As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[L4D I & II] More details, link in OP. Also, behave.

• Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They should just allow you to play against bots versus style, id be up for that

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You can do that with console commands. We've tried it before. They're easier to kill than the worst pubbies you've ever seen.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited June 2009
    thats fine by me, im an awful special infected :O

People tell tales of my tanks

Zombie Monkey on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like being the sneaky tank that lobs chunks of concrete at people from a distance, when I get up close and personal I tend to catch on fire.

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    i spawn on fire and fall off buildings :(

Zombie Monkey on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That`s because your game skills are as bad as your opinions

Robman on
    edited June 2009
    And yet everyone wants to play with me!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Zombie Monkey on
  • thisismyusernamethisismyusername Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nobody on A PA L4D Group ever seems to actually be playing Left 4 Dead.

thisismyusername on
    PA2sig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    We sit and we mull things

And we do play quite a bit, someone suggests a game and people migrate etc. We are more of a pa chat these days though, tonight we are discussing how we can draw star wars ships in chat

this is a tie fighter |-o-| :O

Zombie Monkey on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We still do a lot of PA games, I've been playing every day for like the past 2 weeks or so, we just tend to avoid inviting from the steam group because....it's the steam group.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
    edited June 2009
    And what are you trying to say about the steam group? No finer person that the steam group people, best pa players and finest people you could hope to know :D, many of whom ive been playing with for 5months solid

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    hahaha

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited June 2009
    hahaha

Haha, wait a mo arent you that enders fella?

No worries mate chat has just told me were fine with your decision

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    hahaha

Haha, wait a mo arent you that enders fella?

No worries mate chat has just told me were fine with your decision

Ah yes the almighty 14 person Armadeaddon chat, truly the beacon of hope and intelligence in this desolate L4D landscape

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Saying a game is shit because of the people that play it is a fucking retarded thing to say.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited June 2009
    A lot of the TF2 people play L4D, and we only really laugh about one person in IRC, everyone else is pretty chill and the game's fun too.

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Have you been reading the thread at all? I mean shit, I'm talking about something no more than 2 pages back.

• Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Guys, I'm just going ask mods to lock the topic if this carries on, seriously.

ZM stop trolling; the rest of you stop feeding his trolls.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Have you been reading the thread at all? I mean shit, I'm talking about something no more than 2 pages back.
    Yea I just realized you were referring to ZM.

At first I thought you were talking about Enders, then I got confused.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    Nah, I ain't got no beefs with Enders.

edited June 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Guys, I'm just going ask mods to lock the topic if this carries on, seriously.

*sips tea* Hmm yes soon I will be a mod...soon...

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited June 2009
    Personally i think locking the topic and future topics for a good few months is a really positive idea, the thread had passive interest before the news of l4d2 came out and hence forth has been nothing but bickering and complaining from both sides, the one complaining endlessly about feeling betrayed and whatnot and the other refuting etc etc. Nothing positive has come out of this thread whatsoever

Zombie Monkey on
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »

And on that note, hope they release info on the new infected soon. Charger looks set to break up turtled players, but what other situations need a whole new infected?

subedii on
    edited June 2009
    Not situations per se, keeping in line with chaning the game mechanic so people cant stand still i think a few of these would be suitable

a) A creature which throws rocks from far away, perhaps out of shooting range
    b) A creature which sticks to people without doing damage, but when hit by common infected which stuck double damage is done (sticking also prevents use of melee or weapons)
    c) The Screamer, like the new car alarm system summons hordes until killed

Zombie Monkey on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Personally i think locking the topic and future topics for a good few months is a really positive idea, the thread had passive interest before the news of l4d2 came out and hence forth has been nothing but bickering and complaining from both sides, the one complaining endlessly about feeling betrayed and whatnot and the other refuting etc etc. Nothing positive has come out of this thread whatsoever

Some of us would rather not see the topic closed so stop being the duck Job described a while back in a TF2 thread you possibly missed during your seven three hour stints of the game.

Roland_tHTG on
    edited June 2009
    who is job? And my time with tf2 is perfectly enough to form a valid judgement on the game, also im willing to draw a line under this all now in the best interests of the community harmony, this has already gone too far as it is, something i really should have seen coming.

