As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadow Complex: The last liberal is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace. (new OP)

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait, Orson Scott Card is a crazy man? When did this happen?

Years ago. Google on him and homosexuality sometime.

Oh no! The man has an opinion!

Do us all a favor and never buy anything that has been worked on by a bigot again.

You'll have fun starving to death as you will also have absolutely nothing to entertain you.

He has an idiotic opinion.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Card's opinion about homosexuals influences a few decisions in my life.

I'll still buy his books and games based on them. I'll still enjoy Ender's Game.

I wouldn't give him the time of day if he started espousing his opinions to me. Nor would I ask him for a blowjob. That's about it.

P.S. This game is really fun and very pretty.

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait, Orson Scott Card is a crazy man? When did this happen?

Years ago. Google on him and homosexuality sometime.

Do us all a favor and never buy anything that has been worked on by a bigot again.

You'll have fun starving to death as you will also have absolutely nothing to entertain you.

Well that's your opinion, obviously.

Just saying if you avoid every little thing that has ever involved a bigot or racist or homophobe than you should just go ahead and sell off everything you own.

I'll sit down and enjoy Shadow Complex. Afterwards, I might enjoy a viewing of The Road Warrior and maybe listen to some Elvis.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's up. At least, I'm downloading. Based in the UK, I was able to use this link, which is the Dutch marketplace, to add it to my download queue, which my Xbox spotted.

area on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    area wrote: »
    It's up. At least, I'm downloading. Based in the UK, I was able to use this link, which is the Dutch marketplace, to add it to my download queue, which my Xbox spotted.

It's only letting me download the trial from this. Hopefully once I get it on my machine I can unlock it right away.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I didn't realize that Nolan North (Nathan Drake of Uncharted) was doing the voice of the main character.

This is the game that keeps on giving.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Not out in US yet, trial or full. =/

Morkath on
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Got the trial, wont let me unlock the full yet :?

Looks stunning though.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well that's your opinion, obviously.

Just saying if you avoid every little thing that has ever involved a bigot or racist or homophobe than you should just go ahead and sell off everything you own.

I'll sit down and enjoy Shadow Complex. Afterwards, I might enjoy a viewing of The Road Warrior and maybe listen to some Elvis.

That seems... kind of hostile and condescending? I might not commit to avoiding everything Card, but I'm not entirely unsympathetic to people who do, either. It seems like the same sort of deal as boycotting businesses owned or run by people who donated to Proposition 8 in California, and most of those donators were a lot less outspoken on the matter than Card.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well I would really like to purchase and play this game, but all that's showing up for me is just the trailers as of yet. Soon. Soon! Hopefully.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah looks like the dirty UK bastards got it first this time. :P

Also, take the card discussion elsewhere before you get this thread locked.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maybe, but I've always found that attitude pretty entertaining.

Some people or groups might seem closed-minded to you, whether they're against gays or gay rights or whatever, but from their point of view, you're just as closed-minded as they are because you won't accept that they just straight-up don't agree with you.

So instead people will boycott and do rallies and other stupid things that convince no one except people that were already on your side. People just love to bitch about things, it seems, rather than accepting things as they are.

Mini-rant over, and back to Shadow Complex. I stopped the download on the trial 'cause I didn't know if trying to buy it on the American account while downloading the trial from another region would 'cause any fuck-ups. Still not up yet. :?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000000-0000-4000-8000-0000584108f6

Link to queue up the trial if you can't see the full game.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They added it to the New Arrivals section but alas nothing new was added yet.....

Maybe should grab breakfast check back in another half hour or so.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    US link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000000-0000-4000-8000-0000584108f6

From what I hear, it is doing the error thing when you try and unlock the full version. In my experience, just keep trying to unlock it, and it will go through eventually (10 mins or so lol)

Edit: Beat

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well I'm downloading it now. Yay! Clicked through and it's finally listed in the downloads.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Woo! Full game is up!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I downloaded from that dutch link posted ago. No problems with the demo, and I just managed to unlock the full game now. No problems so far, everything seems all right.

