As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

XBox 360 - Games On Demand (More Expensive than Retail?!)

13»

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    While playing Mass Effect after I installed it to my HDD I seem to spend just as much time in the elevator and loading in general as I did when I just played on the disc.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    With the way ME was made, load times just aren't really affected by the speed of the media it's loading from. There are other games that are like that too... Halo 3, I think?

Dehumanized on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    See that doesn't really make any sense. I can understand if installing it to the HDD doesn't decompress any of the files stored on the disc, but loading from a HDD should be faster than loading from a disc.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Mass Effect isn't sped up because the elevator rides are hardcoded.

Halo 3 actually loads slower but this is due to how Halo 3 works.

Most other games (especially ones that don't cache at all, like Rock Band) get sped up significantly.

And games like Fable 2 have no pop in nor do you have to wait for the menu icons to come up if it's installed.

FyreWulff on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Basically what we're saying is you don't know what you're talking about Taranis.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bumping (OP updated), as the first few titles are now available. I'm disappointed, they ought to be priced much cheaper. :/

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Needs a better pricing model and some titles that are tough to find on shelves, like EDF:2017. Right now, it seems that Microsoft regards the lengthy download and expensive storage of these titles as 'features' worth paying extra for, rather than limitations which should push down the asking price a bit. o_O

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht