As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm still addicted to the DS

JansonJanson Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Social Entropy++
I'd like to discuss DS games.

ds_lite.jpg

The DS is Nintendo's latest handheld gaming system. It's been around now for five years, and is currently in its third iteration.

Most of you, if you own a DS (which you should) probably have the DS Lite. The original DS was ugly, a little bulky, and had dull screens. The DS Lite is sleek and shiny, but, most importantly, the screens were considerably brightened. The battery life is still fantastic (15-19 hours) and even on the lowest brightness setting it's still a great deal clearer than the old DS.

The hot and new DS, however, is the DSi. It is similar in shape and design to the Lite, except that it has more brightness settings, a matte finish (no more fingerprints showing everywhere!), two cameras and a SD card slot. As of yet there are few decent DSi-exclusive games.

Games!

The DS's primary strength is its fantastic games library. There's sure to be something to suit everyone. I've played at least one great game in nearly every genre. The old DS and the Lite are also backwards-compatible with the GBA.

But there are so many games; which ones do you choose? Well, I would like to humbly offer my suggestions:

Action

This is the closest description I can find for one of my all-time favourite games: Rocket Slime.

You are Rocket Slime, and you awaken one day to discover that all the other slimy inhabitants of your hometown of Boingburg have been slime-napped! Your task is to rescue all of your family and friends, but it won't be as simple as it first appears: Your enemy has Monster Tanks at its disposal, and you will have to command your own slime-shaped war machine in order to defeat these, too.

The controls are extremely simple and easy for anyone to grasp a hold of. The animations are adorable; I mean, look how cute Rocket is:

rocket_slime.gif

So cute. The localisation is excellent; the puns are suitably atrocious (Fort Knight: Not Too Weak) and the music is catchy without being irritating.

rocketslime_01.jpg rocketslime_02.jpg rocketslime_03.jpg

Adventure

Broken Sword: The Director's Cut

It's no secret that the Broken Sword series is one of my favourite gaming series and therefore I am ridiculously biased. Regardless, I think this is an excellent port of a classic game, and in my opinion the new artwork and additional puzzles are a decent enough bonus to justify buying the game a second time if you already own the original PC version.

The story is a good one: George Stobbart, unwitting American tourist, is drawn into a tale of mystery and intrigue surrounding the Knights Templar when the cafe he is sitting outside on a sunny afternoon in Paris is blown up...by a clown. Along the way he travels as far north as Scotland and as far east as Syria, making friends with ridiculous national stereotypes and a very alluring French reporter named Nicole Collard.

The hand-drawn animations and backgrounds look fantastic on the DS; the only drawback is the lack of the original decent music and Rolf Saxon's excellent voice-acting.

bs_ds_01.jpg bs_ds_02.jpg bs_ds_03.jpg

Hotel Dusk

Hotel Dusk is probably the most stylish game available for the DS. It's a slow-paced, slow-building noir adventure that nonetheless had me hooked by the end.

The protagonist, Kyle Hyde, is an ex-NYPD officer who, in his search for his missing partner, ends up stopping at a remote hotel. The game is set in 1979 and takes place entirely in the hotel. The puzzles utilise the microphone, touch screen, and even the closable cover of the DS.

hoteldusk_01.jpg hoteldusk_02.jpg hoteldusk_03.jpg

Trace Memory

Trace Memory is an older adventure game developed by the same company behind Hotel Dusk and shares many of that game's puzzle elements, although the story and design are quite different. It is quite short, but enjoyable, and probably worth the purchase if you can find it for under $20 (amazon lists it as being twice as expensive as Hotel Dusk, which is ridiculous).

The story is centred around Ashley, a young girl whose parents disappeared when she was three years old. Ten years later she receives a package from her father, asking her to meet him on Blood Edward Island. While there she teams up with a shy ghost named 'D', who has a troubled history of his own.

tracememory_01.jpg tracememory_02.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Justice for All, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations & Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

If you have not yet played any of these games then you at least owe it to yourself to try them. I understand that they're not for everybody, and if you don't like one you probably won't like any of them, but I think most people really enjoy these games, and it is a very consistent and addicting series.

In all four games you play a defense lawyer attempting to go up against Japan's incredibly biased and often bizarre court system. For those of you not already aware, in Japan over 99% of all defendants are found guilty, and the system leans heavily in the prosecutor's favour, making the life of a defense lawyer very difficult indeed.

