As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nazi tank girls invade Xbox 360 in Japan (NSFW!)

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

spd_20060806152308_b.jpg?
    hawt

Ironically, this is the only Sakura Taisen game that will be likely released in the US. Nevermind that the movie, TV series, and an assload of OVAs were all brought over no problem by a half-dozen different companies.

You can blame Sega USA for that. There's lots of rumors about why it's never happened until now. I've heard that Working Designs pursued it and Sega(more specifically Bernie Stolar) said 'ha ha ha no', and that later Sega tried getting other companies to do it, and only NIS America stepped up.

And it's taken them more than a year to get V off the ground.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

hawt

Ironically, this is the only Sakura Taisen game that will be likely released in the US. Nevermind that the movie, TV series, and an assload of OVAs were all brought over no problem by a half-dozen different companies.

You can blame Sega USA for that. There's lots of rumors about why it's never happened until now. I've heard that Working Designs pursued it and Sega(more specifically Bernie Stolar) said 'ha ha ha no', and that later Sega tried getting other companies to do it, and only NIS America stepped up.

Yeah, probably. 'Course, I don't really think V will reach the US either. They said the same thing about 1 and 2 when they were released for the PS2. Even gave us a US logo. Bullshit.

Why, I have no idea. Just one of those things, I guess.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

hawt

Yeah, probably. 'Course, I don't really think V will reach the US either. They said the same thing about 1 and 2 when they were released for the PS2. Even gave us a US logo. Bullshit.

Miraculously, it seems like it will happen.

http://www.nisamerica.com/images/email/Sakura_dual_20090708.pdf

I'm still in a cautiously optimistic 'I'll believe it when I see it' phase, but it's the best chance we've had yet. (Now if only someone would localize the PSP ports of 1 & 2...)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Honestly though, I wouldn't say America itself has normal views of sex either. Japan may be another extreme, but Europe also has more lax views of sex than America. They do seem to view violence the same way America views sex though so they ain't perfect either.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited July 2009

hawt

Miraculously, it seems like it will happen.

http://www.nisamerica.com/images/email/Sakura_dual_20090708.pdf

I'm still in a cautiously optimistic 'I'll believe it when I see it' phase, but it's the best chance we've had yet. (Now if only someone would localize the PSP ports of 1 & 2...)

Right, they did appear on PSP. I'd buy a PSP for that. I'm sure you can still snag one of the thins with that new PSP GO coming out.

Well, at least my PS3 has BC, even if it is software. I use it primarily for PS2 games anyway. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's still annoying that only the fifth game is being brought over. Christ, at least distribute 1 and 2. I don't even expect a dual soundtrack or anything fancy, just translate the freaking text.

Oh, yeah, and uh....tanks and nazis and little girls and whatnot. Something about that.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dracil wrote: »
    Honestly though, I wouldn't say America itself has normal views of sex either. Japan may be another extreme, but Europe also has more lax views of sex than America. They do seem to view violence the same way America views sex though so they ain't perfect either.
    America definitely has their own sex issues to deal with, no doubt about it. I think the issues we see in Japan are in a whole other league, though.

Americans, for instance, have extremely unrealistic concepts about what sex is and should be; Japan has a widespread obsession with underage girls to the point that it has a name and has become a hotly discussed cultural phenomenon, both in Japan and internationally.

The reason this game is controversial, though, isn't really so much because of the sexual aspect (we've all gotten used to seeing bizarre shit like this, at least on the internet), but because the backdrop for the game is something that, in our own culture, sets off ringing alarms that say this sort of treatment of the subject matter is extremely inappropriate (that, and the use of ethnic stereotypes).

Of course, Japan apparently uses cutesy imagery in their modern-day military recruitment campaigns, at least according to wikipedia... so I guess we really shouldn't be too surprised about it.

Duffel on
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Carmaggedon is something that all Americans, if asked about, should blatantly deny to the point of threatening violence, because in a country in which tens of thousands of people die every year from car accidents, road rage, and general automotive violence (in 2006, it was +90,000, if you include incidents relating to alcohol), a game where you basically commit automotive genocide in the pursuit of cash so that you can more efficient commit said genocide is not only relevant, but absolutely abhorrent.

That might work in other countries, where vehicular manslaughter or vehicular homicide are rare, unusual occurrences, whether due to a lack of automobiles or just much more stringently enforced road laws (Japan, South Korea, Belarus). Here, it is absolutely morally repugnant.

I know I would. And I fucking loved the game. Sequel was awesome too.

Seriously, shit is fucked up. No excuse about it.

Eloquently put, and a perfect example of how bizarrely inconsistent we can be even about the issue of violence. I mean, the 2006 vehicle deaths statistic is basically thirty 9/11s in a single year. A game about 9/11 would have most of us sick to our stomachs to even watch someone play, but a game fetishizing a much wider tragedy is a guilty pleasure we can admit to enjoying. I don't know how we (myself included) can think that way, but we do.

I'm all for calling Japan's culture on its bizarre inconsistencies, as long as we call ours too.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The vast majority of vehicle accidents aren't because of a guy deciding that running over people would be a fun sport. They are mostly due to drunken idiots or people not paying proper attention. A game where you played as a 9/11 hijacker is about a specific event that people believe should be treated seriously because it was fairly recent. Given enough time, a game about it wouldn't be considered inappropriate. The reason the Japanese not treating WWII seriously is considered inappropriate here is because there is still a lot of controversy surrounding it there.

As for violence being considered fun, that is pretty much part of every society. The main difference between them is the amount of gore that is considered fun. For example, Advance Wars compared to Myth. Both involve the depiction of war in which tons of people are slaughtered. One just happens to deal with it by having the commanders politely talking to each other while they send their men to their deaths. The other depicts the corpses as remaining on the battlefield after death.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Carmaggedon is something that all Americans, if asked about, should blatantly deny to the point of threatening violence, because in a country in which tens of thousands of people die every year from car accidents, road rage, and general automotive violence (in 2006, it was +90,000, if you include incidents relating to alcohol), a game where you basically commit automotive genocide in the pursuit of cash so that you can more efficient commit said genocide is not only relevant, but absolutely abhorrent.

That might work in other countries, where vehicular manslaughter or vehicular homicide are rare, unusual occurrences, whether due to a lack of automobiles or just much more stringently enforced road laws (Japan, South Korea, Belarus). Here, it is absolutely morally repugnant.

Eloquently put, and a perfect example of how bizarrely inconsistent we can be even about the issue of violence. I mean, the 2006 vehicle deaths statistic is basically thirty 9/11s in a single year. A game about 9/11 would have most of us sick to our stomachs to even watch someone play, but a game fetishizing a much wider tragedy is a guilty pleasure we can admit to enjoying. I don't know how we (myself included) can think that way, but we do.

I'm all for calling Japan's culture on its bizarre inconsistencies, as long as we call ours too.

People don't want to do that. Really, no one does, in any culture.

Honestly, Americans, as a culture, love their cars--and deep down, in places we'd rather not admit exist, I'm pretty sure we love the idea of pulverizing other people with them as a way to demonstrate our power, our independence, and our individuality--me, the person in the car, versus them, everyone else in traffic who needs to fuck off and die--all core American principles. It's absolutely fucked up, beyond any sort of reasonable doubt, but that doesn't change the fact Carmaggedon is a goddamn awesome game, one that you could buy in any worthwhile store that sound PC games, so it is completely mainstream beyond any reasonable doubt.

Yes, it had a 'M' rating (the first one came around when the ESRB was still pretty new, right?). That doesn't make it any less morally repugnant. It's literally the equivalent of releasing a game about pirate violence in Yemen or even Somalia, in which the main objective isn't to steal things, but to kill as many innocent bystanders as possible. Vehicular injury, death, and homicide are part of American life. Everyone knows people who died or crippled in car accidents. I certainly do, and I've only been an American for less than six years. We just don't care, because we get to turn between one and two-thousand people into bleeding red spots on the ground in each stage, person by person. Of course, the funny part is that there were people who pitched a fit over deplorable shit like this (everyone remember real-life Droopy Dog Joe "Think of the Children" Lieberman?), and people on this forum, myself included, hate his guts for it. How pissed off would we be about a game that simulated the September 11th attacks? And graded you depending on how many people you killed with a plane?

