As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITSCAN FORTRESS 2 - NO OFF TOPICS

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Good to play a little for the first time in about three or four weeks, using Jobastion's rig.

Wasn't very good, but...

if I play TF2 at all during my 3-4 month stay in England I have failed as a person

tyrannus on
  • Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Good to play a little for the first time in about three or four weeks, using Jobastion's rig.

Wasn't very good, but...

if I play TF2 at all during my 3-4 month stay in England I have failed as a person

too late

theantipop on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    theantipop wrote: »

Wasn't very good, but...

too late

what would you know

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    theantipop wrote: »

Wasn't very good, but...

too late

what would you know

enough

theantipop on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    any team that iowa is on loses

coincidence?

tofu on
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fats... my god. My poor aching everything.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why is it that whenever Duld joins a server, he brings an entourage of people waiting to join his team? It's like the same 7 or 8 people waiting to join his team. Just pick random people. We will all enjoy the game more.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Job, lose pipeline please. Please.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Why is it that whenever Duld joins a server, he brings an entourage of people waiting to join his team? It's like the same 7 or 8 people waiting to join his team. Just pick random people. We will all enjoy the game more.

its because you are on the other team

ice burn

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009

take it easy

theantipop on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    npc.EXE wrote: »

:winky:
    That_Guy wrote:
    Duld

Well, not being gibbed by a kritz every couple minutes is nice. I still random, though.

Fats on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I always thought the stacking was just coincidence, being that usually the team NOT being stacked is the team full of players who manually chose a team instead of being auto-assigned

that said, trying to take Duld down with three medics on him constantly getting a kritz was an experience on Freight that I don't care to repeat

to be fair though, we could've beaten that combo if we tried harder instead of bitching about it

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    played dbheights_b5 just now for the first time and I actually really enjoyed it, especially the first little bit of round 2, it was new and I probably liked it a lot for that reason alone

we got pushed all the way back to spawn at one point (when we were blue), but I found that to be a nice change from all the other PL maps

my only complaint is some minor framerate lag in the main corridor in round 2 (or 3, I can't remember)... when shit hits the fan the game slowed down quite a bit... I know that's not the map's fault, but I definitely noticed it

also Belo Legume rocket-jumped into that one side corridor (the one where in Dustbowl it's the shortcut exit from the red team spawn) and he got kinda stuck in midair

My game froze D:

Impersonator on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    played dbheights_b5 just now for the first time and I actually really enjoyed it, especially the first little bit of round 2, it was new and I probably liked it a lot for that reason alone

we got pushed all the way back to spawn at one point (when we were blue), but I found that to be a nice change from all the other PL maps

my only complaint is some minor framerate lag in the main corridor in round 2 (or 3, I can't remember)... when shit hits the fan the game slowed down quite a bit... I know that's not the map's fault, but I definitely noticed it

also Belo Legume rocket-jumped into that one side corridor (the one where in Dustbowl it's the shortcut exit from the red team spawn) and he got kinda stuck in midair

My game froze D:

yeah I thought it was something like that when you weren't responding to people asking what was up

kinda comical though, you seriously looked like a doodad on the map

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

This one time, on team fortress 2, I was on the game, and the other side had 5 fewer people, and so I joined it, and it was dulds team, and people yelled at me, but I was only helping them out, but they were angry anyway, but duld wasn't even doing that well, but they didn't care, they like to complain anyway.

But I got over it, see?

I normally auto-assign every time.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been hearing good things about this Duld. He's a real up and comer.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I always thought the stacking was just coincidence, being that usually the team NOT being stacked is the team full of players who manually chose a team instead of being auto-assigned

Quick question; is it considered stacking to try and play with your friends list? The people on mine aren't necessarily great but I tend to enjoy myself more when we play together. Or did I answer my own question?
    Fats wrote: »

:winky:

I've only see you play heavy... and it hurts! God forbid you go spy or sniper. They are my medical bane!

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fats is the best TF2 player since Zoidberg stopped playing

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    silasbearsilasbear Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just registered after reading this forum for 2+ years. I have been playing TF2 in the pubs since the beta and still like it. I would like to play on the PA servers, but I can't use a mic since the wife and the baby are sleeping when I play.

I finally registered because of the beers.

I also upgraded from a Samsung 52 inch lcd TV to a Dell 2209wa - O_o

and to a Logitech G9 from a MX610.

