As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Desktop Notepad apps, I need one! (Quickie)

ShadeShade Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
And google just keeps sending me to really shady warz sites.

I'm looking for an app that puts a text field on my desktop preferably partially transparent that I can just put little notes to my self on! Doesn't have to be free just good!

Shade on

• Options
    The_MasterplanThe_Masterplan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know it's very likely not what you're looking for, but for the record, Microsoft OneNote is a nice program.

Now of course there are all the usual caveats. It's Microsoft, you have to be running windows, it costs money usually. Any of those things are enough for me to generally dismiss it; but when I had a windows setup for awhile and needed to take notes I found it a well done and polished app.

The_Masterplan on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I know it's very likely not what you're looking for, but for the record, Microsoft OneNote is a nice program.

Now of course there are all the usual caveats. It's Microsoft, you have to be running windows, it costs money usually. Any of those things are enough for me to generally dismiss it; but when I had a windows setup for awhile and needed to take notes I found it a well done and polished app.

One note just isn't my thing....

Shade on
  • Options
    clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm quite fond of TextPad. You just have to deal with a popup reminder to donate/register it or continue your trial every now and then.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Google Desktop has an app that's very similar to what you're looking for

wmelon on
  • Options
    Bob SappBob Sapp Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I use Rainlendar's To-Do list, but it is also a calendar app so might be more than what you want. It's free.

Bob Sapp on
    fizzatar.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bob Sapp wrote: »
    I use Rainlendar's To-Do list, but it is also a calendar app so might be more than what you want. It's free.

I have it, thats what got to thinking I want something more in depth.

Shade on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://code.google.com/p/stickies-windows/

I know nothing about this, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    blagh, google desktop decided to conflict with steam and my media player, and kept crashing all three and windows...

Shade on