Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Anime] '09 Preview of Fall Anime is the fall of anime.

1575859606163»

Posts

  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do the streaming site thing. I'm a huge proponent of buying DVDs or otherwise legally watching licensed anime. ANN, Funimation, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and some other places.

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • Dac VinDac Vin found out what Love is and it turned out to be forbidden. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do the streaming site thing. I'm a huge proponent of buying DVDs or otherwise legally watching licensed anime. ANN, Funimation, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and some other places.

    Will do - merging it and the special deals in one mega "legal stuff" section.

    Dac Vin on
    camo_sig.png
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Mods don't like pre-emptive new threads.

    Wtf did Pika do to the OP? Broken tags everywhere!

    juice for jesus on
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    That's just insulting, I think DBZ is bad but I'm not going to insinuate that it only appeals to people who are equal parts retards and psychopaths.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    made a copy of the thread so it could be cut n pasted.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ...

    So anyway, I'm going through my second viewing of Hidamari Sketch. Thanks again, blkmage, for recommending it. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who didn't know this, but did you know the VA of that little green mascot thing is the actual author of the manga? And that she even sang on her own character album? Now that's cooperation!

    Falx on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    504x_1_05.jpg

    Hexmage-PA on
    Friend Code: 1590-5696-7916
    Friend Safari Type: Rock
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is that monster trying to eat Master Chief?

    *chomp*

    emnmnme on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hate to do this, I really do, but look at his mouth
    he is clearly shooping the whoop

    Olivaw on
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I hate to do this, I really do, but look at his mouth
    he is clearly shooping the whoop

    How did I not see that? I'm loosing my meme-detection touch in my old age. I think I need to visit 4chan again for a heavy dose of immaturity. I knew buying that dryer was a bad idea.

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No one needs to visit 4chan ever

    Not EVER

    Olivaw on
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
  • Dac VinDac Vin found out what Love is and it turned out to be forbidden. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Excepted /po/ and /tg/ which are actually nice [strike]boat[/strike]boards - the rest can go burn in hell.

    Dac Vin on
    camo_sig.png
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I visited 4chan yesterday. Found a nice picture of the K-On! cast. :winky:

    juice for jesus on
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    That's just insulting, I think DBZ is bad but I'm not going to insinuate that it only appeals to people who are equal parts retards and psychopaths.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul

    Olivaw on
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul

    You visited /d/ recently, didn't you?

    Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul
    /u/ represent

    Spectrum on
  • Dac VinDac Vin found out what Love is and it turned out to be forbidden. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul
    /u/ represent

    *insert surprise face here over Scep frequesting /u/*

    No seriously, /po/ has to be the single nicest board of all 4chan, but again, all the small boards are like this. Sometimes I get to /jp/ for Touhou news.

    And everyone hates /b/ in everywhere that ain't /b/.

    Dac Vin on
    camo_sig.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul

    You visited /d/ recently, didn't you?

    Actually I've never visited any of it!

    I'm very proud of that

    Olivaw on
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
    Never forget.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul

    You visited /d/ recently, didn't you?

    Actually I've never visited any of it!

    I'm very proud of that
    Is that like Dac not watching School Days?

    Spectrum on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, there's a new chapter of Mirai Nikki.
    Looks like Nishijima bites it. And Yuno somehow is able to cut multiple people in half. Yuki seems pretty nonchalant about all of this. Seems that this is going to all wrap up soon, maybe.

    Zandracon on
  • SomethingorotherSomethingorother Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    There is no section of that website which is less evil than any other

    It is all one great dark pit into the void at the heart of every human soul
    /u/ represent

    *insert surprise face here over Scep frequesting /u/*

    No seriously, /po/ has to be the single nicest board of all 4chan, but again, all the small boards are like this. Sometimes I get to /jp/ for Touhou news.

    And everyone hates /b/ in everywhere that ain't /b/.
    I can't surf /b/ anymore; nothing good comes from it. It was honestly funnier when people just spammed memes and combos constantly. Ever since I found this thread though, I'm an /a/ and /c/ man. There are some terrible things to be said about any board on 4chan, let alone /a/, /c/, /u/, or /d/, you just have to skip over the stuff that you don't like and search for the things that you do.

    Also nice boards??!? Kidding, but I'm still surprised. Checking out /po/ now and damn, those are some excellent oragami pokemon.

    Somethingorother on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2009
    They made a lot of changes to Rakkyo #06's entire structure that I really don't like.

    Hmm.

    Aroduc on
  • Dac VinDac Vin found out what Love is and it turned out to be forbidden. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    While we're waiting for a closure, Saki 07
    ...Show, don't tell. Would it have killed anyone doing this anime to actually show Saki blow his opponent away instead of just saying "Holy fuck their last player (Saki) is even more vicious than Nodoka who is a genius"?

    Dac Vin on
    camo_sig.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    While we're waiting for a closure, Saki 07
    ...Show, don't tell. Would it have killed anyone doing this anime to actually show Saki blow his opponent away instead of just saying "Holy fuck their last player (Saki) is even more vicious than Nodoka who is a genius"?
    You...have no concept of dramatic build-up, do you?

