Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PHALLA] Whedonverse Deux: Day 11 - Glory defeated; Scoobies/Good Victory!

24567121

Posts

  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    also, I may or may not be finding the inactivity statements Ironic after the FE phalla.
    Host inactivity is the best inactivity.

    ·
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    !Signup

    bone daddy wrote:
    It's important to remember that our userbase is self-selected for people who find things like punching babies and flipping off boxes of kittens hilarious.
    ·
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What color are votes? I will modify the OP.
    Signups should be current as of post #46

    nevillexmassig1.png
    ·
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Clarification: Will Dollhouse be included in this Phalla?
    *facepalm*
    Hey, it's not my fault if the good Mr. neville didn't / isn't using a term in the generally accepted manner.

    Also: whine all you want, you're still not 3rd. Cranky, cranky soda.

    Clearly you must be new to my Phallas.
    I do things my way.

    Clarification request denied.

    nevillexmassig1.png
    ·
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    neville wrote: »
    What color are votes? I will modify the OP.
    Signups should be current as of post #46
    Votes are typically red.

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    ·
  • DaiusDaius Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Also if I could have any character at all, it'd be Badger.

    Man being Badger'd be awesome.

    bigbosssig.png
    ·
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User
    edited July 2009
    neville wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Clarification: Will Dollhouse be included in this Phalla?
    *facepalm*
    Hey, it's not my fault if the good Mr. neville didn't / isn't using a term in the generally accepted manner.

    Also: whine all you want, you're still not 3rd. Cranky, cranky soda.

    Clearly you must be new to my Phallas.
    I do things my way.

    Clarification request denied.


    Doesn't make it right

    ·
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Votes are usually red, with retractions in lime. Yellow (and cyan and such) are usually for special circumstances.

    EDIT: Beat'd. By Kime. Oh, the shame.

    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    ·
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    neville wrote: »
    Please read the entire OP.
    Several clarifications asked have been answered already.
    Yeah...I'm not seeing it. Specifically regarding action order, as I can see how asking about trickle-down can fall under your mechanics rule. Even a "Clarification denied" would suffice.

    That + the dead rule. Because you say "no dead talking", but then you follow that up with "living - don't talk to dead" and vice versa. So I'm explicitly checking the not followed up case of dead talking to dead.

    ·
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    The usual clarifications:

    What is the action order?

    Clarification request denied.

    Spectrum wrote: »

    Is there vote trickle-down?


    No.

    Spectrum wrote: »

    Can dead folks talk to each other?

    No; This is already explained in the OP.

    nevillexmassig1.png
    ·
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    !Well I guess I'll sign up, even though Joss Whedon sucks.

    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    ·
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dead boards is not all-inclusive of dead talking to each other, but thank you. =)

    ·
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    !Well I guess I'll sign up, even though Joss Whedon sucks.

    You have been devoured by a grue. Or vampire.

    nevillexmassig1.png
    ·
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so I'm guessing that there is resurrection as that is the only reason to stop dead people from talking.

    ·
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    neville wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    !Well I guess I'll sign up, even though Joss Whedon sucks.

    You have been devoured by a grue. Or vampire.

    I'll make an exception and allow myself to be mafia this game, to destroy the Whedonverse.

    Because that is truly the side of good.

    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    ·
  • HounHoun Jeskai Elder Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so I'm guessing that there is resurrection as that is the only reason to stop dead people from talking.

    Or an ability that allows the ghosts of the dead to be asked questions... or an "undead" state where players still have a hidden influence on the game, etc.

    Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
    ·
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    What color are votes? I will modify the OP.
    Signups should be current as of post #46
    Votes are typically red.

    OP updated, thank you.

    nevillexmassig1.png
    ·
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds is pumped-up. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    !Signing Up

    Am I going to die Day One again?


    We already know that Angel > Buffy and that Firefly is just awesome. But is Dr. Horrible being included (please say yes)? :)

    // FF14: Phyress Traydor, Spoony Bard @ Sargatanas //
    // PSN: vagrant_winds // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 //
    // WiiU: VagrantWinds // Steam & LoL: VWinds //
    ·
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sign up.

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
    ·
  • naporeonnaporeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I haven't done a Phalla with most of you, but I would like to state for the record that I'd love to make it past the first or second day.

    Like, really, really love it.

