As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Top Chef MASTERS - reality cooking whores assemble

12346»

• FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Who else wants to eat the mole sauce off of Ned Flanders? Congrats on his victory

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    I am watching the finale now.

Awesome, I love The Getty Villa.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yay Bayless!!!

Also, over on regular Top Chef I swear they try to up the ante every year in trying to find the most arrogant chef. Mike may be the quickest to take the title in one episode, but can he go the distance?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Are we going to use this thread to talk about regular Top Chef?

If so, I was impressed with the premiere. That was an amazingly bad idea for the red team to have that chick do the clams, but once they got to the actual cooking everyone looked pretty good. Last year there were a bunch of scrubs that looked terrible from the start but with a few exceptions everyone's stuff in this first episode looked pretty good.

Peen on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    fuck that ceveech bitch

i liked tattoo girl, i think top chef just hates mexicans

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So they put a set of brothers on this season's Top Chef? With one that's more conservative while the other is more adventurous? Man, they really aren't trying to hide their attempts to conjure up drama at all anymore, are they?

There also seems to be a surplus of tattoos this season, though half that surplus left with the first elimination.

Also, congrats to Bayless. I didn't see the Critic's Table segment or who won, but I saw the food and his looked ridiculously tasty.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • AWinnerIsYouAWinnerIsYou Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Luckily there was a marathon so I caught everything I missed. I never really liked Dale anyway, so fuck him.

The finale looked amazing. I would bathe in all that food too, Gail. nom nom. Super happy with the winner.

Top Chef Regular. Chick that lost did seem pretty bad. I mean, come on, anyone can stuff a damn pepper with vegan shit. I'm rooting for the guy that won, he seems pretty cool.

Also, with the gay guy, and I say this as a gay myself, but why would it be any harder to be a gay chef than a straight one? Does that shit really factor into the kitchen that much or am I just being really naive? At least, why is it any worse than just being gay and dealing with shit society in general?
    Fiz wrote: »
    The only person in that group who is memorable in a good way is Fabio, and he is only there because he WORKS for Top Chef now. You can't use the word favorite unless the next sound is HOOTIE
    YES

Speaking of being gay, there's new Project Runway (well, from last year but it's finally airing now) so there was kind of a PR festival tonight. They had as superstar showdown kind of thing, the new episode, and now a half hour model show where it seems they'll be handling the model eliminations now. Also new Rachel Zoe on Bravo, that bitch is a hot mess. Huzzah.

AWinnerIsYou on
    "It's like a pterodactyl from a gay Jurassic Park."
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rick's Life in Four Courses is available as a chef's degustation at Topolobampo, his fine dining place, until September 12th. If you are in the Chicago area you NEED to go there and experience this amazing thing.

The finale really was one of the most spectacular things I have seen on one of these shows. The absolute best challenge, no budgetary constraints, being able to shop at places BESIDES Whole Foods (but they did go in there due to contractual obligations), and the Sous Chefs from their restaurants? Perfect. The only thing that would have made it better is if Ilan and Hosea's flights were delayed so they just filmed it without them

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Starfuck wrote: »
    fuck that ceveech bitch

i think people are making too big a deal of this

she works in a seafood restaurant in philly, it is pretty reasonable that people would shorten the names of stuff colloquially. she's also clearly one of the two or three most talented people on the show.

satansfingers on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey. Hey. I'm from Philly, and I know how to say ceviche. It's most certainly not a colloquialism from here.

Calling it water ice instead of Italian ice (GODDAMMIT), that's a colloquialism.

Peen on