But if you do it with a car, you get one of the most awesome, nostalgically-loved 'racing' games ever released. Nevermind what kills more people, or what leads to more suffering each year. And still happens every year, like clockwork. Seriously, it's some pretty impressive cognitive dissonance.

Worse part is, now I want to reinstall that game, but I always had trouble getting it running on XP, much less Vista...
    Couscous wrote: »
    Given enough time, a game about it wouldn't be considered inappropriate. The reason the Japanese not treating WWII seriously is considered inappropriate here is because there is still a lot of controversy surrounding it there.

There's no easy equation as to when sort a thing can be looked upon in an entertainment matter, and 'Tragedy x Time = Video Game IP' doesn't hold up. Japan's Pacific War ended more than sixty years ago. On the other hand, it caused immeasurable destruction, death and depravity. Developers are starting to make games about the Vietnam Conflict, where you get to blast the crap out of those yellow commies, and they haven't sold well--but it's hardly because of moral outrage.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How pissed off would we be about a game that simulated the September 11th attacks? And graded you depending on how many people you killed with a plane?
    That is because it is about a specific event. What if you just had it so you were controlling a plane in a city and were supposed to cause as much property damage as possible with it?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How pissed off would we be about a game that simulated the September 11th attacks? And graded you depending on how many people you killed with a plane?
    That is because it is about a specific event. What if you just had it so you were controlling a plane in a city and were supposed to cause as much property damage as possible with it?

Well, so far, there's never been an example of that being an American city. Within flight simulators, few of them are set in a modern time period. Even fewer actually support attacking the buildings of a city, with the necessary modeling for it. None of them involve a civilian airliner.

In other words, I'd say pretty goddamn pissed. Even if it was River City, USA, with the Airblow 911 Jet Liner. Someone would be pissed, anyway. The rest of us might just feign moral outrage and snap it up like it was crack. After all, you can already do it in a car, nice and personal-like, to old ladies, women in bikinis, jaywalkers, dogs, etc.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would buy, play and enjoy a game about 9/11, if you could try smashing your planes into different sections of the towers to see which locations cause maximum carnage. I would while away many an hour toppling both towers with a single plane, trying to get the fastest collapse time, and pulling off ludicrous trick shots like bouncing a plane's burning wreck off dozens of nearby buildings and then ploughing it into the ground floor of tower one.

It'd be a great party game, too, if your friends weren't all crybabies.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, it would be Carmaggedon with planes. Which, taken by itself, is awesome (still morally horrific and disgusting).

They'd have to figure out somewhere to work in blood stains and gibblets and bikinis and whatnot. I'm sure they could.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure this particular game series isn't actually considered NSFW though. They're more like PG as far as they're concerned and it's really just fanservice (no actual sex scenes).

Maybe for you prudish puritans.

Is there even any actual H games for 360? I don't think there is.

donhonk on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well let's take pirates. Pretty much every culture fetishizes them. Monkey island, pirates of the carribean, etc. Pirating people isn't exactly considered nice behavior (see Somalian pirates).

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    donhonk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this particular game series isn't actually considered NSFW though. They're more like PG as far as they're concerned and it's really just fanservice (no actual sex scenes).

Maybe for you prudish puritans.

Is there even any actual H games for 360? I don't think there is.

I don't believe there are H games for *any* consoles actually. They're strictly relegated to the PC. PC H games put on the consoles get censored. e.g. Fate/Stay Night, Baldr Force.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The fetishes tend to be directed as the romantic image of 16th century (yeah, that seems like a good century) pirates on the high seas, rather than modern piracy in the Indian Ocean and around Somalia.

Which is still messed up, given they were murderous criminals who regularly tortured, raped, enslave and pillage innocent people and unarmed ships. Their very occupation is, by definition, 'terrorism'--as in it was their objective to spread terror of themselves in order to force concessions.

'Course, you could say the same thing about the Vikings, who did the same rape, torture, slave-trading, and people still think they're the shit. For some reason, the Mongol Hordes haven't quite benefited from the same 'cool' factor--presumably because, unlike Vikings and most popular pirates, they weren't white?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    There are already a decent number of games about causing as much destruction to something as possible. A game where you could do it with a plane would be very fun. If you get any larger than that, it becomes hard to truly appreciate all the damage you are causing in the game. If it was just about the driving it into the Twin Towers, it would get boring so the game would need a diverse range of buildings to hit. The Twin Towers wouldn't even be that interesting. There are more interesting buildings to destroy like the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, the Sydney Opera House, etc.

