As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cartoon help 80's anime-ish

Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm trying to remember a short series/film about this pup that was found by a young boy. The pup belonged to a pack of dogs that resembled alsatians but had horns on their head. The dogs attacked the building where the pup was being held as they were vicious and the horns lit up when communicating/when ready to attack. In the end the dogs were destroyed but the boy put the pup through surgery to remove the horn and the pup became normal. My memory of this is very vague so if anyone can remember the name it would be most helpful.

the cartoon was mainly about ships/robots that joined together in a power ranger type robot formation which had blue legs and red spikes and it was the team of five characters that used their machines to transform. Apparantly they wore helmets and the females had wing like helmets and the dog part was just an episode. He also mentioned that they fought against one main bad guy who had a ship under water (he thinks so anyway) and he remembers a bull like creature/robot.

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
Angel177 on

• Options
    ZyreZyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Voltron? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron

Voltron fits certain parts of your description; There's an intergalactic war going on and this team of humans crash lands on this planet and finds this castle, theres this mouse (possibly a dog later in the series) that helps the humans explore the castle, theres a princess and some old dude, anyway they unlock the secrets of the temple and gain access to the 5 lions of virtue or something, 5 giant robot cats that can combine to form Voltron, which they have to assemble to beat the giant creatures the main bad guy sends to this planet to stop Voltron.

Power Rangers stole heavily from this source material I believe.

Zyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    nah not voltron but that was a good idea, thanks.

Angel177 on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Magnos the Robot.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    jb2cooljb2cool Registered User new member
    Angel177, I don't know if you are still looking for this but I too was looking for this cartoon for approximately the last 15 years. It sort of became a bit of a running joke in our family about dogs with horns coming out of their head.

Anyway, I found it for you.

The original Japanese anime was called Getter Robo G but when this was brought to the US its name changed to Starvengers, in the UK the name was Formators (why did series back then get so chopped up/stitched together/mixed up all the time).

The episode with the dog in it is just one episode in the series, It's called Joey & the Pup (under the Formators name) or Joey finds a friend (I think, under the Starvengers name).

This guy seems to have a lot more into than me
    zoomy.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/krypton-force.html

• Options
    HOLY CRAP! I wasn't still looking but I just watched the episode online! Thank you for posting, That was amazing!

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Is... is this the longest time it's taken to answer a question here?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Is... is this the longest time it's taken to answer a question here?

This guy joined this morning to respond to a nearly 7 year old post about an obscure anime.
    There are days when I really love this forum.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    This is easily in the top 3 necroposts I've ever witnessed. When I clicked on the thread I was all set to hit the report button, but it was actually something useful and awesome!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    ok so there's still hope for my 5 year old question regarding an old game.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    ok so there's still hope for my 5 year old question regarding an old game.

Just 2 more years until you get your answer!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508