As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sony saving face?

ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Debate and/or Discourse
I didn't know if this forum was appropriate, or if it had been done already, but I just had to ask the question. Does anybody else think that Sony's latest announcement of donating all the proceeds from the Pirates Constructable Stategy Game to the Child's Play Charity is nothing more than an attempt to remove the egg from their collective faces? Not to say that it is amazing that they are doing it, Child's Play is a very noble cause and everyone involved deserves more commendation than can be given, I just feel that this act may be more of a PR move for Sony. After our boys here at Penny Arcade posted about their fake PSP site and the flaming of the site that insued(that led to Sony's eventual apology), not to mention other bashes of Sony's management idealology, I just had to ask the question. Yeah, it will make them look like caring individuals, rather than what I have seen the collective opinion to actually be. Again, I am not against their very generous donation, nor is this topic designed to flame against Sony, I just wonder if they might have an ulterior motive other than "good will".

Share your thoughts, I am interested to see if anyone else agrees with me, or if I am just off of my rocker.

steam_sig.png
ogcam777 on