As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragonica: Paris Strikes Back] Improved EXP gain! Finally!

• XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://forum.iahgames.com/dragonica/showthread.php?p=227720

IAH is putting skill reset scrolls back in.

Xanathus on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The fact that all patches for this game have only addressed the item shop has really dampened my interest. :(

Aldo on
    edited June 2009
    They're supposedly fixing some of the skill cooldowns.

The ones that they "fixed" two patches ago.

http://dragonica.barunsoninter.com/default.aspx

Xanathus on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    uh, anyone else having trouble with the 100 hit combo (non guild) quest that you had to do at bearded whale coast? i got it both inside and outside the misson map and it didn't register :/

mensch-o-matic on
    edited June 2009
    uh, anyone else having trouble with the 100 hit combo (non guild) quest that you had to do at bearded whale coast? i got it both inside and outside the misson map and it didn't register :/
    same. :( I can only guess they mean a different map, but I needed to grind to 25 before i could progress to the next mission map. :(

Aldo on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i'm debating shotdown and relaunch for my archer>ranger

thoughts?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • cowmeetcowmeet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    same. :( I can only guess they mean a different map, but I needed to grind to 25 before i could progress to the next mission map. :(

I actually just finished that a few minutes ago. It registered for me after I stopped the 100+ combo. It took maybe 20 seconds to show that I completed it though, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I did it in the Bearded whale coast too, 3rd row of docks on the minimap.

cowmeet on
    60555833fo7.png
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so who else is on the gpotato verion? I couldn't get IAH to go past the launcher and I'm pretty happy with my 15 magician. But if I'm pretty much alone I may try finagling IAH again

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    Remade PikaPuff, channel 4, Kaye, archer>ranger

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cowmeet wrote: »

I actually just finished that a few minutes ago. It registered for me after I stopped the 100+ combo. It took maybe 20 seconds to show that I completed it though, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I did it in the Bearded whale coast too, 3rd row of docks on the minimap.

It's kind of erratic to me too. Usually I have to KILL the monster before the combo registers as complete.

Dac Vin on
    edited June 2009
    oh man. when it's full, you really see the lag. now I know what you guys were talking about.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Xanathus wrote: »
    They're supposedly fixing some of the skill cooldowns.

The ones that they "fixed" two patches ago.
    Haha. Battlemages get even better.

Oracles are powerful enough in their own rights, but I do regret picking the subclass that only somewhat broken instead of the subclass that's completely broken.

Mumblyfish on
    edited June 2009
    Has everyone in the PA guild stopped playing this? The only other person I see is always AFK.

Xanathus on
    edited June 2009
    So i've decided that every other class compared to warrior>gladiator does more damage, has better survivability, and actually has something to look forward to in later levels.

I Never get gladiator gear in mission maps with a rank of S every time, except some measly leg guards or gloves that i've gotten a million times.

Maybe i'll roll on the gpotatoe version.

cowmeet on
    60555833fo7.png
    edited June 2009
    So i've decided that every other class compared to warrior>gladiator does more damage, has better survivability, and actually has something to look forward to in later levels.
    I wouldn't say every other class. Assassins and Knights are equally shit, too.

Mumblyfish on
    edited June 2009
    Mumblyfish wrote: »
    I wouldn't say every other class. Assassins and Knights are equally shit, too.

That's true, the only thing I do like about warriors is the ability to rack up combos like its nothing. I just did f4 in bearded whale and scored 75 combos points out of the total 98 for our group.. basically giving everyone rank S.

I hate the damn upgraded crabs, can't knock them down or throw them in the air, so I have to dodge every single attack and get hits in when I can.

cowmeet on
    60555833fo7.png
    edited June 2009
    That's true, the only thing I do like about warriors is the ability to rack up combos like its nothing. I just did f4 in bearded whale and scored 75 combos points out of the total 98 for our group.. basically giving everyone rank S.

I hate the damn upgraded crabs, can't knock them down or throw them in the air, so I have to dodge every single attack and get hits in when I can.
    leave those to the acolytes, we tear them apart slowly but certainly.

Aldo on
    edited June 2009
    %50 from lvl 20, man I'm having such a hard time choosing between battlemage and acolyte. I know the defacto answer is "whichever fits your playstyle" but I'm really drawn towards both massive damage and support :P

Acolyte seems like it would be better for PvP what with the heals and disables but never having tried it... word on the street is that PvP sucks

Though I'm also a selfish ass, BM seems like more of a ME!! ME!!! Look at the crazy aoe damage!!

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    Heals in PvP are nerfed beyond recognition. Your main heal only heals for 1% of your total hp. Acolyte is #2 in dps, BM #1. Both classes are hideously overpowered

Aldo on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone on the guild could add me? i just started,my name is BrainSlug. Im asking here cause i have no idea how to whisper in the game :P

AdditionalPylons on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone on the guild could add me? i just started,my name is BrainSlug. Im asking here cause i have no idea how to whisper in the game :P

/w *player* *message*

Dac Vin on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

/w *player* *message*

AdditionalPylons on
    edited June 2009
    Heals in PvP are nerfed beyond recognition. Your main heal only heals for 1% of your total hp. Acolyte is #2 in dps, BM #1. Both classes are hideously overpowered
    When I PvP as an Acolyte, I'm damned near indestructable. You're bonkers! Positively bonkers!