    Spectrum on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just have to post this picture so we can all mock it:
    ariston-img_8087-682x1024.jpg

    AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous three times snugglier New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Naruto ninjas who actually look like ninjas?

    Der Waffle Mous on
    zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just have to post this picture so we can all mock it:
    ariston-img_8087-682x1024.jpg
    NINJAS STOL MAH BABEH

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I just have to post this picture so we can all mock it:
    ariston-img_8087-682x1024.jpg
    NINJAS STOL MAH BABEH
    Or adopted...

    Spectrum on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since I am all caught up now, when does the FMA manga usually drop? The wait is killing me. :P

    TheBlackWind on
  • Dac VinDac Vin found out what Love is and it turned out to be forbidden. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    While we're waiting for a closure, Saki 07
    ...Show, don't tell. Would it have killed anyone doing this anime to actually show Saki blow his opponent away instead of just saying "Holy fuck their last player (Saki) is even more vicious than Nodoka who is a genius"?
    You...have no concept of dramatic build-up, do you?
    I'm pretty certain they could have shown that part and lose nothing in dramatic build-up. Some cuts here and there, maybe put the rival school in a spot where they could see Saki's exploits, what have you.

    Same point for the other schools. So far we have been shown no proof of their abilities apart than they blowed their opponents away in a few rounds. Once again, would it have killed anyone to actually show what happened? Am I asking too much here?

    At least the final is coming the episode after the next - next one is focused on yuri and relationships and so I am not awaiting it.

    Dac Vin on
    camo_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since I am all caught up now, when does the FMA manga usually drop? The wait is killing me. :P

    12th of the month, give or take.

    Jragghen on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since I am all caught up now, when does the FMA manga usually drop? The wait is killing me. :P

    It's a monthly thing.

    Zandracon on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Since I am all caught up now, when does the FMA manga usually drop? The wait is killing me. :P

    12th of the month, give or take.

    Awesome thanks. I knew it was monthly, just didn't know what time to be looking.

    TheBlackWind on
  • bisondollarsbisondollars Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Sollah wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    No, she means, if you take the visual standards applied to japanese anime.
    And you translated the look of the american wolverine to this one, like you would translate a sentence.
    You would get that.

    That's what she meant.
    Trust me, I've seen her collection of pretty anime and manga. Read some of them. He's fugly.

    And this is exactly the problem with Japanimation

    No concept for an ugly hero

    That's kind of why I like Kaiji's and Akagi's style. It stands out because everyone is ugly. It's like the artist went more for style then trying to give something for everyone to swoon over.

    That or he likes drawing funny noses.

    You might like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Well, I wouldn't say everyone's ugly, but Araki certainly went for style.

    I would say he draws everyone ugly. Or, at the very least, ugly by the usual anime standards.

    It's a shame Jojo never got a proper anime. There are so many great fights.

    what

    I must be reading a different manga then
    joseph.jpg

    bisondollars on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    While we're waiting for a closure, Saki 07
    ...Show, don't tell. Would it have killed anyone doing this anime to actually show Saki blow his opponent away instead of just saying "Holy fuck their last player (Saki) is even more vicious than Nodoka who is a genius"?
    You...have no concept of dramatic build-up, do you?
    I'm pretty certain they could have shown that part and lose nothing in dramatic build-up. Some cuts here and there, maybe put the rival school in a spot where they could see Saki's exploits, what have you.

    Same point for the other schools. So far we have been shown no proof of their abilities apart than they blowed their opponents away in a few rounds. Once again, would it have killed anyone to actually show what happened? Am I asking too much here?

    At least the final is coming the episode after the next - next one is focused on yuri and relationships and so I am not awaiting it.
    No, the point is to keep you guessing on exactly *how* she did it. Is she a true luck monster? Did she artfully use skill? Will they revisit her hands from that round to show something later?

    They're saving her epic reveals for the important match.

    Spectrum on
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited July 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I just have to post this picture so we can all mock it:
    ariston-img_8087-682x1024.jpg
    NINJAS STOL MAH BABEH
    Or adopted...
    That's the future Doctor Mcninja, actually.

    Archonex on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    They made a lot of changes to Rakkyo #06's entire structure that I really don't like.

    Hmm.

    >:|

    setrajonas on
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I tried to check out 4chan once on curiosity and my ip was banned. Never even got to read a single post.
    I took this as a preemptive recommendation that they did not want my kind messing up the place and reminding them how horrible they all were with my awesomeness, and never tried again.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »
    Aroduc wrote: »
    They made a lot of changes to Rakkyo #06's entire structure that I really don't like.

    Hmm.

    >:|

    Not really much of a spoiler since it's what's not there
    They completely gutted everything having anything to do with Satsuki, which in turn left the most important thing that Shiki did was to open a stuck cabinet with her eyes.

    Aroduc on
This discussion has been closed.