But fear not! You, Phoenix Wright and/or Apollo Justice, have the assistance of a deceased mentor, two spirit-channeling sisters, and a reactive bracelet at your disposal, and not only are you going to find all of your defendants innocent, you are also going to uncover the identity of the true criminal! Each game has between four and five cases, with half of the game having you investigate crime scenes, and the other half battling the prosecution in the courtroom itself.

The characters are likable and well-portrayed, and the music is excellent: I'd urge anyone who even vaguely likes the music to track down the orchestral and jazz versions that were released. Mori listened to the orchestral version for nearly a week solid, and he's not even a fan of the games.

With the exception of the fifth case in the first game, the first three games are all direct ports of the original GBA games. The fourth game, Apollo Justice, was created for the DS and has superior graphics and integrates some of the DS's touch-screen capabilities.

aceattorney_01.jpg aceattorney_02.jpg aceattorney_03.jpg aceattorney_04.jpg

Mini-Games

One of the great advantages to having a handheld system is being able to pick up and play anywhere, anytime. Sometimes you just want something fun and silly that'll last you the length of time it takes to go to the bathroom. Mini-games and puzzle games are great for this.

Feel the Magic: XY/XX

The sole purpose of this game is to successfully complete mini-games - all involving either rubbing the touch screen or blowing into the microphone - so that a male protagonist can attract a young woman. It was named as one of the top ten weirdest games of all time by GameInformer. Still, it is fun, challenging, and very easy to play in short bursts.

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2

I really enjoyed this game, and a sequel has just been released. I hear it's inferior to the original GBA game (which I have never played) but I still found it well worth the purchase.

The aim of the game is to get your little wind-up Marios safely to the exit before the mini-minions can crush, impale or burn them. You use the stylus to move them around. In addition to the 80+ main stages there is the ability to design your own stages and share them over wi-fi.

mariovsdonkey_01.jpg

Warioware: Touched

Fun, bizarre mini-games that are really short; most last a maximum of thirty seconds. Some levels are pretty disgusting (shoving your finger up a nose?), some are inspired by classic Nintendo games, and others are just downright nonsensical. It was one of the first games released for the DS and is largely a showcase of all the DS's functionalities, but is still very fun and kept me amused for hours back in the day.

warioware_01.jpg warioware_02.jpg

Music

When wearing headphones, the DS's sound quality is none-too-shabby; certainly good enough for these games' purposes.

Electroplankton

I wouldn't say this is worth owning, per se. It's very much a gimmick, and most people aren't likely to play Electroplankton for very long. But it is very cute and very nicely presented, and it's a great little program to use to showcase the DS to other people. (My friends all loved it).

Essentially you create music by interacting with animated plankton. There are ten plankton interfaces in total. There is no way to save the music that you create.

Elite Beat Agents

The American version of Ouendan, with a variety of American pop songs. If you've not played either this or Ouendan before, the gameplay is simple: You listen to the music, and use your stylus to tap the screen along in time with the beat. Each song is prefaced by a silly and amusing little cartoon.

eba_01.jpg

Ouendan 1 & 2

The same as above, only with Japanese pop. These games haven't actually been released in the US, but are easily imported, and you really don't need to understand the slightest lick of Japanese in order to play them. (You may miss out on the subtleties of the cartoons, but even then the drawings are generally explicit enough for you to understand the gist of the story). Personally I prefer Ouendan to Elite Beat Agents. Maybe it's that they have better covers of the songs, or maybe it's simply that J-pop lends itself better to the game than American pop does (they didn't choose a brilliant selection of songs for EBA after all).

ouendan_01.jpg

Platformers

Ah, platformers. My downfall. I'm so exceedingly rubbish at these games.

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure

Henry Hatsworth is a British adventurer tasked with finding the 'Golden Suit' (only available to wear by a true gentleman).

The game is an action-platformer on the top screen controlled by the DS's buttons. As Henry defeats enemies, they are relegated to the bottom screen, where they are captured within a puzzle game controlled by the stylus. If the enemies rise to the top of the puzzle game screen, they can 'escape' back into the platforming world.

Gameplay is a frantic mix of both platformer and puzzle, and it is also very challenging; far too difficult, I am afraid to say, for me. I enjoyed the puzzle part very much, but kept dying at the first boss, and haven't been able to pick it up again since.

The characters speak amusing gibberish, and the game has a unique and attractive style.

henry_01.jpg henry_02.jpg

Kirby: Canvas Curse

The first Kirby game to be released for the DS, and, in my opinion, the best. It, like many other early releases, makes almost exclusive use of the stylus and touch screen.

