As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Comics] Funny Books On Your Phones and Tablets! Check OP For Retailers

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm annoyed that this sale doesn't seem to include Chris Hastings' Deadpool mini

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Deadpool sale. I haven't read anything with Deadpool in it since the early 90's. Anything from this sale considered a must?

the entire run of cable and deadpool

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think it'd be an interesting experiment / business test if Marvel or DC discounted their digital titles like 0.25 or 0.50 for same day release. Especially the 0.25, not a huge amount or anything, but it'd be interesting to see the increase in sales / retailer cry out over a smaller discount like that.

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I think it'd be an interesting experiment / business test if Marvel or DC discounted their digital titles like 0.25 or 0.50 for same day release. Especially the 0.25, not a huge amount or anything, but it'd be interesting to see the increase in sales / retailer cry out over a smaller discount like that.

I'd buy way more same day digital books if this were the case. Right now, if I'm paying the same price, I don't see any reason to buy digital. My other issue is with sharing the books. I put all my floppy issues in care packages and send them to Marines in my old unit, and I can't do that with digital books.

• Options
    This week's Marvel Mondays deals on Comixology include Neil Gaiman's Eternals miniseries, Neil Gaiman's Marvel 1602, Mark Millar's 1985, and Kurt Busiek's Marvels: Eye of the Camera. Good stuff!

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Comixolgy is selling 111 Grant Morrison comics for $0.99 each until Friday.

All-Star Superman, Batman RIP, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc., We3, Joe the Barbarian, Invisibles, Flash, JLA, Animal Man, Vimanarama, Doom Patrol, Seaguy, and Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

Let alone a possible revolt by the direct market, I don't believe they're allowed to do that due to a clause from Apple while in-app purchases are available. Dark Horse was going to do the same and got shut down for it.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Comixolgy is selling 111 Grant Morrison comics for $0.99 each until Friday.

All-Star Superman, Batman RIP, Batman and Robin, Batman Inc., We3, Joe the Barbarian, Invisibles, Flash, JLA, Animal Man, Vimanarama, Doom Patrol, Seaguy, and Seaguy: The Slaves of Mickey Eye.

Oh no...so much Bat and JLA that I've never read.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can finally buy/read We3!

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Yeah I once thought We3 was the worst idea ever. How wrong I was.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    100 Bullets is also up for 99 cent an issue.

And just picked up WE3. As a dog owner, I have tissues nearby.

• Options
    I hate dogs and I still cried at the two pages of We3 I saw once.

That said, I still have 19 paper comics to go, should I really add We3 and Bats Inc. to that?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    See I never found We3 that depressing and I love dogs. Still a fantastic book though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Only 19?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Options
    Only 19?

Only 19 left. But I am going to reread all of Fatale.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Welp... Just bought all of We3 and Batman Inc. Never read either so this should be interesting.

• Options
    So I may have gone a little nuts yesterday and today. Picked up Marvel 1602 yesterday, and JLA 1-9 and all of the Batman stuff in the Morrison sale today. 1602 has been a wonderful read so far (up to issue 4).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bumpusthbumpusth Registered User new member
    Wow. That Grant Morrison sale is awesome. I think I'll take the chance to catch up on Batman Inc. How was JLA?

• Options
    bumpusth wrote: »
    Wow. That Grant Morrison sale is awesome. I think I'll take the chance to catch up on Batman Inc. How was JLA?

I've not read any of it yet, but people seem to absolutely love it. Many also seem to consider it the definitive JLA run.

Because I hadn't spent enough money these past two days on the MM/Morrison sales, when I opened the app this morning to check out today's new lineup I was greeted with a big yellow box with the word "Watchmen" printed on it. Son of a...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Was thinking of getting some Joe the Barbarian and Invisibles but I went and threw 36 bucks at the Deadpool sale on Friday.

Not dissapointed though, the Hawkeye (Bullseye) and pirate arcs were pretty damn great so far. Stupid silly fun, that's refreshing for a change.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles are on comixology now. Also their own ap

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Errr...where? Searching for TMNT and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gives me nothing.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Errr...where? Searching for TMNT and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gives me nothing.

http://www.comixology.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/comics-series/6433 First issue's free, rest are $2 each and all except 4-7 are in HD. I highly, highly recommend everyone that's a fan of TMNT look into the series. It's been an excellent read since the first issue. Now's a good time to dive in, too. Issue 10 was the warm-up to, if things play out the way I expect, a great throwdown next issue.

Here are the companion micro's. Donatello's is free. For people new to the series, I suggest reading everything in the following order.

Issues 1-5
    Micro 1-3 (Raph, Mike, Don; can be read in any order)
    Issues 6-8
    Micro 4 (Leo)
    Issue 9-10

Also available is a 2 issue mini series called Infestation 2, which I've not read yet. It's apparently either part of an IDW-wide crossover or something standalone, not sure which.

A bunch of older TMNT stuff was added as well with a lot it in HD, including the original series in black and white or in the new colored version (currently only at issue 1).

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    So, I don't know what's going on, but that link only brings me to the main "browse series" page. Are some books only available in the US or something?

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I search for Ninja Turtles and it comes up fine.

I kind of want to buy the single issues on Comixology just because I want my screen to fill up with all the issues, not the trades.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Holy Shit, Marvel's Friday sale looks like it's going to include 1-18 of uncanny x-force

• Options
    Holy Shit, Marvel's Friday sale looks like it's going to include 1-18 of uncanny x-force

Great choice for sure, but I want an Infinity Gauntlet sale so much.

Looks like some Uncanny is included as well, Nation X to Five Lights.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fuck yes I haven't read the Dark Angel saga from UXF yet so this sale is perfect for me.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Bullio wrote: »

Great choice for sure, but I want an Infinity Gauntlet sale so much.

Looks like some Uncanny is included as well, Nation X to Five Lights.

I'm tempted to pick up the not-Land penciled Uncanny issues. Anyone know if it's worth it or should I just start with the current AvX Uncanny (or wait till after the event ends)?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Are all of 18 issues of Uncanny worth reading?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Are all of 18 issues of Uncanny worth reading?

Yes, even at full price. This is an amazing deal.

• Options
    I've heard mixed reviews on the UXF run after the Dark Angel stuff though.

• Options
    Uncanny X-Force is so great.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Heh, bought the first issue, and reading the "recap" of X-force at the end...sure is something. Their past events sound a little crazy and random, but maybe that's just the presentation of it.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »
    Heh, bought the first issue, and reading the "recap" of X-force at the end...sure is something. Their past events sound a little crazy and random, but maybe that's just the presentation of it.

The previous series recapped in those pages was kinda, what's the word I'm looking for?

Oh yeah, terrible.

• Options
    Digital Tip: If you have an iOS device, take advantage of when iTunes gift cards go on sale and you can use those to buy comics.

• Options
    Digital Tip: If you have an iOS device, take advantage of when iTunes gift cards go on sale and you can use those to buy comics.

Just so people know, if you pay tax on appstore purchases you'll end up paying tax on the comics. However, purchases from the ComiXology website are tax free.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    So Comixology is having a sale on The Authority vol. 1 and 2. Are both of these worth reading? Just vol. 1? I do like me some Ellis.

• Options
    Oh, the Marvel Comics they put for free every week are available on the web now at http://comicstore.marvel.com/free-comics