Pretty bitchin' game, from the 10 minutes I've played.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Getting non-stop error codes when trying to unlock.

I refuse to play before it unlocks!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    full version still isn't out, but I played the demo via the link above and it is pretty damn fun

have to sleep now, but when I get home tommorrow im playing the shit out of this.

Morkath on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man, guess I got hella lucky. Unlocked on the first go. :)

Spider tank down. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Full game up, got it off the website and queued it to my already turned on 360. Whee!

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ok go here to unlock full version from US, doesn't seem to work from in xbox, but here does.
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-0000584108f6?cid=SLink

e:
    just to clarify, it is unlocked in game after doing this, you just can't seem to unlock via in game.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    Ok go here to unlock full version from US, doesn't seem to work from in xbox, but here does.
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/00000001-0000-4000-8000-0000584108f6?cid=SLink

e:
    just to clarify, it is unlocked in game after doing this, you just can't seem to unlock via in game.

I owe you so much.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hahahaha

I love how "average ordinary Joes" (like the hero in this and Nathan in Uncharted) seem to be able to put Air Jordan and Persian Princes to shame, respectively.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Downloading now, will play in 11 and a half hours when I get home from work. :(

SteevL on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So can I buy from the Dutch link since it's EU, or do I specifically have to buy from the UK? The UK site/interface STILL hasn't got it listed (lazy bastards...).

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh my God that intro fucking ruled!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also, Uncharted fans will be happy to know that not only does Nolan North voice Jason, but he's also sporting the half-tuck.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Airan wrote: »
    So can I buy from the Dutch link since it's EU, or do I specifically have to buy from the UK? The UK site/interface STILL hasn't got it listed (lazy bastards...).

I bought it from the Dutch link and am nowhere near Europe, although I am half Dutch!

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ok after staying up way too late;

tons of fun, definatly worth the points.
    they need to add a small delay on the right bumper, it's too easy to fire off two specials when you only meant for one.
    To use the hook, aim your gun where you want it to hit, then hit it.

Morkath on
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Morkath wrote: »

e:

I owe you so much.

Sweet thank you for that, time to put my insomnia to good use, screw the rest of it. Straight to Insane!!!! (if I can withstand it.)

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Airan wrote: »

I bought it from the Dutch link and am nowhere near Europe, although I am half Dutch!

I have to enter a pre-purchase code? What the hell?

[edit]Looks like all UK'ers are affected. GODDAMMIT GORDON BROWN SORT THIS OUT! :P

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wheee, number 1 on the Fire In the Hole leaderboards. That doesn't happen often.

Well, technically number 2, since the first guy got precisely 100000 points, so he definitely cheated.

Liking this game so far, though I'm not digging the floaty jumps, and it really needs a proper soundtrack.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wasn't expecting the file size to be so huge. Only 80% downloaded :( I had to download the trial version as well since the full game gave me errors. But it has finally just allowed me to unlock the full game.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just beat it. Was a little surprised at the last battle - felt large but I didn't know I was getting into it.

Definitely going to play it again tomorrow.

Edit: Gotta love getting a game early - I'm number 3 on the Best Score for Campaign on the leaderboards. That won't last :)

Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am liking the story more than I expected based on the reviews. Nothing in particular about it is special, and it's kind of cliched and corny, but it is somehow still engaging, perhaps because it is well-paced and keeps the protagonist's goal just out of reach. Provides a good motivation to play on, besides the excellent gameplay of course.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    EliteBattlemanEliteBattleman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This game is everything I'd hoped it would be.

EliteBattleman on
    This is my sig.
    There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is pretty awesome, I gotta say. Just what I've been hoping for so far.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, regarding the story, it's cool that the main character actually notices the fact that he's killing hundreds and hundreds of people, and remarks on the fact that he doesn't like having to do it. How many games even bother to pay lip service to that?

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.