As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck whatever we were playing, let's get ready for some goddamn DARK SUN

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Meh, it could be worse.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fishman has tapped most of those reserves, it appears.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    by hobbits you meant sheep, right?

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    they're in disguise, Horseshoe

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Okay, officially switching to a Persona-themed campaign.

Gonna force everyone to bring the RP. 70% RPG, 30% Combat.

This is going to turn out great.

you know, this kind of thing is cool and all, but I have a lot more fun role-playing as a character who is cutting dudes in half than I do role-playing a dude who is following clues or whatever. Maybe this makes me a moron, I don't know.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

you know, this kind of thing is cool and all, but I have a lot more fun role-playing as a character who is cutting dudes in half than I do role-playing a dude who is following clues or whatever. Maybe this makes me a moron, I don't know.

Thing is, if combat gets to heavy, you run the risk of character vanishing nearly entirely.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some combat, but it needs to be grounded by plot and characterization, or it becomes somewhat meaningless.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, good news: My friend agreed to let me borrow his PS2 if I let him borrow my Wii! Yay!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Awesome.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Thing is, if combat gets to heavy, you run the risk of character vanishing nearly entirely.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some combat, but it needs to be grounded by plot and characterization, or it becomes somewhat meaningless.

yeah, that makes sense.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DE?AD, I hope you will give us opportunities to eat random things we find in our fridges

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I plan to incorporate as many strange things as possible.

It will feature a normal world, and a secondary twisted version of the normal world in which the monsters dwell. It will feature finding new facades, and improving those you already have. It will feature many things.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am making a Fighter/Bard hybrid but it is difficult for me to know if I am selecting the best powers and feats for him because I don't have Martial Power on hand to reference.

If anyone has it on hand, please tell me about Level 5 Daily and Level 10 Utility Fighter powers in the book, as well as any cool Feats for Fighter or Warlord (I took the Multiclass Warlord from PHB1 as one of my feats).

Stats so you know if I'm qualified for particular feats:

Fighter/Bard
    Elf
    STR 18
    CON 13
    DEX 12
    INT 10
    WIS 10
    CHA 18

EDIT: Oh, and I'm arming him with a glaive. Why? Well, several reasons. One: It has reach. Two: It counts as a heavy blade, so I can get a songblade version of it to use my Bard powers. Three: No one ever uses glaives, so it will make my character a unique snowflake.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    they're in disguise, Horseshoe

The Hobbits or the sheep?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Both

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I haven't played D&D for many moons. In my circle, it was never discussed. Only until college was I finally able to experience the true darkness that is dungeons and dragons. And then one of my roommates killed my character after I poisoned his dog. Good times.

Slider on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As I was re-familiarizing myself with 4e (haven't played nearly since release), I noticed a rule that hadn't caught my eye before. the one about players not being able to use more than one magic item daily power per day (at heroic, 2 and 3 at paragon and epic, respectively). Personally, though without experience on the matter, I think that's dumb. After thinking on it, I realised I shouldn't do away with it altogether.

So I thought for my game maybe make it 1/2/3 magic item daily powers per encounter. They are still dailies, but players have a bit more flixibility in their use.

Good idea or bad idea?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    y'all a bunch of nerds

does de?ad live in san san jose or something?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I do believe that you get another magic item use after a milestone.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yeah, every 2 encounters or so you usually get a milestone and can use another magic item daily power you haven't used yet.

Artificers have an ability that recharges used magic items too I think. If you wanted to make magic items usable more than once per day that might be something to work off of.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    y'all a bunch of nerds

does de?ad live in san san jose or something?

Near San Jose. Along with Mori, Janson, and meself.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    two encounters with out an extended rest IS a milestone.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Yeah, every 2 encounters or so you usually get a milestone and can use another magic item daily power you haven't used yet.

Artificers have an ability that recharges used magic items too I think. If you wanted to make magic items usable more than once per day that might be something to work off of.

ah, okay. must have missed that

thanks

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Any of you assholes live near San Jose? We're lookin' for another group member.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I lived an hour out of san jose until monday

I now live two and a half hours out of san jose

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well, shit. Wish I knew that before hand.

...how's the new place?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I am drowning in a sea of drunken frat boys from 9 PM to 2 AM

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also, Dubh, we're not gonna be able to make a weekend out of D&D this weekend

for one thing I am really exhausted from all the shit we've been doing from the past few weeks (though I still want to play Saturday, of course)

and for another, apparently we are going to a baby shower or something on Sunday

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am drowning in a sea of drunken frat boys from 9 PM to 2 AM

second question: have you scouted a decent place to hide bodies, yet?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oooooooooooh nooooooooooooooo

I'll make my campaign extra awesome, then

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    you kidding? People watching is like, my favorite sport

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Also Rachel's friend would probably be willing to play some SWRPG with us when she visits

We'll have to make sure of that, of course

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    of course

I have meats for cooking, this weekend

what time were you guys gonna show up?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I was thinking around 1? Possibly a bit later. I'd like to get as much gaming in as possible.

Also, what kind of car did you get? We fixed the turn signal on my car (although I still need something to hold it in completely - otherwise it's still a bit loose)

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Toyota Corolla! '97, with 85.5k miles on it.

So good.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    That's a lot of miles

also don't do roleplaying or combat. Do... make it a tactical turn-based strategy game. With dystopian film noir elements. And flashbacks. Time-traveling flash backs that change your present character.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Awesome! :D

Janson on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's a lot of miles

also don't do roleplaying or combat. Do... make it a tactical turn-based strategy game. With dystopian film noir elements. And flashbacks.

Aw man don't say that

Our car is '01 and has 106,000 miles

We've put like 20,000 on it in 10 months!

Janson on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That's a lot of miles

also don't do roleplaying or combat. Do... make it a tactical turn-based strategy game. With dystopian film noir elements. And flashbacks. Time-traveling flash backs that change your present character.

You kidding? I can probably take this thing to 250k miles just fine. My '95 Saturn had about 200k before I crashed it, and it was doing quite well.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I hit a hundred thousand on the drive back from PAX, but my car is twenty years old so I don't know

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    100k on twenty year old car? Damn, did you buy it from some Sunday-driving old lady?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.