Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lets go kill some Pirates

• Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is this guy real?

He sounds like one of those guys that will talk about the army all the time even though they've never served themselves for whatever reason.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    When did this become about security and not about hunting people?
    oh come on, backtracking to a more reasonable position and pretending that's the same as the position he stated earlier is standard online argument protocol!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Interests:
    Guns, anime
    DEATH GUNNNNNNNNNN

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Interests:
    Guns, anime
    LOVE GUNNNNNNNNNN

www.facebook.com/itgetsworseska
    Spoiler:
  • tech_huntertech_hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need some popcorn for this thread, riveting edutainment

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.

Good to know.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.

Spoiler:
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was smart enough to be quiet about wanting to bait and slaughter black people

sig-1.jpg
    edited July 2009

Your name wasn't quite clever enough though.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    shit I didn't notice

sig-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    You would've got away with it too, if it wasn't for us meddling internet peoples.

edited July 2009
    taranis is a real treat

this is very entertaining

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Well wanting to be a security dude and wanting to gat some Somali, who has basically been forced to become a criminal due to crippling poverty and the extremely remorseless polution of his waters by foreign corporate entities, those are two different things.

Spoiler:
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.

Good to know.

Please to be explaining how paying to go on a cruise to shoot pirates is joining a maritime security group

edited July 2009
    I thought you got paid for that kind of stuff.

I didn't think you'd be the one paying out of your ass.

edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »

Good to know.

Please to be explaining how paying to go on a cruise to shoot pirates is joining a maritime security group
    this is hilarious because you were also creaming your jeans about how great it would be to go shoot pirates

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009

Good to know.

This is a thread about going on a russian cruise to hunt pirates you fucking dunce

• FishmanFishman I find your lack of imperial stormtroopers disturbingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, I knew I should have posted my somali-pirate-economics-flash-game in the science thread.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    Hail to thee, Lightbringer.
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

Good to know.

this is hilarious because you were also creaming your jeans about how great it would be to go shoot pirates

Never said I was joining a maritime security group here

I'm doing the semantics dance because I'm trying not to be a hypocrite OK

• TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

So they're pirates with hearts of gold. We should let them be?

If you're cruising around in the Indian ocean and people (regardless of race or nationality) attempt to kidnap you and hold you for ransom, it's only ok to defend yourself as long as you weren't there looking for them? By that logic undercover cops are acting unethically.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

• Punchy McFistPunchy McFist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

So they're pirates with hearts of gold. We should let them be?

If you're cruising around in the Indian ocean and people (regardless of race or nationality) attempt to kidnap you and hold you for ransom, it's only ok to defend yourself as long as you weren't there looking for them? By that logic undercover cops are acting unethically.

You are a genius.

edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »

Good to know.

This is a thread about going on a russian cruise to hunt pirates you fucking dunce

Hunting where the "prey" isn't identified until they shoot/kidnap you first. Interesting.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh man I am getting all kinds of nerdy excited about the possibilities of gaming on my Eee

Jagged Alliance 2 on the go hell yeah

edited July 2009
    So.... A undercover cop working in his jurisdiction to arrest drug manufacturers == a bunch of guys going on a boat in Somalia trying to bait pirates so they can kill them?

You know what they call that last one right there

Entrapment

Except this time there's more bullets

Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh man I am getting all kinds of nerdy excited about the possibilities of gaming on my Eee

Jagged Alliance 2 on the go hell yeah

I just remembered I have the first two Fallout games from GOG, I should put them on my new Acer

Guess who just found an "assignment" to do so I can minimize my time spent at the house

edited July 2009

we're talking about international waters here. And defending your own freighters.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009

we're talking about international waters here. And defending your own freighters.

I want you to slow down a minute and think about this

HEY GUYS COME ROB ME

OH SHIT THEY ARE ROBBING ME KILL THEM NOW

What part of that seems reasonable to you

edited July 2009
    So far I've got Jagged Alliance 2, and am gonna put Age Of Wonders Shadow Magic on my Eee as well

Of course I have Fallout 1/2 as well

I am thinking Alpha Centauri as well, although I'm not sure if I can lower the resolution to 800x600 on that

Also HOMM3, Planescape: Torment, and BG1/2/Icewind Dale

hells yeah

edited July 2009
    What's HOMM3

All I'm putting on the Acer is Fallout 1/2 and Beneath A Steel Sky just because that's all that's on my GOG list and I don't have any old computer games

edited July 2009

Entrapment

Taranis please explain how this is in any way a legit maritime security firm and not KILL POOR PEOPLE WITH GUNS

It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    Heroes of Might And Magic 3, which is probably the best ieteration of the series ever

edited July 2009

Entrapment

It's not entrapment. No more so than an under cover female working in vice. The cruise would be vigilantism and I really don't care. I said I would be down for this but I want an actual job doing this. I never said I would set out to kill them merely that I wanted to 'fight pirates'. Read the thread next time.

In fact it wouldn't even be as close to entrapment as the cops. Cruising around where known pirates are isn't the same as inviting the aboard. If they hijack your vessel and try to take you captive that is in no way entrapment.

Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

Stupid ass

• DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Entrapment

Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen. It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

Fuck those pirates, man. Oh, they're poor. Boo fucking hoo, it sucks and all, but it doesn't excuse piracy.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Stupid ass

Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

Try to think for like two seconds.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited July 2009
    Defender wrote: »

Stupid ass

Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

Defender if you can't see the difference between actively trying to get them to hijack you so you can shoot them and somebody saying "it's her fault she was raped"

You are a broken broken man

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Stupid ass

Defender if you can't see the difference between actively trying to get them to hijack you so you can shoot them and somebody saying "it's her fault she was raped"

You are a broken broken man

What if she was trying to get raped? Would you call her a horrible person?

In the context that she wanted to shoot some rapists.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited July 2009

Entrapment

Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen.
    It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

Fuck those pirates, man. Oh, they're poor. Boo fucking hoo, it sucks and all, but it doesn't excuse piracy.

I'd say a better analogy would be undercover cops driving in an area known for carjackings. That is a method cops use though.

Fuck even undercover cops buying from a drug dealer is the same as working for a maritime security group. It's not the same as a cruise, but I did say that while I would be down for this I'd rather have it as a career protecting freighters owned by my contractor. If you guys actually read that part you wouldn't have someone to flame though.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    Also I missed this but I don't think anybody is saying it's not the thieves fault

At least I'm not

I'm saying when you actively try to get them to ENDANGER YOUR LIFE by cruising around near places of pirate activity

You don't get to be pissy and shoot them because you basically hung a sign out that said I LIKE BEING SHOT AT

HEY MAN HE CAME RIGHT AT ME (like I asked him to)

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Entrapment

Yep, just like when cops left an unlocked car sitting around to bait thieves. The cops didn't tell them to steal it, they just left it in a state where it could be stolen.
    It's the fault of the thieves for trying to steal it, and nobody else.

I'd say a better analogy would be undercover cops driving in an area known for carjackings. That is a method cops use though.

Fuck even undercover cops buying from a drug dealer is the same as working for a maritime security group. It's not the same as a cruise, but I did say that while I would be down for this I'd rather have it as a career protecting freighters owned by my contractor. If you guys actually read that part you wouldn't have someone to flame though.

But this is, theoretically, a situation where tourists are promised a pirate attack and an opportunity to kill said pirates

it isn't to "uphold justice" or any of that shit, it's leaving a boat out in the open, making it look like a good target for pirates to attack, and then going apeshit and killing them all for fun

JKKaAGp.png