Ill keep my thoughts to myself since they seem to cause controversy and well go back to bickering about how good/bad valve is etc etc

Afterall if we can all agree to not argue about one thing we can at least agree to argue about something

Zombie Monkey on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Roland_tHTG on
    edited June 2009
    who is job? And my time with tf2 is perfectly enough to form a valid judgement on the game, also im willing to draw a line under this all now in the best interests of the community harmony, this has already gone too far as it is, something i really should have seen coming.

Ill keep my thoughts to myself since they seem to cause controversy and well go back to bickering about how good/bad valve is etc etc

Afterall if we can all agree to not argue about one thing we can at least agree to argue about something

You're the only person causing problems, persisting with throwaway bait lines like this that you know are off base and completely invalid

Get out

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited June 2009

You're the only person causing problems, persisting with throwaway bait lines like this that you know are off base and completely invalid

Get out

It is an obvious bait line. Which is why you just ignore him, it's not like anyone cares what he says.

subedii on
  • ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not situations per se, keeping in line with chaning the game mechanic so people cant stand still i think a few of these would be suitable

b) A creature which sticks to people without doing damage, but when hit by common infected which stuck double damage is done (sticking also prevents use of melee or weapons)

I still think ala Tf2 the players should have two configurations available for each special infected:

Examples.
    Boomers bile has the option of being replaced with flaming fluid.
    Hunter's bonus damage for distance pounces taken away and his slash buffed (twice damage?)
    Smoker lower recharge from broken tongue, faster recharge from misses.
    Tank with nerfed punched but can trow downed survivors like rocks (with high recharge)

There is my two cents... now stop calling ZM a moron and start belittling my opinion.

Reagan on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I took a break from this game to finally finish Planescape: Torment. But I'll be back, probably when the next patch hits.

As for new infected ideas, what about...

The Burner: Can breathe fire; creating a smaller burning radius like the molotov. The goal is to punish camping survivors by creating a mild damage-over-time element over them, as well as temporarily blocking off/delaying their routes. For example, setting the alleyway in NM1 on fire to stall them so your teammates can respond. Fairly long cooldown. Also lights area on fire upon death, so kind of acts like a boomer in that it's more of a suicide class.

Professor Phobos on
    edited June 2009
    Reagan wrote: »

I still think ala Tf2 the players should have two configurations available for each special infected:

Examples.
    Boomers bile has the option of being replaced with flaming fluid.
    Hunter's bonus damage for distance pounces taken away and his slash buffed (twice damage?)
    Smoker lower recharge from broken tongue, faster recharge from misses.
    Tank with nerfed punched but can trow downed survivors like rocks (with high recharge)

There is my two cents... now stop calling ZM a moron and start belittling my opinion.

Your economic policies were hideous.

subedii on
    edited June 2009

Get out
    And you call me a troll, grow up you little bitch (not my words to describe you i should say)

Zombie Monkey on
    edited June 2009
    And you call me a troll, grow up you little bitch (not my words to describe you i should say)
    I'm sure it was one of your steam group boytoys.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009

Get out

So much for that keeping your thoughts to yourself

You've elevated yourself to Armdeaddon's own inside joke, and as this thread proves by general consensus you're a horrid poster troll or not, get out

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited June 2009
    I think they should totally have the director be a playable class, or feature.

Once that's implemented, let's get deceased teammates to be the "director" against your still alive teammates :mrgreen:

Ooohhh this sounds like a lot of fun.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
    edited June 2009
    I think this has gotten out of hand somewhat so lets draw a line under it all

Zombie Monkey on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Right. Let's try this again.

And how about we try to keep the discussion away from L4D 2 until we actually have some new stuff to talk about?

Echo on
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm jumping into LFD here soon, if anyone wants to shoot some dead meats with me.:^:

Steam ID - SculptorScotty

Scotty on
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    I'm jumping into LFD here soon, if anyone wants to shoot some dead meats with me.:^:

Steam ID - SculptorScotty

Join the Armadeaddon chat, we usually get some versus pubstomps going, occasional campaign runs, etc.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream