Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

HDTV antenna suggestions

matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dickRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had a nice DLP set for a while, but had DirecTV so I never picked up an antenna for it, or even looked into them. I know it has an internal tuner, but I know next to nothing about which antennas for it are decent. The last time any TV I used had an antenna was... 1989, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Anyone have any suggestions?

matt has a problem on
h1DI1.jpg
All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Tighter than R. Kelly in his teens. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just (like 3 hours ago) upgraded my shitty $16 Philips antenna with a powered Terk indoor antenna, and it's like night and day.

I used to have to dick around with the old one to switch between network and PBS, and this new one gets everything without fail. I've also picked up about 5 more OTA channels. Would absolutely recommend it. Bonus points because it doesn't look that stupid.

They're gonna bury you, they're gonna finish. They're gonna stand 'em up six by six by six.
  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I get 38 channels on my alu-foil-attached-to-a-coax-cable antenna, 32 of which are HD. So you could give that a shot before spending any money.

XBL: heavenkils
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ended up buying the Terk. It picks up just about everything on the list of over-air channels where I live, except for two stations: ABC and CBS. Turns out, they're at 4.75kw and 8kw respectively, and 36 miles away being broadcast from the mast on the Sears Tower. Oddly enough, I can pick up another channel that's at 4.4kw being broadcast from the same place. Looks like I may have to invest in an outdoor antenna.

h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life