As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Shadowrun3] [Session 3 7/28] Stealing magical prototypes for fun and profit

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... we're missing 3 people... should we perhaps postpone?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... we're missing 3 people... should we perhaps postpone?

I was asking this in the room before you joined. It's open for discussion if anybody has any opinions. I don't want to shirk my responsibility (because I have the tendency to avoid running games sometimes), so I'm going to leave it up to you guys.

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Game got canceled. Two elves and a dwarf walk into a troll bar. More to come when I get back.

Absalom, Esther, and Beagon:
    The bartender eyes you as soon as you walk into the Three Horn. The floor is solid concrete, and the walls are made of chipping plaster. This is the kind of place an ugly fragger goes when he doesn't want to get in trouble for messing up someone real pretty's face. There's a certain solidarity amongst the patrons that sets you on edge as they all watch you, ready to jump on whatever bandwagon were to form.

piL on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Esther is keeping quiet and sticking near Beagon.

She's opted against her normal fancy attire, going instead with old, non-descript military fatigues. She wants to look streetsy rather than rich.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Absalom is aware that he's an outsider here and won't look to cause trouble. He sticks close to Beagon, ready to talk down anyone who might try and start anything.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Beagon will walk up to the bar a few stools down from Ratchet and his girl, and look like he actually wants to be there with his back straight, keeping an eye on the troll to see if he notices him. "You two better be ready if things get hairy, i'm not exactly a brawler." he'll mutter to the elves.

(OOC: Oh god, we're a mage, a decker, and the face. Not exactly close combat characters. D:)

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((we're not here to fight, and not here to get in Ratchet's face. Things get hairy, we walk out.))

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    (Yeah, they'll just let us walk out if things get hairy. :P)

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((my point is that we walk out at the slightest sign of things going south. No point taking chances))

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Taking chances is half the fun.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((says the person with a force 4 water elemental))

After a minute or so, when Ratchet looks up as another beer is given to him, no questions asked, he notices you. His lips start to curl into a small smile followed by a quiet snicker. The grin broadens, and the laughter rises until it's booming across the room. A thick meaty hand, like a fat ham slams into his thigh as he simply watches the three of you for thirty long seconds. Some of the others around the room begin laughing too, although most of them probably don't know what they're laughing about. Finally, Ratchet gets a hold of himself and a serious look takes his face. He waves off the girl at his shoulder who takes the hint and promptly gets lost.

"Sorry--I know the three of you wouldn't be in a place like this unless it was serious. Want to take it outside?"

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((And a force 4 fire elemental.

i don't fuck around.))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "Nothing that serious, we're just here to have a chat with a chummer, we can do that inside, or outside."

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((i summon my fire elemental.

i tell it to Engulf the liquor racks.))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ((Wat D:))

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "Aye chummer," the troll turns back and takes a big swig of his drink, "What'cha need?"

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "Well, a mutual friend of ours is missing, and we were hoping you might be able to illuminate us to as her situation. The way we last parted casts a large amount of suspicion on you, but i'm a trusting chum. Any ideas on where she might be?"

Verr on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "You're talking about Rachael? Haven't seen her since I got back; figured the run got botched and she was just laying low. She probably would have told you about that though. I got a phone call while we were waiting for the negotiation. Something I had to take care of."

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Allright, I have the lie detector skill, so I want to see if he's telling the truth. However, I'm at work and don't have access to my char sheet or die, so it'll have to wait till tonight.

Meanwhile, I say: "Well, we're here, which means the run went through, but it's tough to get paid when our link to Mr. Johnson dissapears. If you know anything that can help, it might be some easy money for you."

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to need an etiquette test from Absalom.

Go ahead and do it on invisible castle, and roll as many times as necessary.

Example on how to roll/report:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2190422/ => 3, 5, 2, 3, 2, 6
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2190423/ => 6
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2190424/ => 5

Total: 17, 5, 3, 3, 2, 2

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't have my char sheet handy (back at work). I think my Etiquette is 6, can you confirm that, piL?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You have Etiquette/Corporate 4/6. This is not corporate.

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Meanwhile, I say: "Well, we're here, which means the run went through, but it's tough to get paid when our link to Mr. Johnson dissapears. If you know anything that can help, it might be some easy money for you."

Rachet leans in to whisper just loud enough for the three of you to hear:

"Yeah? Well, tell ya what I know. I haven't seen her since I got back, but I know she met that Johnson through Renaldo. He's a sparker-fixer; likes to hang out at Club Penumbra, or some place called 'Red City'. Only been to the first one."

Sparker n. Street slang for a mage, eg. "Damn, they got a sparker with em!"

I'm not sure if it's canon, but I like it.

piL on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Allright, I "discreetly" pull out my credstick and fiddle with it beneath my jacket.