Couscous on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would buy a game about flying planes into shit, if it had the same level of destruction as Red Faction: Guerrilla i would probably buy it twice.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

oh come on. theres a big difference between japan killing 20 million civilians in a short span of time and people dying in car accidents. not to mention the raping of cultures and it's people...

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    Hetalia Axis Powers, a recent (and surprisingly funny) anime comedy show, seems incredibly relevant.

Meet Japan, Germany and Italy.
    hetalia-axis-power-tada.jpg

Oh my God. I must watch this.

There's a similar series featuring anthropomorphic countries that depicts the events of 2001 by Afganistan's cat biting the US.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    scootch wrote: »

oh come on. theres a big difference between japan killing 20 million civilians in a short span of time and people dying in car accidents. not to mention the raping of cultures and it's people...

Actually, we weren't comparing the two. I've yet to hear of Japan releasing a FPS with the player in the role of soldier in the military during the Pacific War....ever. Much less attempting to historically replicate brutal events like the Rape of Nanking.

We were speaking more of actually, you know, more relevant recent depravity. Like, you know, video games. Because US Marines collected and bleached skulls from the recently dead, along with fingers, ears, etc., to send back to the mainland as souvenirs or to collect prizes from government-sponsored radio programs.

This was more to do with disgusting video games, in which case committing vehicular homicide, over and over again, fits the criteria.
    Kelor wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    Hetalia Axis Powers, a recent (and surprisingly funny) anime comedy show, seems incredibly relevant.

Meet Japan, Germany and Italy.
    hetalia-axis-power-tada.jpg

Oh my God. I must watch this.

There's a similar series featuring anthropomorphic countries that depicts the events of 2001 by Afganistan's cat biting the US.

The Afghanis-tan Comics were intended by the creator to be supremely sympathetic to the actual Afghan people in a time where the rest of the world basically green-lit a massive military campaign and there was a conspicuous ignorance of the civilian casualties that would result from it. I think some people pitched fits about the adaptation of the September 11th attack, but it wasn't really that well known to start with.

I think it's part of the inspiration of Hetalia though.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This has gotten way off topic.

rayofash on
  • Options
    BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No no, I'm pretty sure we're still discussing weird shit from japan.

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the reason carmageddon is morally reprehensible isnt because lots of people die in car accidents, its because it is glorifying and trivializing wanton violence, brutality, and murder. car accident statistics dont have anything to do with it. might as well say all games featuring guns are morally reprehensible because however many people accidentally shoot themselves each year in the US. the games may or may not be morally reprehensible, but theres no connection.

anyway about the game in question. i would it if i had the chance because it looks like it could be a good strategy game. then it happens to have a bunch of absurdity thrown on top, which is amusing in its own way.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shaquar wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Shaquar wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Japan has little or no standards really when it comes to media. Hell, it didn't bother them to play Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault and kill Japanese people with an American soldier. I'm not sure if it kept the racial slurs either. I'm kind of surprised World at War hasn't been released there.
    If we're going by that standard I'm a pretty sick bastard cause I killed a lot of my countrymen with American soldiers in videogames.

Isn't most of that content filter there though? Did World at War have the Nazi swastika present? Was it even released? Not trying to sound hostile but I'd like to know considering how much the German government cracks down on video game violence.

Yeah, the swastikas get removed in any video game but that doesn't change the fact that I'm playing an American shooting down Germans. They don't relabel the factions with some fantasy names. What I was trying to say that we don't have a problem shooting down Nazi Germans in videogames. We know that our country was the bad guys back then. I mean, look at the Indiana Jones movies. We love them.

To clear up on how violent videogames are handled here I'll explain the process:

The USK (the german ESRB basically) gives ratings for all games released here. Those ratings can be "free for all" or various age restrictions (6, 12, 16 or 18 to be precise). The USK also can deny a rating if they think the game is "too violent" (there is no exact definition for this). This happend, for example for Gears of War. If this happens, the game may still be sold to adults and advertised but it can be put on the "Index" by a government institution called the BPJS but only if it's requested by a youth welfare office, a school or a few other institutions (too lazy to look that up now).

If a game is on the index it may still be sold to adults but it may not be advertised at all. It's basically in the same category as hardcore porn now. I can still buy it and rent it, but it's in the adult section or I have to ask for it specifically.

Most of the publishers that don't get a rating by the USK (which basically is a protection from the index) will modify their games for the german market untill they do, while others (like Valve) modify it preemptively. This is why the german version of TF always shows those party mode death animations. Some publishers, like Microsoft, don't do this and just not release the game in Germany at all which is why Gears of War wasn't released here. By law they wouldn't have to do this, they just do it because releasing a game if they can't market it because it's on the index it's just not worth it for them. Mind you, I can still buy the game from amazon.co.uk or other european countries and there is nothing illegal about that.

I don't mind this system. I'm an adult, so I can buy any game I want and that's pretty much how it's always has been. Actually the law was revamped for the better a few years ago. Before this, the BPJS could just put any video game on the index it felt like putting there.

All of this, assumes that the game doesn't contain any of the things I talked about earlier (like sedition, Nazi symbols and so on). Than it might actually be forbidden as in "giving it to anyone is a crime". I don't remember the last time this happend.

Now, what you read on news sites about "German government cracking down on games" is a whole nother story. Whenever some nutjob shoots up a school (which sadly happend a few month ago here) the mainstream media, church and politicans need to find something to show to the public and say: "This is what caused the problem. The nutjob did X before shooting up the school, so we're going to ban X. Be happy!" and the public will say "Thank you politican, you saved us. We're going to vote for you!".

Gaming doesn't really have a lobby here, so it's just the natural victim for this. Mind you, nothing really ever comes from this. They will talk a lot about it until the general public forgot about the incidient and no actual laws will have been passed.

Wasn't Counter-Strike recently banned from lan-houses or tournaments in Germany, though?

Impersonator on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The fetishes tend to be directed as the romantic image of 16th century (yeah, that seems like a good century) pirates on the high seas, rather than modern piracy in the Indian Ocean and around Somalia.

Which is still messed up, given they were murderous criminals who regularly tortured, raped, enslave and pillage innocent people and unarmed ships. Their very occupation is, by definition, 'terrorism'--as in it was their objective to spread terror of themselves in order to force concessions.

'Course, you could say the same thing about the Vikings, who did the same rape, torture, slave-trading, and people still think they're the shit. For some reason, the Mongol Hordes haven't quite benefited from the same 'cool' factor--presumably because, unlike Vikings and most popular pirates, they weren't white?

I was thinking of the Vikings too, but decided they're on the order of millenia instead of centuries.

There's definitely that white thing though.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I was thinking of the Vikings too, but decided they're on the order of millenia instead of centuries.

There's definitely that white thing though.

Honestly, I have no idea why. I don't think Vikings are all that cool. Then again, I don't think many things from the Dark Ages in the hellhole that was Europe at the time is worthy of 'cool'. I mean, they're a bunch of bearded drunk dudes with funny helmets with horns.

To me, that says, hilarious and a little sad, but not cool. I guess their boats were kind of cool, in that they were extremely impressive feats of engineering. But the Vikings themselves?

To my knowledge, the Mongols did something comprable--but instead of crafting impressive boats and growing wine in distant lands, they conquered and secured tribute from a landmass from Korea to the Rhine. That's damned impressive, even if it meant, ultimately, they vanished into the lands they conquered. But they're rarely the subject of cool.

Honestly, I think it's a race thing. I mean, most people who romanticize the Vikings are white, after all. Not necessarily malicious, just that it's harder to relate to.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Weird. Mecha Mitsune meets a Axis Powers Hetalia ripoff. What the hell.

KiTA on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What a great thread.

And we all have our taboo entertainments as societies. For America you don't have to look any further than the music scene. Check out GG Allin sometime. One of my personal favorites is Wendy O Williams. How many times was she arrested for sex acts in public? Sure, it's idiocy, but hey idiocy is fun at times. If you try to purge these sorts of things from society, look out, that's a slippery slope for sure. I'd rather have Bodycount putting out songs like Cop Killer than live in a society where I had to watch my every word or thought from fear of being designated for cleansing.

The pursuit of purity is dangerous.

