. KOF12 I'm on the fence, seeing that I have way too many games as it is.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    akute wrote: »
    Arc Systems, AKA Aksys?

Free artbook with GameStop preorder! Free Limitied Edition upgrade with Amazon.com preorder!

Added Battle Fantasia. Totally missed this game on the radar...came out 9/08 I believe. Another Aksys developed game.

You do realize the "free limited edition upgrade" is basically a lie since the limited edition is the price of a normal game anyways. All amazon has to offer is that you save 3 bucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74493

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    im in the air for which to pick up, blazblue or kofXII. they both look really cool, but theres no way im going to dedicate the time to 2 crazy 2d fighters at the same time.

im also really looking forward to tekken 6, hoping that namco will pull off the online better than with sc4.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    hoping that namco will pull off the online better than with sc4.

All it really needs is the ability to create lobbies and a less retarded searching system that doesn't keep games that are "unable to join" on your list of games to join.

And replays for any match you want.

They could have done so much better with SF4. :<

EDIT: just realized you said SC4. My spiel is about SF4.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    im in the air for which to pick up, blazblue or kofXII. they both look really cool, but theres no way im going to dedicate the time to 2 crazy 2d fighters at the same time.

Pick up Blazblue, it's crazier than KOF12.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    crazier isnt necessarily better, and kof12 looks fucking incredibly sweet

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    We need more players damnit! :P

Hmmm, what would make you decide to go to which then? The system, characters, graphics?

Antihippy on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BlazBlue is utterly gorgeous in motion(as is XII), but B2 has an entirely new cast going for it.

And metal.

You like metal don't you?

Of course you do.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's a pretty great time for fighting games right now. As much as I like SF 4 and soul calibur, I am pretty sure Blazblue is going to rip shit up. Although KoF is looking fan-fucking-tastic right now. Either way they are both as good as bought.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    if they came out months apart from each other i would buy both, its not that they dont both look awesome. but a week apart... i mean im only a man. i only have so much time.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You could still get them months apart from each other.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm totally getting both BB and KoF12. BB first.

And also SF4 for the PC, free online and non-blurry HD resolutions oooh yeah.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    You could still get them months apart from each other.

probably what will happen, but it still remains to be seen which one will get bought on release and which one will get relegated to the someday pile

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    While I am a street fighter at heart. I will be dabbling in the rebel 1 nonsense. Go blazblue and your metal make no sense announcer.

Wheel of fate is turning? Just say Round 1 fight damnit!

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BlazBlue does have one gorgeous collector's edition going in its favor.

blazblue.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    BlazBlue is utterly gorgeous in motion(as is XII), but B2 has an entirely new cast going for it.

Yeah, the new cast are pretty good redesigns of Guilty Gear characters.

blazc3yw5.jpg

POTEMPKIN LOL

Is Battle Fantasia out for PS3 yet?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »

blazc3yw5.jpg

POTEMPKIN LOL

Well, they did add a vampire, two dueling swordsmen, a chinese girl-...

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »

blazc3yw5.jpg

POTEMPKIN LOL

Only for japan, I think.

I thought that you're on 360 though?

And tager is pretty cool to be honest. Magnetism is awesome.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    that guy is no potemkin, i'll say that. i actually hate that guys design passionately.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    that guy is no potemkin, i'll say that. i actually hate that guys design passionately.

He is pretty goddamn awesome in motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiMxnHxSbA

Plus one of his colors makes his skin green.

Also his theme is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bby132VFgVY

Antihippy on
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    akute wrote: »
    Arc Systems, AKA Aksys?

Unless you order on the first 2 weeks they offered it, the artbook had been out of print for a really long time.

And gamestop still putting it on their site as advertisement. The thing is, if you don't see the art book in your order history, most likely your not getting it.

I e-mail gamestop, their response is "wait till we ship it to your house, then you will find out if you got the art book or not! We may or may not! just wait!"

This is second time I buying anything from gamestop, I am guessing this will be my last time. P.S. The first time is when I buy SC4, but the clerk wouldn't hand me the freaking game after I paid him money until he finish his 4 minutes speech trying to convince me to join some gamestop club that cost monthly fees.

Back to topic, I going to go with blazblue, I had faith in them, anyone know if they going to use the same netcode as SSFIIHD?

I was very excited about KOF, but I found out I never really liked KOF series. First of all, the game upgrade too often, so I will have to buy a new version every year. The character you mastered may or may not be in the next installment, in KOF12 cases, none of the characters I used in 11 is going to be there, so *** that. There are no way you can master or play competitive if you only have one years to learn a fighting games. Finally, you have no idea which system the next game will go on, same reason I stop playing melty blood and guilty gear, one version is in PC and PS2, next one is PS2 only, then another one PC only, then the next upgrade Wii only.... do I have to buy 6 systems just to keep up with the updates?

Battle Fantasia..... didn't really pay attention to it, guessing it will only be a rental for me.

Tekken 6, I loved SC4, so I going to get Tekken 6, since I can't play VF5 online with PS3, and I am in for some non-weapon 3D fighter.

First post forgot about MVC2, its not my thing, I would buy CVS2 first day, I played that game to death on Xbox Live.

SF4 is getting boring for me, the lack of lobby really killing that game for me.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Get Blazblue. As Antihippy said, we really need more players!

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

im also really looking forward to tekken 6, hoping that namco will pull off the online better than with sc4.

You're just going to end up getting both, anyhow. Who do you think you're kidding?

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I feel like this thread is really just Blazblue vs. KOF XII. But that's fine with me, as they're pretty clearly the most exciting fighting games on the horizon.

Anyway, my worldview is big enough for more than one awesome fighting game, and I'll definitely get both eventually. But I'll be getting KOF XII ASAP, while I'll get Blazblue eventually. I've already spent a ton of money on XII in arcades and I honestly can't get enough of it. I love the system, and can't wait to be able to experiment with different combos and characters in the privacy of my home.

Blazblue looks great, but I've never been a big fan of Guilty Gear-style fighters. They're definitely crazy, but that's not really the problem I have with them. My problem is that I feel as if I need to spend more time learning the game than I'll ever spend playing it. With X2, I spent an ungodly amount of time practicing with all the characters in the game, but could only ever do decently with maybe three of them. And that was just against my friends.

The only thing about KOF XII that takes a while to learn is the system, and you learn that no matter what character you're playing. Then it's just a matter of learning a character's moves (they don't have very many) and experimenting with various combos. While I'm never going to master all of the characters, I feel like my understanding of the fighting system allows me to hold my own with just about anyone. To me, this makes for a much more fun fighter.

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    SSF2THDR.

Someday I'll need something more from a fighter. But that day is not today.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam