As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] These Rolling Green Hills - Game over - Simulation terminated - Zot Wins

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Rainfall - The Prisim
    Started off with the power of violet, one shot avoid a seer
    Told she had to get the powers of Orange/Green/Red/Blue
    If she had asked me what the hell she would have got Orange, the power of Clarfication
    If she had come second in the red vote, she would have got Red, the power of vigging
    If she had got a solid number of retractions on her (exact number depends on current size of player base) She would have gotten green, the power of guarding
    If any of the eight had targeted her with their original powers, she would have got Blue, the power of draining

and if she had gotten all 5, she would have unlocked the Spectrum Cannon, which would have melted three people in the thread.

You are fucking SHITTING ME.

Also you have to post the Horse PM that you never wrote.
    Psst.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=7389678#post7389678

Do you... do you just have all the old phallas archived in your mind or something? :P Hm. I guess Gumpy liked the colourus role!

Burnage on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Who was The Beast?

The Beast was Dunedan, the Lion

Why did his kill log as something different?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rainfall - The Prisim
    If she had asked me what the hell she would have got Orange, the power of Clarfication
    If she had come second in the red vote, she would have got Red, the power of vigging
    If she had got a solid number of retractions on her (exact number depends on current size of player base) She would have gotten green, the power of guarding
    If any of the eight had targeted her with their original powers, she would have got Blue, the power of draining

and if she had gotten all 5, she would have unlocked the Spectrum Cannon, which would have melted three people in the thread.

Psst.

No no I meant the fact that Rainfall was expected to have done all of those things. Someone else ordered the walking reference book.

Edit: Also as it occurred to me halfway through the game, it'd have been awesome if someone had given the horse an item. or atleast have let the confirmed villager be part of a network if only to read what was going on.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Dunno what the big deal is, really. I didn't want to make the game drag on any longer than it had to, and the only person that was hurt by me ignoring the 'corrupted' addition to my role was me, so...

Also, if PowerPuppies posts exactly what he was told in PM, his actions become a little more understandable. He was told that if all the other Grey Men were gone, he would maybe revert to what he used to be before then. By the host.

But like you all said, Gumpy is a dick.

it would not have dragged the game out at all which is what you don't seem to understand.

Considering that right now, if I'd used the Corruption power, there'd be three Redeemed and three Corrupted, it would either be: the game continues until one outnumber the other, or all Redeemed/Corrupted lose. Either way, I still 'lose', so I didn't gain anything from using it or not using it.

What, exactly, am I not understanding?

You couldn't have known that you would lose in advance so that argument doesn't work. Not trying to win in a game is stupid as fuck.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Rainfall - The Prisim

Psst.

Do you... do you just have all the old phallas archived in your mind or something? :P Hm. I guess Gumpy liked the colourus role!

Colourus survived the war and found the ideal servants in the form of a badly bruised Spectrum 5

Gumpy on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyway just so people know I am fully intending to steal all of Gumpy's ideas/flavour for future projects, expect many PMs dude

Gumpyverse and Edcrabverse crossover

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunno what the big deal is, really. I didn't want to make the game drag on any longer than it had to, and the only person that was hurt by me ignoring the 'corrupted' addition to my role was me, so...

Also, if PowerPuppies posts exactly what he was told in PM, his actions become a little more understandable. He was told that if all the other Grey Men were gone, he would maybe revert to what he used to be before then. By the host.

it would not have dragged the game out at all which is what you don't seem to understand.

Considering that right now, if I'd used the Corruption power, there'd be three Redeemed and three Corrupted, it would either be: the game continues until one outnumber the other, or all Redeemed/Corrupted lose. Either way, I still 'lose', so I didn't gain anything from using it or not using it.

so you would have targetted 3 people who werent corrupted who survived? never targetted anyone who actually died?

oh I guess you didn't understand that only alive corruption/redemption people would be counted.

silly you....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

so you would have targetted 3 people who werent corrupted who survived? never targetted anyone who actually died?

oh I guess you didn't understand that only alive corruption/redemption people would be counted.

silly you....

yeah I don't really know what's hard to understand about this.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I successfully guarded the lover day 1, got networked with Kay via that, and Ultros64 seered me and saw me guarding. I was gonna build upon that but then I got killed! Woooo.
    Gumpy wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I will guard Kay tonight.

You guard Kay, and then return home. As you walk, a homeless man walks up to you and says
    "Christopher Sholes row by row

SQLZ GY ZIT LTCTF KQNL, ZIT XFVOSSOFU WTZKQNTK

YGSSGV ZIT VIOZT KQWWOZ

LTTA GXZ ZIT HSQET VITKT VT SQLZ DTZ"

Wooo cryptoquotes! I translated that but couldn't make sense of it at first.

Last of the seven rays, the unwilling betrayer
    Follow the white rabbit
    Seek out the place where we last met

Too late, I realized what it meant.

