Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lets go kill some Pirates

• TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    I bet he plays hella GTA.

Pfft I invented GTA.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Seriously though. Mall Ninja. He won't tell us what he does, but assures us that he is good at it and important.

Also guns and anime

Seriously that title, av, and sig just scream it

• TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »

Pfft I invented GTA.

You must be very old.

Was it difficult to get away clean doing a steady 15mph on a dirt road?

4icmw.jpg TankHammer | 2zivq6q.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Must be the feeling, it brings to you That makes you do what you doRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Pfft I invented GTA.

You must be very old.

Was it difficult to get away clean doing a steady 15mph on a dirt road?

If cops started catching up to I would just run away. I can run fast.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Yeah driving around as bait isn't even close to asking them to hijack you

Stupid ass

Did you see what she was wearing? She was totally asking to get raped. That's entrapment, it wasn't his fault.

Try to think for like two seconds.

Defender if you can't see the difference between actively trying to get them to hijack you so you can shoot them and somebody saying "it's her fault she was raped"

You are a broken broken man

OK, Wiggin. I see that difference. However, my purpose is to point out that leaving something in a state where it can be attacked, even if you do it on purpose, doesn't justify someone else attacking it.

EDIT: That also means that you are still justified in defending against it. It doesn't matter that you're "looking for a fight" because you're not actually starting the fight. It's dumb, yeah, but it's not unethical.

hello massa, I jar jar binks
    I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited July 2009
    That thing about how Calvin and Hobbes grew up to be Jack and Tyler is surprisingly well written

Not on the same level as the Pokemon coma essay but still well done

How would you say it compares to that one essay that analyzes MGS2?

I've overheard someone say "Don't say something is retarded, its not cool to make fun of retards. Just say its gay."
    edited July 2009
    whosiwhatsit now

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are we talking about killing software and music pirates or the other kind?

edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    Are we talking about killing software and music pirates or the other kind?

Really I mean we could kill all of those and it would be cool with me. The amount of culling I would like to see would be ridiculous.

edited July 2009
    Wut? Killing? Rage.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    I uh

I don't think everyone who pirates music deserves to die

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Wut? Killing? Rage.
    keep those malls safe for us you brave soldier

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Maybe just cut off a hand?

edited July 2009

How about a pinky toe

Taranis, the difference here is that Defender is kidding, at least somewhat

Whereas you are whole-heartedly endorsing murder

edited July 2009
    Anyone wondered why infantrymen in youtube videos yell things like "Fuck yeah!", "Get some!", "Wooohoo!", "Hell yeah!" and the like?

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

"HE STOLE"

edited July 2009
    Anyone wondered why infantrymen in youtube videos yell things like "Fuck yeah!", "Get some!", "Wooohoo!", "Hell yeah!" and the like?
    there's a huge difference between relieving stress like that while under fire and talking among other servicemen who shared the experience with you versus telling strangers you want to hunt and kill pirates

again, you consistently demonstrate that you are unable to grasp moral nuances that many teenagers have figured out

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you guys still going with this?

Taranis just go join the army already

hopefully someone will work out that you're the superior killing machine they need and make you a badass commando

can't wait for the movie based on your life:

TARANIS: SAWS AND WRECKS

edited July 2009
    So watching a JDAM demolish a house that had numerous hajj in it is "relieving stress"? Seriously? How many people feel remorse because they lit up someone that was trying to kill them and their comrades? Feeling elated when snuff out the life of someone that's trying to kill you and your comrades is common. To say that infantrymen who reup time and again don't like doing their job is a fucking joke. I'm not trying to say that they enjoy killing though, I'm trying to say that the experience of combat isn't altogether terrible like most civilians believe. You can't have an all volunteer force if infantrymen don't reup. What of SF units? Some SF guys stay in theater for years on end (they get RnR, not sure how much but that's not the same as time back in the states). I have several friends that tried to stay in country when the unit was redeploying to the states. PSG turned them down. In combat you hunt and kill the enemy. Pirates are no better than terrorists.

