As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of the Old Republic - contains a metric ton of unmarked spoilers

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2009
    I wanted to make Mira a dark jedi on my last run through. It's a huge pain in the arse because you have to stay as close to neutral as possible before narr shadaa

Tube on
  • QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dark Mira is pretty cool. I like her make-up.

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dark mira is fun, although getting her is a pain since so much of the available +darkside is on nar shaddaa

Can you do light side hanharr, and dodes he change at all? I've never gotten around to trying that.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited October 2009
    You can get lightside hanharr, you'd just have to be darkside up to the point where you get him and then convert. I doubt he changes, you'd be unlikely to get any influence with him as lightside. The character personalities also don't change depending on their alignment, aside from their conversion conversations.

Tube on
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can you actually make Hanharr a jedi? I think having a wookie cast lightning on people would be pretty sweet...

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hamju wrote: »
    Can you actually make Hanharr a jedi? I think having a wookie cast lightning on people would be pretty sweet...

Nope, he was originally planned to be but George Lucas declared no more Wookie Jedi ever.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • KanamitKanamit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Nope, he was originally planned to be but George Lucas declared no more Wookie Jedi ever.
    That bastard! Hanharr was awesome; I can only imagine how awesome Jedi Hanharr would be.

Kanamit on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kanamit wrote: »

That bastard! Hanharr was awesome; I can only imagine how awesome Jedi Hanharr would be.

I think he just hates any character he can't write sparkling dialogue for.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You know, of all the stupid decisions Lucas has made, the "No Wookie Jedi Rule" doesn't even register on the Lucas Stupidity Scale. It's a logarithmic scale too, by the way.

Terrendos on
    edited October 2009
    Kanamit wrote: »

I think he just hates any character he can't write sparkling dialogue for.

...Sooo he hates the concept of characters entirely?

Fiaryn on
  • LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    wookiee jedi you say?

500px-Tyvokka.jpg

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The wooden lightsaber is pretty cool

Robman on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robman wrote: »
    The wooden lightsaber is pretty cool

Didn't some character make a lightsaber from a rancor tooth or something?

Henroid on
  • Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can get lightside hanharr, you'd just have to be darkside up to the point where you get him and then convert. I doubt he changes, you'd be unlikely to get any influence with him as lightside. The character personalities also don't change depending on their alignment, aside from their conversion conversations.

My influence spreadsheet has every light side influence with Hanharr being a decrease, and every dark side influence being an increase. So yeah, not intended to be lightside. I actually never picked Hanharr up, Zaalbar from KOTOR 1 was so bland and dull that I almost never used him in my party.

There's only one neutral influence moment with him where you can either decrease or increase, that's where you're talking about how Mira got killed.

Delicious Steve on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I exploited the hell out of that infinite light side points glitch. I'm pretty sure there's something like that for dark side points as well.

Robos A Go Go on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I exploited the hell out of that infinite light side points glitch. I'm pretty sure there's something like that for dark side points as well.
    There is. One with Hanharr and one in the ithorian compound on Telos. Tell the second in command hammer head to go screw himself when the head one's been captured, exit conversation, repeat. It doesn't always work, though. No idea what causes it to go one way or the other.

The best part about Hanharr is earning infinite dark side points, Hanharr influence and pumping his strength score into the atmosphere. And if you do it enough his intelligence cycles back around and he becomes a genius.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    There is. One with Hanharr and one in the ithorian compound on Telos. Tell the second in command hammer head to go screw himself when the head one's been captured, exit conversation, repeat. It doesn't always work, though. No idea what causes it to go one way or the other.

The best part about Hanharr is earning infinite dark side points, Hanharr influence and pumping his strength score into the atmosphere. And if you do it enough his intelligence cycles back around and he becomes a genius.

Wait, what? How does that work?

Hamju on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

You've got to go all the way through the Hanharr dark side conversation path. At the end of it, there's a sequence where you can convince Hanharr that he's just a dumb animal and he shouldn't fight it anymore. You then get a message telling you that his Str has gone up, his Int has gone down and you've gained Dark Side Points. If you do it right (and I can't remember the details off hand) you can repeat the process, having the same effect each time. Eventually, Hanharr's Int goes below what the game thinks is the minimum (it's a ways into negatives I think) and it cycles back around to 50+. So when he levels up he has boatloads of skill points. The flip side is that you can do it enough to push his Str so high it cycles back to something very low and make him virtually worthless at combat.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited October 2009

You've got to go all the way through the Hanharr dark side conversation path. At the end of it, there's a sequence where you can convince Hanharr that he's just a dumb animal and he shouldn't fight it anymore. You then get a message telling you that his Str has gone up, his Int has gone down and you've gained Dark Side Points. If you do it right (and I can't remember the details off hand) you can repeat the process, having the same effect each time. Eventually, Hanharr's Int goes below what the game thinks is the minimum (it's a ways into negatives I think) and it cycles back around to 50+. So when he levels up he has boatloads of skill points. The flip side is that you can do it enough to push his Str so high it cycles back to something very low and make him virtually worthless at combat.

Hahaha oh wow.

Hamju on
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thread is evil.

