Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[CoX] In Bizarro World, Defenders Get Buffs

• TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited June 2009
    Part of me really wants to level Professor Brain In A Jar just for extra costumes

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY EVERY DAYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Narbus wrote: »
    For tube, here. Screenshots of all the dialogue in the new villain sf. Which, for the record, is pretty goddamn lame.

Actual spoilers ahead.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    Spoiler:

• LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Finished most of i15 in one night, the SF was pretty much a bust after the first two missions. My account will be inactive after the 14th, so I'll probably take a break till' Going Rogue comes out.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • hippofanthippofant Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spoiler:

Sounds like why I quit World of Warcraft.

Actually, there it was more about having to move 25 people in perfect synchronization or wipe, but still....

• GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That's too bad about the SF being a turd.

"Adios, mofo" -- TX Gov Rick Perry (R)
  • IAmTheRadIAmTheRad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Us heroic heroes did the TF in about 90 minutes. What was this about groups taking 90 minutes to fight Reichsman?
    Spoiler:

edited June 2009
    Where did anyone say they fought him in boomtown

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spoiler:

edited June 2009
    can we seriously make them hire PL already, i'd like someone working there that knows their head from their ass

xcomsig.png
    edited June 2009
    Oh, also just in case AE farms aren't quite fast enough for you,
    Save The Date - Next Double XP Weekend July 31st- August 2nd!

We know you've been waiting to hear so that you can meticulously craft your plan of attack! So go ahead - take off work, ignore all of your other responsibilities and stock up on easily grab-able snacks and beverages - we won't tell anyone! Just make sure to save the date because the next City of Heroes® Double XP weekend will begin Friday, July 31st 2009, at 8:59am PST (11:59am EST) and concludes Sunday, August 2nd 2009, 8:59pm PST (11:59pm EST). Don't miss out!

• RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
    edited June 2009
    Ok, perfect world, here's how I would have done it:
    Spoiler:

edited June 2009
    Ooh double XP weekend. I could level professor brain in a jar

edited June 2009
    what is professor brain in a jar besides a fantastic name?

edited June 2009
    He's a mind/psi dom. He's also a professor who is trying to find the ideal body for his massive brain after a terrible lab accident. His next one is going to be a bear.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'll be running the SF in 30 mins.

If anyone cares.

• TremblayTremblay Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I want to reactivate my account just because...

Send me a referral code thingy! Thanks!

• jonxpjonxp [E] Alumnus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He's a mind/psi dom. He's also a professor who is trying to find the ideal body for his massive brain after a terrible lab accident. His next one is going to be a bear.

I got it.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited July 2009
    Tremblay wrote: »
    I want to reactivate my account just because...

Send me a referral code thingy! Thanks!

PM me your email address.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So since I probably wont play this for awhile...

Gotta say I like Narbus' version better than what I read of the "real" version.

Maybe I shouldn't have resubbed yet.

newSig.jpg
  • Gear GirlGear Girl Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Doing the new hero tf in a little bit here if anyone wants to come.

steam_sig.png
  • GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So yeah it looks like I'll be around again in August when I start my new job in Bethesda.

Anyone recommend a good place to live?

steam_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    Portland is really great.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    While it's only 35 minutes from where I lived (and hey, my parents have a spare room they can rent out now) I'd recommend not living on the VA side. You don't want to deal with 495 traffic every day.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh i15 is live now huh

maybe I should play this again

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited July 2009
    portland is pretty sweet, yeah

xcomsig.png
    edited July 2009
    It's pretty fantastic wait do you live here?

• RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ghostalker wrote: »
    So yeah it looks like I'll be around again in August when I start my new job in Bethesda.

I would say anywhere close to a metro station but considering Bethesda is on the Red line where they just had that big ass accident I don't know.

There are some cheap places to live in VA near metro stations, but living in this area changes your definition of "cheap." You have a price range and any other requirements, like must be withing walking distance of a bar?

Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
    edited July 2009

are you going to be replacing the less than capable talking raven they have doing their animations at the moment?

edited July 2009
    It's pretty fantastic wait do you live here?

naw i live in sacramento but i've been to portland a bunch

xcomsig.png
  • GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    While it's only 35 minutes from where I lived (and hey, my parents have a spare room they can rent out now) I'd recommend not living on the VA side. You don't want to deal with 495 traffic every day.

Yeah I was mostly looking to find a place in Maryland since the 2 hours I was there for my interview it looked pretty alright. And no offense Scoot but your mom and I don't need more time together.
    Robziel wrote:
    I would say anywhere close to a metro station but considering Bethesda is on the Red line where they just had that big ass accident I don't know.

There are some cheap places to live in VA near metro stations, but living in this area changes your definition of "cheap." You have a price range and any other requirements, like must be withing walking distance of a bar?

I'm looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment that's under 1000 a month if possible. And something close to the metro would be real sweet since my new job has it's own Red Line stop.
    are you going to be replacing the less than capable talking raven they have doing their animations at the moment?

No, no not Bethesda the studio. Bethesda the city in Maryland. I've got a job working for the NIH.

steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    well, still replace the raven

also, portland is pretty sweet

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • CorvusCorvus Caw? VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

No, no not Bethesda the studio. Bethesda the city in Maryland. I've got a job working for the NIH.

Sounds like a step up from the candy factory!

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Back in game for the first time in 11 months.

Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I finally got a chance to do the new SF, man was that underwhelming. All it did was confirm that this is the worst update; probably ever.

qFN53.png
    edited July 2009
    the new SF is great until it's terrible!

xcomsig.png
  • SwaggerSwagger Registered User
    edited July 2009
    What is it about the new SF thats actually terrible? Just the story or the mechanics/missions of it as well?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Pocket D is strange. It is about 50% laughing at horrible role players and 50% trying not to hurl due to other bad role players.

Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
    edited July 2009
    Swagger wrote: »
    What is it about the new SF thats actually terrible? Just the story or the mechanics/missions of it as well?

It's been gone over a lot on previous pages. The story isn't terrible so much as meh, and the mechanics are fine until the last mission which is balls out the least fun I have ever had playing the game.

This discussion has been closed.