As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows Vista Evil

SentrySentry Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, so I got a new desktop with Windows Vista after using a Mac exclusively for about 4 or 5 years. I set up my wireless connection, all is good. I'm connected to the internet... the little icon on the bottom right of the screen tells me so.

So why, when I open Internet Explorer, does it say I am freaking offline? I click off the Work Offline icon, and the computer attempts to reconnect, even though the icon says I'm already connected, and THEN the machine says I can't connect because of some reason, which MIGHT be the username. BUT I'M ALREADY FREAKING CONNECTED!!

Someone please help... I promise to install Windows 7 as soon as this is resolved...

Edit: bah... I don't know what I did, but it's working now. Lock I guess. Stupid vista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wrote:
When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
Sentry on