As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows freezing for 20 seconds when I disconnect my MP3 player

atkbobatkbob Registered User regular
I'm currently running Windows 7 (I'm not sure if this was W7 specific so I didn't put it in the megathread) and when I disconnect my mp3 player, Windows freezes for about 20 seconds. However, I am not disabling the USB device before I disconnect it because the USB icon doesn't show up on the system tray. Instead, a taskbar icon displays when I connect the device, as can be seen here. But, I can't find any options to disconnect the device using that taskbar icon or it's corresponding window. So, either:

1) How do I stop the freezing, or
2) How can I properly disconnect the device before physically pulling out the USB cord?

atkbobsig4kp5me8zl.png
atkbob on

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Your icons don't show up like in XP, you have to click that little arrow and then the taskbar icons show up. There should be a device icon with a green checkmark, click on that and then Remove Safely and see if that does it.

freakish light on
  • Options
    atkbobatkbob Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nope, there's no USB icon there either (I'm referring to the arrow next to the Steam icon).

atkbob on
    atkbobsig4kp5me8zl.png