As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick one: Formatting question

Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys, I want to a fully wipe a 750 gig drive except for a single folder which I can't move anywhere else.

How do I do this?

Bryse Eayo on

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Get partition magic (Or some other partition management software, I prefer Acronis) and have it resize your current partition, so you have 1 part big enough for your folder, and then you can wipe the other unused space.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Get partition magic (Or some other partition management software, I prefer Acronis) and have it resize your current partition, so you have 1 part big enough for your folder, and then you can wipe the other unused space.

Can the built in Vista partition software do this?

Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GParted is free. Burn the boot disc. Don't be intimidated by the scrolling text, as a GUI will appear and make everything ok.

TL DR on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Can the built in Vista partition software do this?

No, IIRC, it can't resize partitions, only delete and create them.

Satsumomo on