You use the stylus to draw a rainbow-coloured line along which Kirby can run. You can loop-the-loop, draw a vertical line as a barrier to prevent Kirby from going somewhere, or draw a vertical line to push Kirby downwards if he needs to dive. It's a gimmick that works really well, and it's a great pity that they did not continue with it for the successive Kirby games.

kirby_01.jpg kirby_02.jpg

New Super Mario Bros

This is yet another game which I found far, far too difficult for me, but it is apparently extremely popular with almost everyone else. It's a return to traditional form for Mario, with the addition of the ability to have Mario grow very huge or very small.

nsmb_01.jpg nsmb_02.jpg

Princess Peach

A simple platformer that may be too easy for your liking, but which was just about perfect for me. It's very silly; Peach, like any good girl, relies on her wide range of emotions to get her through any tricky situation. For example: She can cry in order to cause a climbing vine to grow. She also uses her umbrella to float through the sky like a regular ol' Mary Poppins.

princesspeach_01.jpg princesspeach_02.jpg

Puzzle

Meteos

Meteos is a fun astronomical-themed puzzle game in which you have to link up three similarly-styled blocks in a row in order to 'launch' them into space. You can also collect minerals from which you can create new planets, and thus new levels, to play on.

meteos_01.jpg
Blaket wrote: »
gameL.jpg
1.jpg

N+ is a pure unadulterated jumping platforming. It is a game with a very clear mantra, get your teeny tiny ninja from one end of the level to the other as fast as possible.

As this game is at times balls difficult things try and stop you from doing this, electrified this, and exploding that all seem to aim fly towards you in an effort to make you die. And you will die a lot luckily the game will reload you in less than a second so you rarely spend time not running around but this game is not recommend for people who are not ok with dying alot. For example.

Peggle

I have not played this, but is has a reasonable score on Meta-Critic and I know Mori is highly addicted to the X-box arcade version, so I figure it may appeal to some of you. You shoot pinballs at a series of lines and dots, aiming to eliminate all of the orange ones.

peggle.jpg

Picross

Another puzzle game that I have not played but which is apparently great fun. You've probably seen the regular pen-and-paper version of picross in your newspaper or in the puzzle magazine rack.

picross_01.jpg

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

A very well put-together logic puzzle game with a strong story element. It doesn't have the replay version of, say, Meteos or Puzzle Quest, but is still very much worth owning. I beat the game in under 8 hours, but then I'm somewhat of a logic puzzle addict. A sequel is due out soon.

The screenshots provide a couple of examples of the types of puzzles you can expect to find:

professorlayton_01.jpg professorlayton_02.jpg professorlayton_03.jpg

Puzzle Quest

Like Bejeweled, but with a simple roleplaying element attached. You win games in order to level up your character, build a party, lay siege to fortresses and continue the story. You can also learn spells which can aid you in your battles against the enemy.

I sank a good 40+ hours into this game during my lunch breaks at work.

puzzlequest_01.jpg

Tetris DS

A decent update of the classic game with several different play modes. I'm more a fan of the one-shot puzzles than I am of actual Tetris. It's good, but I haven't played this nearly as much as I have Meteos or Puzzle Quest.

tetris_01.jpg tetris_02.jpg

Roleplaying Games

I'm going to admit right here that I haven't played many of the RPGs available on the DS, but apparently these are all highly-regarded and worth a look:

Chrono Trigger
Disgaea
Etrian Odyssey 1 & 2 (if you like grinding and pain, or so I've heard).
Many of the Final Fantasy games.

However I have played Dragon Quest 4 & 5.

Dragon Quest 4 & 5 have been updated for the DS and, although I never played the originals, from what screenshots I've seen they've undergone quite the radical graphical transformation.

The gameplay, as with Rocket Slime, is extremely simple and easy to learn. The localisation is equally good, with not only similarly bad puns but also a plethora of awful accents amusingly portrayed through the medium of text. I counted: Scottish, Cockney, French, Spanish, generic Eastern-European and Middle-Eastern and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

The story for Dragon Quest 5 is especially charming, following your hero as he grows from the age of 6 to 18 and then to 28, marrying and having children along the way.

Although the games require some grinding, they never feel too boring, and while they can present a challenge they are never too difficult.

dq_01.jpg dq_02.jpg dq_03.jpg

Pokemon

There's Pokemon Pearl and Diamond available for the DS, and now they've released Pokemon Platinum, too, which is rated highly. If you've never played a Pokemon game then it's probably worth picking one up. I found Diamond engaging enough to carry the game to completion, and I even managed to score quite a few competition ribbons for my Empoleon.