"So what's this sparker look like? And what can you tell us about this Penumbra place?"

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If anyone has Shadowrunner Haunts as a skill, they can roll that.

"Old place. Downtown, kind of retro. Live bands. Renaldo's a human with blonde short hair. He wears a lot of jewelry and travels with two cute ork girls--one's got a chrome arm, you can't miss her."

He reads something on Absalom's face and smiles, "No--you'll be surprised."

piL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Esther, Beagon, you guys have anything else you need to know?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    is Esther had anything to ask, she'd ask it.

I was under the impression Beagon was going to be leading this conversation, anyway.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So did I, but i'm cool with the face stepping in. :P

Beagon's good.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I saw an opportunity, so I stepped in. Yes, it's true a wrong move in a ork/troll dive would have probably gotten us killed, but despite Beagon's best intentions and Troll-ness, he doesn't have any Charisma.

I'm a face, sugar-lips. If I'm not talking, what good am I? You can get pissed at me when I try to tell Esther how to summon an elemental or tell Beagon he's holding his chaingun wrong ;-)

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just went with it so things went faster. I should be more of a dick--but Rachet himself is a pro, so he doesn't care who he talks to. It's the other guys in the bar that are the issue.

How much are you paying Ratchet?

piL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Holy shit, if i'm holding a chaingun, something is very wrong. You can tell me how to hold that.

Also, when do we get to spend karma?

Verr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I saw an opportunity, so I stepped in. Yes, it's true a wrong move in a ork/troll dive would have probably gotten us killed, but despite Beagon's best intentions and Troll-ness, he doesn't have any Charisma.

I'm a face, sugar-lips. If I'm not talking, what good am I? You can get pissed at me when I try to tell Esther how to summon an elemental or tell Beagon he's holding his chaingun wrong ;-)

Stop with the pet names, I swear to god, that is creepy as shit.

Out of character especially.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Verr wrote: »
    Holy shit, if i'm holding a chaingun, something is very wrong. You can tell me how to hold that.

Also, when do we get to spend karma?

Whenever you want. Tell me what you're spending it on, and how much it costs, and how much you have left over when you're done. And do that in bold.

Example:

Raising Athletics from 2 to 3. Costs 6 karma. 2 karma left.

piL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Problem people:

I've run into some computer issues. I will not have regular access to a computer until parts come and I build a new one. This means I cannot run on Tuesday. It also means forum access will be limited.

Sorry to do this to everyone, and hopefully we can reconvene the next Tuesday.

piL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    No worries, we'll keep it alive in our hearts and minds.

Well, if Inns had a heart, he/she would.

Verr on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I have a heart.

It's pink as hell.

cz_pink_heart.jpg

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    piL wrote: »
    I just went with it so things went faster. I should be more of a dick--but Rachet himself is a pro, so he doesn't care who he talks to. It's the other guys in the bar that are the issue.

How much are you paying Ratchet?

Hmm... not sure how much info is worth these days. Since Absalom is a former corporate spy, I figure he must know what a fair amount is. I was thinking maybe a grand or two. Does that make sense? (consider this an interior monologue Absalom is having).

To INNS: The pet-name thing was in character, I just didn't put quotes. However, I do want to note that you seem to butt heads with me almost anytime I do something in game. At first I just figured this is how you were choosing to roleplay Esther, but I'm starting to thing that my playstyle is really a problem for you. If that's the case, let me know, and I'll bow out.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just don't like to get hit on (in or out of character.) Not constantly, anyway. I don't play female characters to be harassed.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just don't like to get hit on (in or out of character.) Not constantly, anyway. I don't play female characters to be harassed.

Well Absalom is a fast-talking, smarmy elf, who responds to hostility (which, to be fair, Esther has shown him a lot of) with smarm. Now, I'm a role-player over a power-gamer, especially in a game like Shadowrun, where imagination and character development (see: contacts and all the social skills) are more important than your standard hack-and-slash D&D clone, which is why I wanted to join this game. Now if you expect Absalom, or me, as a player, to just cowtow to you every time you criticise my ideas or plans, that's not going to happen. My imput as a player is just as valid as any other's, and my character was developed with the intent of being the "shaker and mover" while you and the others are more the "doers".

Absalom doesn't get to shine in combat, it's in social situations that he comes to the fore, and that means that sometimes, it might seem like I take over a little bit when we're in non-combat situations. It's not my intention to overshadow anyone or to make anyone uncomfortable, I'm just having fun playing the role of a sleazy former corporate spy who is used to having his way with people's emotions. I'm not here to cause drama or make anyone uncomfortable, so if that's what's happening here, I'll be on my way.

Romantic Undead on