Honestly if there's a better job out there for me where I get paid to get shot at and shoot back, I'll take it.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this is painful to watch

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Seriously? How many people feel remorse because they lit up someone that was trying to kill them and their comrades?

having read many memoirs from soldiers on various fronts of various wars fighting many people, i can say that most of them, at least those eloquent enough and strong enough to write about their experience coherently and honestly

yeah, most of them

edited July 2009
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    Seriously? How many people feel remorse because they lit up someone that was trying to kill them and their comrades?

having read many memoirs from soldiers on various fronts of various wars fighting many people, i can say that most of them, at least those eloquent enough and strong enough to write about their experience coherently and honestly

yeah, most of them
    taranis doesn't consider them real soldiers or real men

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • weather man bobweather man bob Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I am all for hunting pirates and forcefully taking their booty.

RS_1608-1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    people like taranis are mostly the reason why i am still iffy on joining the military

i really don't want to be surrounded by people like that. the military isn't a fucking football team.

edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

yeah, most of them
    taranis doesn't consider them real soldiers or real men

Druhim can't acknowledge the fact that not everyone is the same and the truth might not necessary be palatable to the rest of society so some people put on a front. That most people of decades past felt how they did, is not surprising times change. The Romans had their Coliseum and their gladiators. We have our video games and violent movies. The way most infantrymen feel about combat shouldn't be all that surprising.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    people like taranis are mostly the reason why i am still iffy on joining the military

i really don't want to be surrounded by people like that. the military isn't a fucking football team.

Best analogy for the Infantry is a football team + a fraternity. Day to day life in garrison is much like the Office.

POG's don't think like I do as far as I know. So if that's the sort of MOS you want go for it.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • YaYaYaYa Rick and Morty forever and ever 100 years! a100timesRickandMorty.comRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man, guys, Taranis is serious about killing

he's already trying to take my brain out

• NostregarNostregar Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I have a friend who is a Marine and I have talked to him about pretty much this exact topic.

None of them, at least he and the people he knows in the Marines, want to kill anyone. They would be much happier if they never had to kill a man, and even happier if they never had to be shot at. They joined the military and do what they do because they believe it is their duty to help protect their country and to make sure the rest of us do not have to do what they do.

They're not there because they want to kill people. They do not enjoy killing people. Sure, maybe some guys in the military enjoy killing. You know what they're called? Sociopaths.

Spoiler:
    edited July 2009
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I have a friend who is a Marine and I have talked to him about pretty much this exact topic.

None of them, at least he and the people he knows in the Marines, want to kill anyone. They would be much happier if they never had to kill a man, and even happier if they never had to be shot at. They joined the military and do what they do because they believe it is their duty to help protect their country and to make sure the rest of us do not have to do what they do.

They're not there because they want to kill people. They do not enjoy killing people. Sure, maybe some guys in the military enjoy killing. You know what they're called? Sociopaths.

But is he in the Infantry? The Infantry is completely different than the rest of the Army. That's the army though, I'm assuming it's the same everywhere. Generation Kill was pretty spot on and I wasn't in the Marines.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    what fucking difference does it make, you tool

people in any other division are allowed to have souls and be normal people but when you're in the infantry it's all about cheering when you take out insurgents and then hitting the showers?

edited July 2009
    YaYa wrote: »

people in any other division are allowed to have souls and be normal people but when you're in the infantry it's all about cheering when you take out insurgents and then hitting the showers?

Clearly you know more about this subject than me.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hey
    hey Taranis

fuck you

go to jail

0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2009
    YaYa wrote: »

Clearly you know more about this subject than me.

clearly!

edited July 2009
    Sometimes people really enjoy killing, just like some people enjoy fucking children. Who are we to judge?

edited July 2009
    I know nothing about the Infantry.

Wait a minute.

usa-cib2.jpg

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
    edited July 2009
    What's that a small pixelated picture of? Looks like either a repeater or a german machine gun on some kind of board and a wreath.

edited July 2009
    if you enjoy soldiering and being a soldier, that's fine

i think its a totally different thing to not fundamentally understand that even if it was the lesser of two evils, even if it was for a good cause, killing is fundamentally evil and so is war

edited July 2009
    guys, get back

he's got a small jpg

• slowslow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hey look i can do that too

purpleheart.jpg

edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    What's that a small pixelated picture of? Looks like either a repeater or a german machine gun on some kind of board and a wreath.

Everyone in this thread should know. Since they know more than me about the military and the mentality of those in it.

nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png