I got KOTOR 2 a while back from Goozex, but I want to wait for the Team Gizka release. Reading all this cool stuff makes me want to give in and fire it up though.

langfor6 on
  • big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »
    Thread is evil.

I got KOTOR 2 a while back from Goozex, but I want to wait for the Team Gizka release. Reading all this cool stuff makes me want to give in and fire it up though.

Do it now, Team Gizka will never happen.

big l on
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, just use the other guy's patch. It's basically the same stuff anyway.

Terrendos on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    AAAGGGHHHH
    Just bought KotOR off steam and can't for the life of me even get it to start up much less crash

Ohtsam on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Can someone explain to me how to install the cut content mod? I unchecked all the read only stuff... but I'm not sure what to do, and when I run the patcher in the .zip folder, I get errors.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    big l wrote: »
    langfor6 wrote: »
    Thread is evil.

Do it now, Team Gizka will never happen.

Their site has no updates beyond this past April. Why would they give up on this? They were sooo close.

Henroid on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Possibly since now that everyone's seen the cut content they've realized that most of it was cut for a reason

initiatefailure on
    edited October 2009
    For the last couple days I've been feeling like getting a Star Wars fix from something, and I was considering KoTOR 2 again depending on the Gizka developments. Which there haven't been any. So... fuck that.

Henroid on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited November 2009
    Playing through my patched KOTOR 2, I appear to be stuck on the HK Factory. I think I've done everything I can do here (gotten to the second level, downloaded the HK-51 stuff, blew up the HK-50 computer). Do I just have to leave, or is there a broken trigger or is that what those new patches on the download page are for?

Terrendos on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh, Henroid.

l337CrappyJack on
    edited November 2009
    Oh, Henroid.

What?

Henroid on
    edited November 2009
    Gizka is never going to finish and believing they will is the equivalent of believing Duke Nukem Forever will be completed.

Fiaryn on
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Besides which, the TSL Restored Content Mod really is just as good.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I finished the Let's Play KoTOR 2 last night. I'm glad I didn't get this back when ti was new. I looked at Kreia and went "Sith, totally a Sith" near the start of it. By the end she's "Crazy Sith not calling herself a Sith and killing people and destroying planets because people disagree with her point of view Sith." I wouldn't be able to sit through all those forced conversations.

I also didn't like the revisionist history stuff they pulled with Revan, because they tried to set him up to be this tragic hero that got everyone to hate him on purpose to unite the Republic early on. Near the end most of the stuff you hear (mostly from HK-47 who's memory isn't the best but is accepted as Gospel for some reason) establishes that he was just being a dick.

Last thing that annoyed me was the cut content, mainly cutting HK-47's opportunity to be awesome a the factory.

The rest of it was fine, nothing amazing, and how you could break the game through crafting looked like fun. I found that part with the Jedi Council odd, after how everyone you find was happy and thankful you came along, and then you get to the council and they seem totally different. Seems like there was something missing there.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    übergeek wrote: »
    So I finished the Let's Play KoTOR 2 last night. I'm glad I didn't get this back when ti was new. I looked at Kreia and went "Sith, totally a Sith" near the start of it. By the end she's "Crazy Sith not calling herself a Sith and killing people and destroying planets because people disagree with her point of view Sith." I wouldn't be able to sit through all those forced conversations.

I also didn't like the revisionist history stuff they pulled with Revan, because they tried to set him up to be this tragic hero that got everyone to hate him on purpose to unite the Republic early on. Near the end most of the stuff you hear (mostly from HK-47 who's memory isn't the best but is accepted as Gospel for some reason) establishes that he was just being a dick.

Last thing that annoyed me was the cut content, mainly cutting HK-47's opportunity to be awesome a the factory.

The rest of it was fine, nothing amazing, and how you could break the game through crafting looked like fun. I found that part with the Jedi Council odd, after how everyone you find was happy and thankful you came along, and then you get to the council and they seem totally different. Seems like there was something missing there.

I...no you know what, nevermind. Somebody else can field this this time. I can at least answer one of your questions though.

In regards to the behavior of the Council:

"None of us is as dumb as all of us"

A stodgy old man on his own might concede some points. A group of stodgy old men never will. Their stubborn, stuck-in-their-wayness compounds and reinforces that of the others and blots out change.

Fiaryn on
    edited November 2009
    übergeek wrote: »
    Wow, you definitely missed the mark on Kreia and her teachings. She's neither Sith nor Jedi.
    The looking back they did on Revan was important. Maybe not for the character, but for what it means to be a user of the Force. No matter what side he ended up being, light or dark, he understood a greater threat that had to be met and the classic teachings of Sith or Jedi were bullshit and useless to confronting it.
    And again you missed the mark. But the post above this covers it.

Henroid on
    edited November 2009
    I'm always amazed at people who expect extra credit for realising Kreia was (used to be) a Sith. You were supposed to do. It's not a plot twist. She actually tells you.

Tube on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm always amazed at people who expect extra credit for realising Kreia was (used to be) a Sith. You were supposed to do. It's not a plot twist. She actually tells you.

...Wait, some people didn't figure that out right away? I mean she may has well just been holding up a sign or something.

Dragkonias on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    She suffered... indignities.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

And then, at the end, also tells you outright it's not a plot twist.

She comes within inches of actually using those very words.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png