Last of the seven rays, ROYGBIV, violet? Unwilling betrayer?

OOOO SHIT, SPECTRUM VIOLET (ZOT) KILLED SPECTRUM YELLOW (ME) IN DISGAEA. D:

So there was this post waiting on our old proboards.

http://spectrumfive.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=14

Sorry that I didn't figure it out until after my death, Zot. :(

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm seriously tired of this trend, thats two games in the past two weeks where someone has not played to win.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    it might have been better if you had never guarded Kay....

then I might have actually gotten to kill someone.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You couldn't have known that you would lose in advance so that argument doesn't work. Not trying to win in a game is stupid as fuck.

I can't really speak for any of the other converted, but I wasn't certain whether my new win condition was an AND or OR conditional. I know I wasn't trying too hard to fulfill the Redeemed win condition.

Also, wow, that Zot-Infidel crypto-communication is some epic shit right there.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey, at least I got to be in the narrations! :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    A SNEAK PREVIEW OF WHAT COULD HAPPEN FOR MY MAIN GAME, it could potentially be ANY of these ideas or something else.
    Interesting 1, and a whole load of angry people free from the System, reunite with the Rebel Coalition and rage war against Emperor Romantic Undead and the Beastmen
    Perkins and his Lord arrive back home to report about the Dragon, and the world it came from, and start a chain reaction that would cause FUSOG to enter inter dimensional war against the Beastman Empire and the reforming Interesting 8
    Welcome aboard our fantastical castle, I hope you enjoy your stay
    Welcome Player, the newest update has finished downloading and Gravel Pit awaits. We at valve are totally sure that nothing will go terribly wrong this time.
    Step2.jpg

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Aaaargh my mind is blown

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I can't really speak for any of the other converted, but I wasn't certain whether my new win condition was an AND or OR conditional. I know I wasn't trying too hard to fulfill the Redeemed win condition.

It was made pretty frank when Gumpy said main condition don't change so you couldn't win through just that. It was a definite "and".

Edit - Also theres a big difference between not trying too hard to achieve your secondary win condition versus not sending orders at all and ignoring your secondary win condition.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Faction 2: Servants of the Old Gods
    Faction 6: The AntiVirals/Wardens/Grey Men
    Masoned Mafia with a kill, the ability to post a narration slice, A thrall and a miller. Their main strength was (What I assumed) would be control of the yellow vote early game, but they never really acted on their vast networked numbers.
    The problem with controlling a public yellow vote is that it is very, very hard to come up with a way to make a vote that is completely useless to the village, but does not reveal them as the bad guys, and to have everyone voting on it establishes a very dangerous block once someone starts to put stuff in a spreadsheet. Plus, you said we couldn't use it as a red vote in OP. Clearly you lied...

Also, clearly, they were functionally retarded.... so that didn't help in their favor.
    Except Julius Ceazure. He's a cool frood. I'd lend him my towel.

And totally off topic, CorpseRT should post how he targeted all the Of the 8 guys. It will make them sad.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Voting #2 for obvious reasons!

Oh wait... was I Interesting 1 in the Interesting Eight game? I can't remember...

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Voting #2 for obvious reasons!

Oh wait... was I Interesting 1 in the Interesting Eight game? I can't remember...

We will get the flying device and turrets done in time, I swear it

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If the wardens had all died, but the keepers had survived, then the village would still have won (In a way), the eight would have lost (along with everyone else who wanted the Dragon)
    Dur... WAT!
    Damnit.
    Would the keepers have won, or lost, or drawn?

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited June 2009

It was made pretty frank when Gumpy said main condition don't change so you couldn't win through just that. It was a definite "and".

... that doesn't make it clear at all.

"Eliminate the grey men" or "Outnumber the corrupted/redeemed", vs "Eliminate the grey men" and "Outnumber the corrupted/redeemed". In neither of those cases has the base win condition ("Eliminate the grey men") changed.

I mean, I could have asked. But man. Effort. Also, my death enabled the appearance of the almight Redeemer Horse. :^:

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    If the wardens had all died, but the keepers had survived, then the village would still have won (In a way), the eight would have lost (along with everyone else who wanted the Dragon)
    Dur... WAT!
    Damnit.

Survival would have made it a keeper win

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

This was not here before

Also have I mentioned that I am gay for Gumpy

Because, for Gumpy, I am gay

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Considering that the two people I would have Corrupted, if I used the power, were Powerpuppies and DundedainJedi, then yeah, there'd be three of each.

Besides, my primary win condition was to eliminate the Grey Men and claim the Dragon, the corrupted/redeemed thing was an addon and, to be frank, an unnecessary complication on top of an already overcomplicated mini.

Then again, I have no idea what the Interesting War that some of you are talking about was, so...

