Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lets go kill some Pirates

1235710

Posts

  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is this guy real?



    He sounds like one of those guys that will talk about the army all the time even though they've never served themselves for whatever reason.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    When did this become about security and not about hunting people?
    oh come on, backtracking to a more reasonable position and pretending that's the same as the position he stated earlier is standard online argument protocol!

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Interests:
    Guns, anime
    DEATH GUNNNNNNNNNN

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Interests:
    Guns, anime
    LOVE GUNNNNNNNNNN

    www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • tech_huntertech_hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need some popcorn for this thread, riveting edutainment

    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.

    www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was smart enough to be quiet about wanting to bait and slaughter black people

    sig-1.jpg
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was smart enough to be quiet about wanting to bait and slaughter black people

    Your name wasn't quite clever enough though.

  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    shit I didn't notice

    sig-1.jpg
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You would've got away with it too, if it wasn't for us meddling internet peoples.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    taranis is a real treat

    this is very entertaining

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.

    www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    Please to be explaining how paying to go on a cruise to shoot pirates is joining a maritime security group

  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I thought you got paid for that kind of stuff.

    I didn't think you'd be the one paying out of your ass.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    Please to be explaining how paying to go on a cruise to shoot pirates is joining a maritime security group
    this is hilarious because you were also creaming your jeans about how great it would be to go shoot pirates

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    This is a thread about going on a russian cruise to hunt pirates you fucking dunce

  • FishmanFishman I find your lack of imperial stormtroopers disturbingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, I knew I should have posted my somali-pirate-economics-flash-game in the science thread.

    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Hail to thee, Lightbringer.
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    Please to be explaining how paying to go on a cruise to shoot pirates is joining a maritime security group
    this is hilarious because you were also creaming your jeans about how great it would be to go shoot pirates

    Never said I was joining a maritime security group here

    I'm doing the semantics dance because I'm trying not to be a hypocrite OK

  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.



    So they're pirates with hearts of gold. We should let them be?


    I was smart enough to be quiet about wanting to bait and slaughter black people

    If you're cruising around in the Indian ocean and people (regardless of race or nationality) attempt to kidnap you and hold you for ransom, it's only ok to defend yourself as long as you weren't there looking for them? By that logic undercover cops are acting unethically.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

  • Punchy McFistPunchy McFist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.



    So they're pirates with hearts of gold. We should let them be?


    I was smart enough to be quiet about wanting to bait and slaughter black people

    If you're cruising around in the Indian ocean and people (regardless of race or nationality) attempt to kidnap you and hold you for ransom, it's only ok to defend yourself as long as you weren't there looking for them? By that logic undercover cops are acting unethically.

    You are a genius.

  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    This is a thread about going on a russian cruise to hunt pirates you fucking dunce

    Hunting where the "prey" isn't identified until they shoot/kidnap you first. Interesting.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh man I am getting all kinds of nerdy excited about the possibilities of gaming on my Eee

    Jagged Alliance 2 on the go hell yeah

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh man I am getting all kinds of nerdy excited about the possibilities of gaming on my Eee

    Jagged Alliance 2 on the go hell yeah

    I just remembered I have the first two Fallout games from GOG, I should put them on my new Acer

    Guess who just found an "assignment" to do so I can minimize my time spent at the house

  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?



    we're talking about international waters here. And defending your own freighters.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?



    we're talking about international waters here. And defending your own freighters.

    I want you to slow down a minute and think about this

    HEY GUYS COME ROB ME

    OH SHIT THEY ARE ROBBING ME KILL THEM NOW

    What part of that seems reasonable to you

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So far I've got Jagged Alliance 2, and am gonna put Age Of Wonders Shadow Magic on my Eee as well

    Of course I have Fallout 1/2 as well

    I am thinking Alpha Centauri as well, although I'm not sure if I can lower the resolution to 800x600 on that

    Also HOMM3, Planescape: Torment, and BG1/2/Icewind Dale

    hells yeah

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    What's HOMM3

    All I'm putting on the Acer is Fallout 1/2 and Beneath A Steel Sky just because that's all that's on my GOG list and I don't have any old computer games

  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

    It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

    In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heroes of Might And Magic 3, which is probably the best ieteration of the series ever

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

    It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

    In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

    Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

    Stupid ass

  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

    It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

    In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

    Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen. It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

    Fuck those pirates, man. Oh, they're poor. Boo fucking hoo, it sucks and all, but it doesn't excuse piracy.

    hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

    Stupid ass

    Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

    Try to think for like two seconds.

    hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

    Stupid ass

    Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

    Try to think for like two seconds.

    Defender if you can't see the difference between actively trying to get them to hijack you so you can shoot them and somebody saying "it's her fault she was raped"

    You are a broken broken man

  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

    Stupid ass

    Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

    Try to think for like two seconds.

    Defender if you can't see the difference between actively trying to get them to hijack you so you can shoot them and somebody saying "it's her fault she was raped"

    You are a broken broken man

    What if she was trying to get raped? Would you call her a horrible person?

    In the context that she wanted to shoot some rapists.

    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Defender wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

    It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

    In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

    Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen.
    It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

    Fuck those pirates, man. Oh, they're poor. Boo fucking hoo, it sucks and all, but it doesn't excuse piracy.

    I'd say a better analogy would be undercover cops driving in an area known for carjackings. That is a method cops use though.





    Fuck even undercover cops buying from a drug dealer is the same as working for a maritime security group. It's not the same as a cruise, but I did say that while I would be down for this I'd rather have it as a career protecting freighters owned by my contractor. If you guys actually read that part you wouldn't have someone to flame though.

    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Also I missed this but I don't think anybody is saying it's not the thieves fault

    At least I'm not

    I'm saying when you actively try to get them to ENDANGER YOUR LIFE by cruising around near places of pirate activity

    You don't get to be pissy and shoot them because you basically hung a sign out that said I LIKE BEING SHOT AT

    HEY MAN HE CAME RIGHT AT ME (like I asked him to)

  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

    You know what they call that last one right there

    Entrapment

    Except this time there's more bullets

    Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

    It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

    In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

    Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen.
    It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

    Fuck those pirates, man. Oh, they're poor. Boo fucking hoo, it sucks and all, but it doesn't excuse piracy.

    I'd say a better analogy would be undercover cops driving in an area known for carjackings. That is a method cops use though.

    Fuck even undercover cops buying from a drug dealer is the same as working for a maritime security group. It's not the same as a cruise, but I did say that while I would be down for this I'd rather have it as a career protecting freighters owned by my contractor. If you guys actually read that part you wouldn't have someone to flame though.

    But this is, theoretically, a situation where tourists are promised a pirate attack and an opportunity to kill said pirates

    it isn't to "uphold justice" or any of that shit, it's leaving a boat out in the open, making it look like a good target for pirates to attack, and then going apeshit and killing them all for fun

    JKKaAGp.png
Sign In or Register to comment.