As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me price this Ebay thing.

Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm selling King's Quest II for DOS/Amiga on Ebay and someone just messaged me about a buy it now price. I didn't list a buy it now price in the first place cuz I'm not sure what I price I can actually get for it.

Someone else is selling KQII too, and the buy it now price is $42.29. Not quite sure if it's overpriced, and Amazon is no help. I'm not gonna link my item out of whoring concerns, but it's the exact same thing in pretty much the same condition.

Also, should I change my item photo to something similar to this? Now I only have a photo of the box.

Richard_Dastardly on

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd take a photo that shows everything you get in detail. The $40+ price seems fair, as anyone going after this sort of thing is looking for a collectors item. Its expensive, but no more so than a new game.

I've seen older games go for $200-$500, and those were Snes and Playstation 1 games. It's kinda hard to value these things as it's really based upon quality and demand. Having never played this one, I couldn't tell you if it's worth more/less.

Enc on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks, I'm thinking that's a fair price... Actually I'm pretty retarded cuz I just googled the game and $30-$45 is what it's selling for on other sites.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If the person who messaged you is asking that you somehow circumvent the ebay system in order to sell it to him at a specific price, don't do it.

If you do, there are no protection systems in place should something go wrong. Usually, when people ask you to somehow sell outside of ebay, it is a scam.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh no, it's not a scam. Some sellers list a "buy it now" price in case someone really wants the item they can just pay the listed price instead of billing. It's too late now anyway, since I already have a bid and can't alter the price.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh no, it's not a scam. Some sellers list a "buy it now" price in case someone really wants the item they can just pay the listed price instead of billing. It's too late now anyway, since I already have a bid and can't alter the price.

I know what a "buy it now" listing is, but you said the person asked you for a "buy it now" price when you hadn't set one up, which is not possible.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

I know what a "buy it now" listing is, but you said the person asked you for a "buy it now" price when you hadn't set one up, which is not possible.

I probably wasn't that clear... The buyer had asked me to revise the listing so it had a buy it now price, which I have the option of doing before someone makes a bid. But, then someone made a bid so it's too late anyway...

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

I probably wasn't that clear... The buyer had asked me to revise the listing so it had a buy it now price, which I have the option of doing before someone makes a bid. But, then someone made a bid so it's too late anyway...

Ah okay. Just making sure, because there are a lot of scammers out there on ebay preying on the inexperienced sellers.

Just tell him to set his "buy it now" price he wanted to pay as his proxy bid. Win/win for you, because you'll get at least that much.

Figgy on