In the last few days, my aim was to break the game wide open along with people on all sides, mainly because of the chaos seeded in just about every faction. Earlier on, I was content to pull enough strings to get Dunadan killed because a) he tried to kill me day one (and, I'm sure, will always try this if he has a vig power :P ), and b) it wasn't clear at that point in time whether he was good or neutral or whatever.

All I'm getting here is two people that are sore 'cause I was responsible for them dying. S'cute.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Also, wow, that Zot-Infidel crypto-communication is some epic shit right there.

When I became redeemer I went out of my way to convert people I thought would survive.

DA hadn't got offed in the first two days so he was a good bet, and Eipnoom seemed like someone no one would bother targeting on the last day.

Edit:
    All I'm getting here is two people that are sore 'cause I was responsible for them dying. S'cute.

No I'm pretty sure not playing to win is always a bad idea.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    When I became redeemer I went out of my way to convert people I thought would survive.

I also used this logic. For who would wish to kill the horse? Although, wait, you converted DA too?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Considering that the two people I would have Corrupted, if I used the power, were Powerpuppies and DundedainJedi, then yeah, there'd be three of each.

Besides, my primary win condition was to eliminate the Grey Men and claim the Dragon, the corrupted/redeemed thing was an addon and, to be frank, an unnecessary complication on top of an already overcomplicated mini.

Then again, I have no idea what the Interesting War that some of you are talking about was, so...

In the last few days, my aim was to break the game wide open along with people on all sides, mainly because of the chaos seeded in just about every faction. Earlier on, I was content to pull enough strings to get Dunadan killed because a) he tried to kill me day one (and, I'm sure, will always try this if he has a vig power :P ), and b) it wasn't clear at that point in time whether he was good or neutral or whatever.

I don't even care that you killed me the fact that you IGNORED A FUCKING WIN CONDITION is what angers me. Its not that you didn't even try that hard, its that you didn't even try and just ignored a part of the game. Turning it into a whole "oh they are mad because I killed them" argument is stupid too.

If you were a redeemed who hadn't killed me and ignored your win condition I would still be just as mad.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    by the way, I trusted Dunedainjedi because I didn't think he could kill me and nobody would claim to be the beast to try to avoid the vote unless it was actually true.

I was hoping to use him as a 3rd vig even though I was pretty sure he was an SK (you don't give a neutral that needs to survive a kill)

but NOOOOO

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So now I need to cowrite ACTION Phalla, and also continue working on my Mecha based D20 Tabletop war game (Test games against myself have been lonely and successful)

Hooray for me

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

the fact that noone here is agreeing with you should be a clue.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Yeah, listen, you didn't kill me, but I think it's pretty obnoxious to not even TRY to puruse your win condition. It would be one thing if you had not pulled out all the stops, but you had the ability to pursue your win con and then you just decided to not use that ability. The mind boggles.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dur... WAT!
    Damnit.

Aww man. You said we couldn't win with the village in that narration thing. I'm sad now.
    I would have actually been a terrible person and gotten the wardens killed on purpose if I'd known that.
    (well... excepting that obviously they were already well underway to that goal...)

Jobastion on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't even care that you killed me the fact that you IGNORED A FUCKING WIN CONDITION is what angers me. Its not that you didn't even try that hard, its that you didn't even try and just ignored a part of the game. Turning it into a whole "oh they are mad because I killed them" argument is stupid too.

If you were a redeemed who hadn't killed me and ignored your win condition I would still be just as mad.

I get it, you're mad. The only person that lost out in this situation is me, though.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I get it, you're mad. The only person that lost out in this situation is me, though.

And anyone you would have converted. It was included in the game for a reason.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dur... WAT!
    Damnit.

Aww man. You said we couldn't win with the village in that narration thing. I'm sad now.
    I would have actually been a terrible person and gotten the wardens killed on purpose if I'd known that.
    (well... excepting that obviously they were already well underway to that goal...)

If you had survived then the village would have returned to delicious tranquillity

Does that count as a victory?

Who knows

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

You should seriously always play for your own win goals in the future though.

Because when people don't, the game goes sideways and it can spoil the game or fun of others/everyone.

Just do it cause it's the right thing to do! :^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

And anyone you would have converted. It was included in the game for a reason.

Yeah, that's like saying, if the mafia in a normal game decided just not to use their kills, the only person that loses out is them. Well, that doesn't make a difference -- it still lessens the enjoyment of the game as a whole.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The other ridiculous thing in this game -- and not in a good way.

We need to talk about Erich Zahn.

Big ol' crackhead, or biggest crackhead?

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The other ridiculous thing in this game -- and not in a good way.

We need to talk about Erich Zahn.

Big ol' crackhead, or biggest crackhead?

If he ever becomes some kind of village figurehead again we should immediately vote him out.

Burnage on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I enjoyed Erich Zahn's death narration.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1