Other Games

These are all games that I shamefully have not played, but which are both popular and highly-regarded:

Advance Wars

I hear this is the best RTS available for the DS.

Castlevania

Mori'd probably kill me if I forgot to mention this. I know he loves the Castlevania games.

GTA: Chinatown Wars

I hear so many excellent things about this game but I haven't had the energy yet to play another iteration of the popular but time-consuming (and sometimes difficult) GTA series. Mori was all about the drug dealing for a long while, though.

Knights in the Nightmare

I'm intrigued by this game. Is it worth me picking up?

Rune Factory

I was addicted to Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town and was bitterly disappointed by the ridiculously buggy Harvest Moon DS. I hear this is a very good and decent alternative to that series. Again, I'm intrigued, but not sure if I have the time and energy to devote to such a game.

runefactory_01.jpg runefactory_02.jpg

The World Ends With You

If I had found this in a store I probably would've bought it by now, but I'm not quite sure enough to buy it outright online. I've heard nothing but good things about it, though.

Evil Games Which You Must Never Play, Ever

Animal Crossing: Wild World

If you see this game, do not pick it up. If you must pick it up, throw it into the corner of the room and leave it there, forever to collect dust. This is an Evil game and will Consume Your Soul.

If you must know what it is about, you play a small humanoid creature enslaved by a megalomaniac raccoon who forces you to live amongst a variety of self-obsessed creatures. Here you are obliged to harvest fruit from dawn to dusk, provide the museum with every single one of its exhibits, and maintain your house in a condition as approved by the asinine HSA.

P.S. Larlar, I would have humbly asked you to approve this thread only you were not online.

Janson on

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would hope that the OP is enough to please Larlar.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The best use of Animal Crossing ever is in that one Something Awful let's play.

Hold on and I'll find the link.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like my KORG DS-10

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    On the subject of the first Rune Factory, it does require quite a bit of time invested in it. Especially with the planting and watering of plants inside dungeons. There's also one dungeon you only have access to during the winter, so if you waste the month you have access to it, you'll have to wait another year to get to it again.
    The best use of Animal Crossing ever is in that one Something Awful let's play.

Hold on and I'll find the link.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Animal%20Crossing/index.html

Owenashi on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    oh my fucking god. a broken sword port? where the hell is my ds! Jeeves! Get the feather duster! We gotta clean off that onyx relic!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Totally stole my fire Owenashi

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I am always surprised by how difficult some aspects of the collecting in games like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Animal Crossing can be, and then I am equally surprised by the crazy people who go to great lengths to achieve those.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Totally stole my fire Owenashi

Heh, sorry.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Janson I would only suggest that you include N+ in the platformers because it is such an aces platformer.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh my fucking god. a broken sword port? where the hell is my ds! Jeeves! Get the feather duster! We gotta clean off that onyx relic!

It was released very quietly; I was looking for it and wasn't even aware it had come out until it had been on store shelves for over a fortnight.

It's really well done.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Janson I would only suggest that you include N+ in the platformers because it is such an aces platformer.

Certainly! If you can provide a description I'll copy and paste that so as to do it some justice.

Janson on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are they ever going to not do something gay like Rune Factory and give me a real Harvest Moon game. In fact if they just straight up port Harvest Moon 64 I will never buy something faster than I would that

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    big bang mini is awesome

this thread is awesomer

nice one, Janson

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    Are they ever going to not do something gay like Rune Factory and give me a real Harvest Moon game. In fact if they just straight up port Harvest Moon 64 I will never buy something faster than I would that

I hear the girl version of Harvest Moon DS is okay and far less bug-riddled.

Janson on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Henry Hatsworth is still fucking amazing.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Janson wrote: »

It was released very quietly; I was looking for it and wasn't even aware it had come out until it had been on store shelves for over a fortnight.

It's really well done.

hopefully i'll be able to find it once i get the cash i need to buy it. thanks, janson!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    also I convinced my gf to pick up Drawn to Life just so I could steal it when she is done.

Nice work on the op btw

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks, guys; it took me a couple of hours to write up, so I am glad it is appreciated!

I was prompted because I started up DQ5 again, and then realised it can be a little tough in the early levels. Love the music, though.

