As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with picture-based facial recognition softwares.

redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I was looking at doing something for a project, and basically what I needed to do is to extract a larger number of faces from pictures. Obviously I could just go in photoshop and magnetic lasso each one, but the faster it would be accomplished the better. So I was curious about the process of possibly automating it in some way.

I've seen a bit of consumer software lately that can seperate a face from a webcam feed or picture and use it for other means. The macbook has that webcam place your body on the moon stuff, and there's a few other programs now that can take one photo of a person and locate others given a batch of photos.

Does anyone have an idea how these work? Is there any similar free software out there?

Most of the stuff I've been finding when searching facial recognition is security based. If there is someone to quickly accomplish this with a graphics program available I'd be interested in that too. Thanks for any input.

redraptor on