Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Bruno: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Fabulous Fashion of Austria

• Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I was entertained by the movie, grossed out a little, a little scared by all the crazy people.

But I don't think I laughed out loud once.

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    I was entertained by the movie, grossed out a little, a little scared by all the crazy people.

But I don't think I laughed out loud once.

Really?

You didn't laugh at the cage fight?

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I thought "Straight Dave's" was pretty funny

but those peoples' reactions were just frightening

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I love that one fat guy who
    Spoiler:

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • BigKevBigKev Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The thing is, i don't find gross out humour funny. Like, at all. SBC is hilarious when he's subtly turning people against themselves. And there were still some good examples of that here (the parents interview being the best, and absolutely hilarious). But alot (but not all) of the anti-homophobia stuff just rang hollow to me and seemed totally counter-productive and offensive. And then there was just random gross out humour (and alot of it). For me, the movie was a total dissapointment, especially when i'd found Bruno so funny in some of his sketches (the wrestling team sketch being one example. "MORE ENERGY").

Steam ID : BigKev87
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dicks aren't gross

they're just kinda strange looking and poorly designed

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yeah women got lucky all the really horrifying stuff on them's on the inside

well, ideally anyway

xmassig2.gif
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I saw it, and I thought it was pretty funny. Honestly, some of the most fucked up things in the movie are said by parents of kids trying to get their infants hired in his photoshoot.
    Spoiler:

He was trying SO HARD to come up with something so awful those people wouldn't agree to let their children do it, and they just kept going.

The woman at the end did seem a little troubled when she learned how they were going to dress up her child, but she still agreed.

edited July 2009
    yeah women got lucky all the really horrifying stuff on them's on the inside

well, ideally anyway

until they start talking

HIYOOOOOOOO

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MY ASSHOLE IS FOR SHITTING

• Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User
    edited July 2009
    okay, I just saw this and

oh my god

that was way more dick than I was expecting

the movie was definitely well done, but

wow

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm amazed that people are shocked by dick shots.

They're becoming more and more frequent, it shouldn't be a thing anymore.

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    there's a difference between Dr. Manhattan and watching nothing but a penis swinging in circles on a TV screen.

I'm not shocked, I just wasn't really expecting it.

• KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Obviously none of you have seen meatspin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • DuskTwilightDuskTwilight Registered User
    edited July 2009
    This is without a doubt the best comedy of the year if not best movie of the year, at least up til now.

It was non-stop laughs from beginning to end. The social commentary was really well done too, and presented in an almost interactive format as you could tell how homophobic and uncomfortable with he human body people were when they walked out. I would go as far as to say only homophobes WOULDN'T like this movie.

A+ deserves all the praise it is getting.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie a crucified man can't be attached to anything elseRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    there's a difference between Dr. Manhattan and watching nothing but a penis swinging in circles on a TV screen.

I'm not shocked, I just wasn't really expecting it.

i saw watchmen and i did not see any dr manhattan dick

however this movie undoubtedly did contain dick
    it was also a funny movie

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    I find it really hilarious that penises are a really big deal.

band last.fm
    Spoiler:
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    The movie "tries" to show how stupid homophobia is, by showing how people's attitudes change towards a person once they realise he/she is gay. However, the chances of a homophobe watching this movie and actually picking up on that, are slim to none.
    I don't want to see it. It looks rubbish.

so you have no fucking clue what you're talking about since you haven't seen the movie at all

cool

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i didnt see this but i saw Hurt Locker which was super awesome fantastic amazing intense

| Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    The movie "tries" to show how stupid homophobia is, by showing how people's attitudes change towards a person once they realise he/she is gay. However, the chances of a homophobe watching this movie and actually picking up on that, are slim to none.

so you have no fucking clue what you're talking about since you haven't seen the movie at all

cool

I've read enough about it and I've seen enough trailers to decide that I don't want to see the movie?
    Is that OK?

You worm.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    2 minutes of this movie was meatspin. just sayin

33aqfwk.jpg
    edited July 2009
    2 minutes of this movie was meatspin. just sayin

that is awesome

sbc is the best professional troll next to dick cheney

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i really hope the meatspin thing is true... i once had a meatspin-off with a buddy... we had to call it a draw though.

Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    well, i mean it isn't exactly meat spin. its sbc's dick

33aqfwk.jpg
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hrmmmm.... even better?

• edited July 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    i really hope the meatspin thing is true... i once had a meatspin-off with a buddy... we had to call it a draw though.

tough to spin a boner, huh

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
    edited July 2009
    god damn it geebs..

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man this movie was really terrible

really

awful

worse than Borat even

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009

cool

I've read enough about it and I've seen enough trailers to decide that I don't want to see the movie?
    Is that OK?

You worm.

i like how you make a judgment on the message of a movie you know you've not seen
    like i don't care if you dont want to see it, but to just be like "THIS IS WHAT THIS MOVIE'S MESSAGE IS BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT THATS WHAT IT IS" is just fuckin' stupid

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yes commenting on something you haven't experienced is silly

take that shit to G&T

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

cool

Is that OK?

You worm.

i like how you make a judgment on the message of a movie you know you've not seen
    like i don't care if you dont want to see it, but to just be like "THIS IS WHAT THIS MOVIE'S MESSAGE IS BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT, BUT THATS WHAT IT IS" is just fuckin' stupid
    I'm fairly certain that the producers of Bruno issued a statement clearing up any possible misinterpretation, which would indicate that even they think the movie's message isn't entirely clear.

• Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

cool

Is that OK?

You worm.

So all the articles and releases I've read that have that same information about the supposed message of the film, I should just ignore.
    I've read what the film is about. I think it looks bad. I don't want to see it.

I didn't say it IS bad - I said it looks bad.

So you know, carry on. Go get annoyed about something worthwhile.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The German dub for this is TERRIBLE.

I need to get the English version.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

Ya, I'm not even gonna bother with the dub. Didn't do with Borat either.

Ali G dub burned me enough. Mola ... WTH.

kissing.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

dude what has happened to Brucie in your avatar

edited July 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Well,first he was a Space Marine and now he is a United States Marine.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I thought Borat was funnier overall, but holy shit the Straight Dave bit had me rolling

IsaacSig.png
    3DS: 3007 8087 2767 | Nintendo ID: AngryFrog
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

that's madness

edited July 2009

that's madness

before the Space Marine he was Baldur from "Too Human".

I always switch him to another game every few months and change the title/location too.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter Nattravnen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is without a doubt the best comedy of the year if not best movie of the year, at least up til now.

It was non-stop laughs from beginning to end. The social commentary was really well done too, and presented in an almost interactive format as you could tell how homophobic and uncomfortable with he human body people were when they walked out. I would go as far as to say only homophobes WOULDN'T like this movie.

A+ deserves all the praise it is getting.

please tell me you are getting paid to write this

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4