Drake on
  • Options
    MadBlackGentMadBlackGent Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gaijinsmash is a racist idiot who spews non stop lies and for that matter the vast majority of you have no idea what the holy hell you're talking about.

Not everyone has the stupid weird double standards on World War 2 sentimentality. Tank girls weird? Not as weird the horde of 13 year old boys tbagging each other in every World War 2 fps out there. Funny how you pitiful boobs keep blabbing about how Japan was in World War 2 when your own fighting 442 was made up of Japanese Americans. Those same Americans that have to absorb your dumbass racism from every "Japan is weird" internet masturbation session.

MadBlackGent on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Mongols have been less familiar than the Vikings to people for a really long time. The romanticized view of them has been around since the German took a liking to them in the 1800s. You haven't had anythiong like that for the Mongols. Of course, it was probably because of racism on the part of the people back then that they didn't do anything about the Mongols despite having been big in Russia and many other areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_revival

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Not as weird the horde of 13 year old boys tbagging each other in every World War 2 fps out there.
    Because we just love that around here. I am sure all of us approve of teabagging and think it is just awesome and not at all annoying and juvenile. M'yup.
    Funny how you pitiful boobs keep blabbing about how Japan was in World War 2 when your own fighting 442 was made up of Japanese Americans.
    WWII outside of the dropping of the atomic bomb isn't an issue here. Even with the atomic bomb, it doesn't cause controversy very often. It is still an issue over there for a variety of reasons. Since when did we say that the Japanese are weird because of their race?

Couscous on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gaijinsmash is a racist idiot who spews non stop lies and for that matter the vast majority of you have no idea what the holy hell you're talking about.

Not everyone has the stupid weird double standards on World War 2 sentimentality. Tank girls weird? Not as weird the horde of 13 year old boys tbagging each other in every World War 2 fps out there. Funny how you pitiful boobs keep blabbing about how Japan was in World War 2 when your own fighting 442 was made up of Japanese Americans. Those same Americans that have to absorb your dumbass racism from every "Japan is weird" internet masturbation session.

K-A, is that you?

Anyway, aside from the fact that I doubt Azrael is racist (at least against Japanese) he even married a Japanese women. And for those that have read his blog, I found this amusing:

azraelbc2.jpg

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's like saying since Strom Thurmond diddled his black maid he would have no problem with me shtupping his white daughter. You have no idea what the hell is going on do you?

MadBlackGent on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Mongols have been less familiar than the Vikings to people for a really long time. The romanticized view of them has been around since the German took a liking to them in the 1800s. You haven't had anythiong like that for the Mongols. Of course, it was probably because of racism on the part of the people back then that they didn't do anything about the Mongols despite having been big in Russia and many other areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_revival

I know that within Kazakhstan, southern Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikstan, and of course Mongolia, among many people there is a shared source of national pride about the history of the Mongol Hordes. Which is understandable, as a lot of people in each of these countries claim to be the inheritors of those legacies: they're their samurais, cowboys, knights, etc. But unlike knights, samurais, and cowboys, the Horde conquered the area between Southeast China and Scandinavia. Not bad, considering you're not supposed to fight a land war in Asia.

The US inherits German, as well as Anglo-Saxon, culture, so it's not too surprise that we see the raping murderous looting of the Horde as bad but the raping murderous looting of the Vikings as awesome. Cultural hypocrisy, sort of.

Also, Bakkareth, I'm sure it wasn't your intent, but in any case that's not the original work. This is. I have a peeve about this sort of thing, even though it really isn't related to the subject. The original is much more, well, American.
    Azumanga_Hates_Ice_Cube_by_mastafuu.jpg

Synthesis on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's like saying since Strom Thurmond diddled his black maid he would have no problem with me shtupping his white daughter. You have no idea what the hell is going on do you?

You sound like a wonderfully sane person.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You don't have to be sane (and I'm not all that sane hence the username) to spot BS my friend. Racists do compartmentalize or are just flat hypocrites. Why else the hell would anyone bring up to who they were married to, to disprove their racism? It's a ridiculous concept. I know some brothas out there who loooooooove the white women. Do you think they always love white men too? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MadBlackGent on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yep, batshit insane.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And what is so "insane" about my position? Are you ever going to clarify anything or are you going to spam one liners?

MadBlackGent on
This discussion has been closed.