As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UK Dating advice (yes another girl type thread)

LetarianLetarian Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi H&A

As the title suggest I'm after advice on dating girls in the UK.

Backround:
I'm 29, and I've not really dated ever, Ive had girlfriends in the past (although it has been a while now), but I've never really been on a date.
About a year ago I moved to the UK from New Zealand, and although I've made friends, there doesn't seem to be any single girls amongst the people I regularly associate with.
I joined match.com a couple of months ago, and have finally got a date set up - this Thursday as it happens. We are going to quite a cool pub in the evening for coffee/beer and maybe dessert.

So, what advice can you give me for a first date, and for dating UK girls in general?

Thanks in advance H&A :-)

Letarian on

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Generally the same type of things as in any dating situation is applicable to us lasses in the UK.

Silly little things will impress, such as if you're already sat at the table when she comes in standing up, given it's a first date you should probably at least make an attempt to pay for things (though don't insist if she makes a real effort to pay), otherwise just try to relax and be yourself and don't pin your hopes on this necessarily being "the one".

BobCesca on