As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Online Freelancing

robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm just wondering if anybody has done any online freelancing (Odesk, elance, etc) and how successful they've been at it.

I've gone through odesk and rent-a-coder before and it really seems like that all the people who actually get work do so by drastically undercutting their competition (while probably providing a really terrible product in the process.)

I currently work full time but am going to desperately need to supplement my income very soon.

Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
robotbebop on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You'll find the same thing at elance...

Freelancing is very hard to do strictly online because it's too easy for some guy in India or China to do the same job for a 5th of the price.

Your best bet is to find an actual physical recruiting agency in your nearest major city that does temp/contract work and see if they have any telecommute stuff.

Or, you know, start building a network and bide your time.

Jasconius on