Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Can anyone identify this dinosaur?

edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So the other day I went to the Museum of Natural History and in the fossil hall I saw this beauty hanging from the ceiling:

411566517_e58a8dd968.jpg

Unfortunately though, I forgot to write down the specific name of this specimen and now that I am going through the photographs I made that day and storing them with species labels etc., this is the only one that I can't seem to find the name of by Googling or on the AMNH website (they only have a few of their fossils listed, not all). So I was hoping a dinosaur expert or AMNH connoisseur here can tell me the exact species name. I know it must be some kind of pliosaur, but which exactly?

Opium on