    ·
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    *facepalm*

    You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

    TwitchTV channel: OrokosPA OrokosPA
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
    ·
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so I'm guessing that there is resurrection as that is the only reason to stop dead people from talking.

    Or an ability that allows the ghosts of the dead to be asked questions... or an "undead" state where players still have a hidden influence on the game, etc.

    how about an ability that allows the dead to stalk the living and eat their souls?

    ·
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    !Well I guess I'll sign up, even though Joss Whedon sucks.

    You have been devoured by a grue. Or vampire.

    I'll make an exception and allow myself to be mafia this game, to destroy the Whedonverse.

    Because that is truly the side of good.
    You know that you're actually going to end up in a neutral, powerless team with me, right? And that we're going to get focused fire by like 5 different groups of people on Day 1?

    Also, hey people spread the word, because it looks like signups end in 4 hours if I'm not mistaken.

    ·
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wouldn't we all :(.

    No hard feelings if you die though! Lots of people have to die early. Just hope you get voted out, because then you get the entire day to taunt everyone :P. Being vigged or whatnot is much less entertaining since you didn't expect it haha.

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    ·
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh God, please tell me I'm not too late.

    Also....
    Spoiler:

    ·
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    (I will pretend I didn't see you screw up TTR :lol:)

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    ·
  • naporeonnaporeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Wouldn't we all :(.

    No hard feelings if you die though! Lots of people have to die early. Just hope you get voted out, because then you get the entire day to taunt everyone :P. Being vigged or whatnot is much less entertaining since you didn't expect it haha.
    You must not be familiar with my history in these things.

    Perhaps you should ask neville about our Phalladventures.

    ·
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    so I'm guessing that there is resurrection as that is the only reason to stop dead people from talking.

    Or an ability that allows the ghosts of the dead to be asked questions... or an "undead" state where players still have a hidden influence on the game, etc.

    how about an ability that allows the dead to stalk the living and eat their souls?
    Honestly, I would be unsurprised to see a vampire mafia with a kill a night, with whoever they killed getting ressed as a vampire the day after. Either that + lots of other factions having a res available so you don't know exactly what they were raised as, or skip the "kill" part for that and just instantly convert. Maybe they get a kill + a convert per night.

    ·
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    !Well I guess I'll sign up, even though Joss Whedon sucks.

    You have been devoured by a grue. Or vampire.

    I'll make an exception and allow myself to be mafia this game, to destroy the Whedonverse.

    Because that is truly the side of good.
    You know that you're actually going to end up in a neutral, powerless team with me, right? And that we're going to get focused fire by like 5 different groups of people on Day 1?

    Also, hey people spread the word, because it looks like signups end in 4 hours if I'm not mistaken.

    I got 10 bucks that says you don't die on day 1.

    ·
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kime wrote: »
    (I will pretend I didn't see you screw up TTR :lol:)

    Hush, or you die second.

    ·
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    *facepalm*

    You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=7611175&postcount=2085

    Best ....death post....ever

    Spoiler:
    ·
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I will sign up if I can be the most evilest

    ·
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    *facepalm*

    You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=7611175&postcount=2085

    Best ....death post....ever

    Agreed.

    And Mr. D, you should have no trouble being evil. It comes naturally to you, it seems.

    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Stream - Offline
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    ·
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    !SIGN UP

    Am I too late?!

    ·
  • B:LB:L Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I will sign up if I can be the most evilest

    Let us work together to destroy the Whedonverse. It's not evil if it's an altruistic endeavor!

    Also, destroy kime second as requested.

    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    ·
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Got it.

    Step One destroy whedonverse
    Step Two destroy kime
    Step Three don't kill spectrum
    ?????
    Profit

    Spoiler:
    ·
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Honestly, I think i've held more evil roles than good.

    ·
  • EipnoomEipnoom Registered User
    edited July 2009
    !Signup

    ·
  • HounHoun Jeskai Elder Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    I will sign up if I can be the most evilest

    Let us work together to destroy the Whedonverse. It's not evil if it's an altruistic endeavor!

    Also, destroy kime second as requested.

    While I don't agree with your opinion, sir, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

    Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn
    ·
  • couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    I will sign up if I can be the most evilest

    Let us work together to destroy the Whedonverse. It's not evil if it's an altruistic endeavor!

    Also, destroy kime second as requested.

    While I don't agree with your opinion, sir, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

    Houn wants all votes towards B:L directed at him, you read it here first.

    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
    ·
Sign In or Register to comment.