As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Errr, my right clicker thing on my mouse. Halp

LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
well I posted in games and technology and then I realized this might be the right place instead

So uh, my ball mouse has a problem, its getting harder to click on the right side because of time and grimey stuff getting stuck in it.

THAT THING
IMG_1046.jpg

So, how do I pull the clicker off and clean it out? Halp please.

oh jeeze, I hope this is the right place

splat
Loomdun on

• JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Flip the mouse over. Check for screw holes.
    Found em yet?
    No? They're probably hiding under stickers. Some might be under rubber pad thingys.
    Reveal as necessary, then remove the screws (phillips head usually)

If you are lucky, once the screws are removed, the shell (all the non-clicky spinny parts on top) may just come right up, and you can get to the buttons and clean as necessary.

If you are not lucky (like with my MS trackball) the shell might have part of the electronics attached to it, and to the base. Hopefully with a ribbon cable. You should be able to lift the shell upwards, which will extend that ribbon cable, then carefully disconnect it (from whichever end looks like you can disconnect something like that, they usually just slide out). From there you should be able to get your cleaning on.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    woohoo time to do stuff to my mouse

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited May 2009
    omg this thing is impossible to pull off UGHGHGHG

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited May 2009
    WHYYY WONT IT OPEN!!

IMG_1047.jpg

(I unplugged it btw.)

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    They usually hide a screw under the label. Feel at it and see if there's a hole.

MKR on
    edited May 2009
    omg, your right. I hate technology i'm so bad with it

Loomdun on
    splat
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    omg, your right. I hate technology i'm so bad with it
    It's funny, cause I can see the indentation of where that screw was hiding in the pic you posted. I totally mentioned that too ^_^

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That's probably the funniest mouse related picture I've seen.
    When my mice start acting up I usually just throw it out and by a new one, kudo's to you for trying to fix it.

Aridhol on