As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quick PSP question

tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought FFVII on the playstation network today.
I want to know if I put the game on my PSP, will I be able to swap save files between my PS3 and PSP?

I haven't started the game yet, because I'm dead set on finding the answer to this question first.
The official sony forums have been no help, every post in the PSP section is "ZOMG PSPGO RULZ!"

Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tony_important on

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    While I don't know the answer, wouldn't it be faster to start the game, progress to the first save point, and then save the game and test for yourself?

(then you could report your findings to the official sony forums)

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know you can take saves from PS3 to PSP since I did it myself. Not sure about the other way around, but I don't see why not.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Do you need a PSP specific memory card for the PSP, or will any memory card of that size work? I want to buy FFVII but my PSP's card is only 512 megs. Allegedly my gf has a 4gb card that she thinks is the same size left over from her camera. Thoughts?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Do you need a PSP specific memory card for the PSP, or will any memory card of that size work? I want to buy FFVII but my PSP's card is only 512 megs. Allegedly my gf has a 4gb card that she thinks is the same size left over from her camera. Thoughts?

If it's Memory Stick Pro Duo, it will work.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DHS Odium wrote: »

If it's Memory Stick Pro Duo, it will work.

PSP will need to format it, though. It just adds some folders, Game, Music, etc.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, you will have to put your PSP into USB mode and connect it to your PS3. I'm pretty sure you can just transfer files from your PSP to your PS3. But why not just use remote play? That way you'll have the game and save on your PS3 and still be able to play it on your PSP.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But why not just use remote play? That way you'll have the game and save on your PS3 and still be able to play it on your PSP.

That's probably the best way. It'll be slightly laggy, but that's not exactly in issue with a turn-based RPG.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!