Janson on
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    I've bought so many goddamn gameboys.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

There's a new Harvest Moon coming out for the DS in August subtitled Sunshine Islands.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dragon Quest IX has broken record around the world. Yet it is only on sale in Japan.
    As you may have heard, a little title called Dragon Quest IX launched in Japan on July 11. There were lines. With the preliminary data in now, it looks like there is a reason for these lines – Dragon Quest IX has set the all time record for weekly video game sales in Japan even though the title was on sale for only two days. Believe it or not, not only is this the top week ever for a video game in Japan, but it is the strongest week one sales ever seen in a single region for a title released on a single platform. The previous record holder was Halo 3 in the Americas, which launched back in September 2007.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I kinda want a DSI for Scribblenauts but man.

SO MANY GAMEBOYS.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    honey nut, buy a DSi, you know you want to

go on

do it

And, DQ9, excellent! Man, for ages all I knew about the DQ games were that they were a) JRPGs and b) had the most horrifically ugly art done by one of my least favourite artists, and yet I've ended up fucking loving all the ones I have played.

Janson on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, I've been meaning to pick up my DS again. Maybe buy a new one with an R button that works.

Although I'm conflicted, cause I have a DSPhat, and I don't want to get a Lite because DSi is out, but I don't want to get a DSi because I know I'll probably regret losing GBA support.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I am still really excited for the Gold/Silver remakes

Gold and silver ruined pokemon for me.

It's kinda like episode 1.

You expect it to be more of the same greatness but then you are disappointed and the disappointment leads to worse.

Like episode 2.

EDIT: beign a negative nancy itt

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm still rocking a first generation Game Boy Advance

My sister has a DS though, and this list of games is very helpful as she is considering buying some new titles

Thank you, Janson

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Evil Games Which You Must Never Play, Ever

Animal Crossing: Wild World

If you see this game, do not pick it up. If you must pick it up, throw it into the corner of the room and leave it there, forever to collect dust. This is an Evil game and will Consume Your Soul.

If you must know what it is about, you play a small humanoid creature enslaved by a megalomaniac raccoon who forces you to live amongst a variety of self-obsessed creatures. Here you are obliged to harvest fruit from dawn to dusk, provide the museum with every single one of its exhibits, and maintain your house in a condition as approved by the asinine HSA.

P.S. Larlar, I would have humbly asked you to approve this thread only you were not online.

UNACCEPTABLE!

UNACCEPTABLE!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Certainly! If you can provide a description I'll copy and paste that so as to do it some justice.

ok!

gameL.jpg
    1.jpg

N+ is a pure unadulterated jumping platforming. It is a game with a very clear mantra, get your teeny tiny ninja from one end of the level to the other as fast as possible.

As this game is at times balls difficult things try and stop you from doing this, electrified this, and exploding that all seem to aim fly towards you in an effort to make you die. And you will die a lot luckily the game will reload you in less than a second so you rarely spend time not running around but this game is not recommend for people who are not ok with dying alot. For example.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

SO MANY GAMEBOYS.

Does it doing something special on the DSi?

e: Am Russian. I speak crazy like this. You like?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

SO MANY GAMEBOYS.

No but I don't own a DS, so like, why not?

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I love N+ on XBLA but it seems like it would be a bitch on the eyes on the DS.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The top screen is the overview of the level and the bottom screen zooms in on whereever you are.

It is quite easy to see.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My DS died while I was playing Chrono Trigger and I hadn't saved in a while :(

Javen on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I yell so much when I play N+

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    good lord

i have corrected your horrid abomination
    N+ is a pure unadulterated jumping platformer. It is a game with a very clear mantra: get your teeny tiny ninja from one end of the level to the other as fast as possible.

This game is, at times, balls difficult. Things try and stop you from reaching your goal: electrified this, flying that, and exploding whatever all fly towards you at once in an effort to make you die. And you will die a lot. Luckily, the game will reload you in less than a second, so you rarely spend time not running around. Still, this game is not recommended for people who are not ok with dying a lot. Like Viv.
    a-lot.png

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sal wrote: »
    I'm still rocking a first generation Game Boy Advance

My sister has a DS though, and this list of games is very helpful as she is considering buying some new titles

Thank you, Janson

You're very welcome!

Blaket - I have updated the OP.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

SO MANY GAMEBOYS.

No but I don't own a DS, so like, why not?

My brother really likes his and he still plays a lot of gba on his old gba so he is having his cake and eating it too

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    awww look at that he linked to my profile

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pfft, you can keep your colon to youself Orik.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.