Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lets go kill some Pirates

145679

Posts

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am way bummed that I had to leave it because I got the depressions. Graduating as a second lieutenant would have been neat.

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    I am way bummed that I had to leave it because I got the depressions. Graduating as a second lieutenant would have been neat.

    I mean, plus you missed out on the best part of killing dudes.

    CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is the new definition of trolling "Posting in such a manner that could offend anyone anywhere"?. I can't help that you don't like what I have to say, but that shouldn't stop me from saying it. My intention isn't to offend, but to "chat".

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Hey dude, how's your day been?"

    "Oh fine, fine. Still ain't killed a dude so I'm kinda bummed out."

    "Oh well of course."

    A lovely conversation.

    CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    "Hey dude, how's your day been?"

    "Oh fine, fine. Still ain't killed a dude so I'm kinda bummed out."

    "Oh well of course."

    A lovely conversation.

    I'm not the one who made this thread.

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Nostregar wrote: »
    I dunno, I think killing in self defense is still murder and I think the legal definition says the same, though I may be mistaken. To my knowledge, many states don't even allow the murder in self defense argument.

    unfortunately, "to your knowledge" is pretty much the opposite of "what is actually true"

    so, maybe you should do some research before you open your mouth about things you don't know about

    I said "to my knowledge" because I wasn't sure. I was allowing the possibility of correction if I was wrong.

    Though I just did some research because I was going from memory before. Pretty much everything I found said that it varies by state. It seems that in general you are correct, but some states don't allow it. Having a hard time finding which ones, though. It's also weird because federally it seems to be allowed, but everything keeps saying "some states don't allow that defense". Maybe they just mean some states make it harder to make it apply? I don't know. Either way, that's where me thinking that came from.
    noun
    1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
    2. Slang. something extremely difficult or perilous: That final exam was murder!
    3. a group or flock of crows.

    All depends which dictionary you use.

    Verb 1. murder - kill intentionally and with premeditation

    Many of the definitions include a stipulation that it must be unlawful killing as well, but not all of them.


    t Artreus: I think our difference of opinion really just falls in one of those grey areas. I still consider killing in self defense to be murder in most cases, though I'm willing to imagine some cases where I wouldn't (if the killing is accidental, for example). On the "killing someone you don't like" thing, I think that's also just another difference of opinion. I think all war pretty much amounts to killing people you don't like and/or disagree with, so there's that.

    Edit: Really going to bed now so will reply to anything in the morning.

    Spoiler:
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    AFROTC

    AFRO Training Corps

    they teach you to be an afro

    This is their top agent.
    undercoverbrother4-1.jpg

    This movie owned

    SO MUCH

    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Murder means unlawful killing. Killing which doesn't violate the Laws of War, is therefore not murder.

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Who writes the laws of war?

    Other than Hideo Kojima

    lost_sig2.png
  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Who writes the laws of war?

    Other than Hideo Kojima

    I don't know. I'd assume they're derived from the geneva convention though.

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Has love ever bloomed on the battlefield for you, Taranis?

    lost_sig2.png
  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Is the new definition of trolling "Posting in such a manner that could offend anyone anywhere"?. I can't help that you don't like what I have to say, but that shouldn't stop me from saying it. My intention isn't to offend, but to "chat".

    It is just that you have said some really, really stupid things. And usually when people act that stupid, they are doing it to get a rise out of people.

    tNostregar: But many soldiers may not even have an opinion about who they are killing! I am not at all arguing that war is a good thing. It sucks. I don't think any sane person would say it is good. It is however an inevitability. It is just something we have to deal with. I will say that it is possible that a lot of killings in war are murder (there are such things as war crimes), the vast majority are not.

    And again, I am pretty sure the states that you say don't allow killing in self defense just have laws against excessive force. This is actually me talking out of my ass, so that is all I am really going to say on that subject.

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Has love ever bloomed on the battlefield for you, Taranis?

    If the army had JRPG dialog I would have totally stayed in... or shot myself in the head. Anyway it would be pretty rad... At least give it JRPG effects, like chicks that are way too hot to be soldiers kicking tank shells out of the air. Giant swords too.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Also is anyone else catching the fact that he is throwing out acronyms left and right to make it look like he knows more than he does?
    standard practice for those security guards who dream of doing something more impressive

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Who writes the laws of war?

    Other than Hideo Kojima

    I don't know. I'd assume they're derived from the geneva convention though.

    I really don't think you know things.

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    god this thread is so fucking stupid

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Has love ever bloomed on the battlefield for you, Taranis?

    If the army had JRPG dialog I would have totally stayed in... or shot myself in the head. Anyway it would be pretty rad... At least give it JRPG effects, like chicks that are way too hot to be soldiers kicking tank shells out of the air. Giant swords too.

    Valkyria Chronicles really is a great game. I need to finish it.

    edit: Rank is right though. Even the people who are right (myself included) are being kind of dumb here. These are dumb internet fights

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All internet fights are dumb.

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That is what I was attempting to imply, yeah.

    Know what is awesome though? Boston Creme Pie. God I would kill for a slice right now

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    All internet fights are dumb.

    Thems fightin' words

    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He must be a troll.

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis is just a hard man for these hard times. We're all just too soft and our balls would be in the deep fryer if he wasn't out there putting it all on the line!

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    All internet fights are dumb.

    Thems fightin' words

    No, get back in the hole.

  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Taranis is just a hard man for these hard times. We're all just too soft and our balls would be in the deep fryer if he wasn't out there putting it all on the line!

    Yes. I definitely said this. If there's one person I know that understands me it's Druhim.

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim is an excellent judge of character. He knows what everyone is thinking.

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    concern trolling is so outmoded

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh no, our ultra liberal TFS will collide with Taranis and form a black hole. This thread is doomed.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    i am not a liberal fuck you

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i am not a liberal fuck you

    That's exactly what a liberal would say.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, it's not like this thread could get worse.

  • TaranisTaranis Every time I hear this groove, It makes me wanna move.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    i am not a liberal fuck you

    That's exactly what a liberal would say.

    Hah. The logic of this thread in a nutshell.:^:

    / steam profile / mwo handle: calverin / 3ds: 1349-6311-4743 /
    nerosig_zps80ae1f48.png
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    i am not a liberal fuck you

    That's exactly what a liberal would say.

    You can just feel the liberalness wafting from that post like the heat off a racing dog's balls

    We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I stand corrected.

  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    Well, it's not like this thread could get worse.

    He says as the thread steadily gets worse.

    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    I stand corrected.

    I got here as quick as I could. Now stand aside, I have thread worsening to do.

    We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My theory is that threads get worse in leaps and bounds, it's not a steady progression. Otaku's post is good evidence of this.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm not going to lie.

    I said it specifically so the thread would get worse.

  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    i am not a liberal fuck you

    That's exactly what a liberal would say.

    You can just feel the liberalness wafting from that post like the heat off a racing dog's balls

    Liberal balls something something.

  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    It's a CIB. Combat Infantryman's Badge

    Oh high five I got three in BF2 during the CSQ of OIF.

  • BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this is an awful thread

    3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
Sign In or Register to comment.