To keep things simple, from my experience as an Oracle I would say that Acolytes are the PvP class, and Battlemages are the PvE class. If you do not care for PvP, definately roll a Battlemage. You would not believe the shit they can pull off, and while the Oracle skill tree is ultimately disappointing the Warmage has several stellar damage skills to complement their already absurd Blizzard and Fire Emblem.

Mumblyfish on
    edited June 2009
    yeah, but not because you can heal yourself, right? At least when I was pvp'ing my heals were utterly useless.

Aldo on
    edited June 2009
    Definately because I can heal myself. They're not nerfed at all in PvP, and in fact one heal in particular recieves a significant boost.

You are aware that the power of all your heals is based on Vitality and not Intelligence, and that your maximum health is multiplied by five in PvP?

Mumblyfish on
    edited June 2009
    Definately because I can heal myself. They're not nerfed at all in PvP, and in fact one heal in particular recieves a significant boost.

You are aware that the power of all your heals is based on Vitality and not Intelligence, and that your maximum health is multiplied by five in PvP?
    My HP is x5, my heals are not x5. Dunno what to make of it. Difference between gpotato and iah, maybe? I'm healing myself with Self Heal, for the record.

Aldo on
    edited June 2009

My HP is x5, my heals are not x5. Dunno what to make of it. Difference between gpotato and iah, maybe? I'm healing myself with Self Heal, for the record.
    Self Heal is pretty much shit, because that is based on your magic attack power rather than your HP. Instant Heal is the staple healing spell until you get HP Restore as an Oracle, whether in PvE or PvP. It is based on your maximum health. It heals fucking tonnes. Instantly.

To clarify: Self Heal is based on your magic attack.

Slow Heal is based on the target's maximum HP.

Wide Heal, Instant Heal and HP Restore are based on the caster's maximum HP.

Sanctuary heals a fixed amount.

Mumblyfish on
    edited June 2009
    Aha, that explains that then.

Aldo on
    edited June 2009
    To clarify further, where the skill description for Wide Heal, Instant Heal and HP Restore read "Heal amount of 50% of castor's magic attack power" - all misspellings and grammar errors are intentional - it should read "Heals for 50% of the caster's maximum HP".

So you can see how with 5x maximum HP and Instant Heal, Acolytes are walking gods. To say nothing of their potential with a full Vitality loadout.

Mumblyfish on
  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My mage is now level 13. Both Warmage and acolyte sound awesome. What's more fun to play as? Seems both are rather powerful by most opinions.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
    edited June 2009
    In PvP, Acolyte is the most fun to play. You will be hitting a lot of buttons. In PvE, you will only be hitting - or rather, holding down - one button.

In PvE, Battlemage is the most fun to play. You will be hitting quite a few buttons. Battlemage button hitting doesn't really change between PvE and PvP.

Mumblyfish on
  • Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dear god why am I downloading this at 34 kbps?! Its going to take 6 hours to download? Is there a faster way to get the client that I'm missing?

Arden Canelo on
    edited June 2009
    was able to get in on the IAH client to see how it stacks up to gpotato.

Guild me!! in as Flecko

edit: oh god the lag!! I'll chock it up to being peak hours for now

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2009
    ... I"m being stalked.

Hm, when I installed, I hit the patcher and kinda ignored it. I have no idea how fast/slow it was. I did notice the very first thing "checking server" or something took forever, but after that I didn't have much problem. maybe 30min or an hour to patch? i wasn't paying attention to it at all.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited June 2009
    Nevermind my earlier question - I'm downloading the torrent version now.

Arden Canelo on
    edited June 2009
    oh i thought you were patching

edit- Online now, pikapuff, lvl 12 kaye channel 4

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited June 2009
    Ok I'm really getting tired of this download going at 32KB/sec...what did you guys do to download the client so much faster? (If that was the case)

Arden Canelo on
    edited June 2009
    Ok after a little time on IAH and when the lag subsided, forget gpotato. Between the bonus goodies the WAY better translation, less bugs... it's just severely better.

Just gonna go ahead and remake my acolyte here, wasn't sure if I'm sending tells correctly so if anyone who can invite to the guild sees this toss one to Flecko

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • BrothermanfredyBrothermanfredy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also if anybody who can invite for the guild is on, I am a level 16 mage named Cubert who would love to join the PA guild.

Brothermanfredy on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

hmm, turns out that after doing 114 combos i got it. keep going until it works, i guess!

...i'm assuming that transferring the game to another laptop with a USB isn't a good idea? because i'm switching soon and i dont want to wait another 6 hours to play it again

mensch-o-matic on