No more lag! I know I am better because I used to go 1:1 as a soldier and now am at least 2:1

silasbear on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Quick question; is it considered stacking to try and play with your friends list? The people on mine aren't necessarily great but I tend to enjoy myself more when we play together. Or did I answer my own question?

Dude I dunno, there have been plenty of times where a bunch of the SE++ players have messaged one another to be on the same team just so we could play together.

Doesn't mean we win, it just means we have more fun losing.

I'd call it stacking if you are deliberately selecting players to enable your team to win over the other team, but I doubt that actually happens. More often than not, the (auto-assign) chips just fall that way.

I mean we had one game today where it was literally one team full of well-known, better players and the other team full of (let's admit it) more average players. Which team stacked? Looking at the log, more players on the "average" team picked their team manually, whereas players on the "winner" team auto-assigned. You were there, I'm sure you remember the one I'm talking about (Pipeline!). Shrug.

One player switching teams to join the other team doesn't make the other team win automatically. It can probably suck when they do that because you're all like "what why don't you like OUR team what's wrong with it," but I mean you have to be a special kind of person to take the game THAT personally.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Was just checking. I guess I'll go by player complaints from moment to moment then.

Also, I don't mind the occasional stack as it results in this type of event:
    stackmaybe.jpg

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    falsedeffalsedef Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I mean we had one game today where it was literally one team full of well-known, better players and the other team full of (let's admit it) more average players. Which team stacked? Looking at the log, more players on the "average" team picked their team manually, whereas players on the "winner" team auto-assigned. You were there, I'm sure you remember the one I'm talking about (Pipeline!). Shrug.

I only manually joined your loser, sucking, horrible, bad team, because I was originally auto-assigned to duld's german reach-around harem.

Stacks can happen naturally, but there are some people who intentionally join the winning team, such as Jay "teamwhore" Gatsby.

falsedef on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    silasbear wrote: »
    Just registered after reading this forum for 2+ years. I have been playing TF2 in the pubs since the beta and still like it. I would like to play on the PA servers, but I can't use a mic since the wife and the baby are sleeping when I play.

No more lag! I know I am better because I used to go 1:1 as a soldier and now am at least 2:1

Just hop into the servers and start playing. Nobody's gonna bitch at you if you don't use a mic. Have fun!

edit: furthermore, related to the current topic of conversation -- i only autoassign ever.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just join my team

I am the best
    literally

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been hearing good things about this Duld. He's a real up and comer.
    He's a comer alright.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Just hop into the servers and start playing. Nobody's gonna bitch at you if you don't use a mic. Have fun!

edit: furthermore, related to the current topic of conversation -- i only autoassign ever.
    lol

But in all seriousness, welcome!

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    falsedef wrote: »

I only manually joined your loser, sucking, horrible, bad team, because I was originally auto-assigned to duld's german reach-around harem.

Stacks can happen naturally, but there are some people who intentionally join the winning team, such as Jay "teamwhore" Gatsby.

hey

we were not horrible or sucking or bad

loser yes

but I'll not put up with slander, dammit

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just played on one of the servers for awhile... good times.. lots of voice chat. Then the baby woke up and I had to disconnect. :rotate:

silasbear on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Just played on one of the servers for awhile... good times.. lots of voice chat. Then the baby woke up and I had to disconnect. :rotate:

So do you play under silasbear?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

So do you play under silasbear?

yes...baby is fed and will be back to sleep in 10 minutes. Then I will rejoin.

silasbear on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

lol

But in all seriousness, welcome!

I don't have a mic and I don't think people bitch at me. I play music when I'm playing so I can't hear about 50% of what you say though.

L|ama on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    People tell me to get a mic all the time

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    People tell me to get a mic all the time

Yes! We all want to hear the man behind the rocket/knife. What life do you lead, what intrigue's do you wish to share with us!

Or he may just pipe us to oblivion...

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Two days ago I decided to normal join rather than auto-assign and got stuck in spec. I had to disconnect /reconnect to join a team. I thought it was some new plug-in to force autoassign or something.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I connected for the first time last night...I can't remember what server, but I recall playing badlands and goldrush. No one bugged me about getting a mic (although I was vaguely jealous of those who were speaking freely to one another over the magic of the Aethernet).

I usually don't play music when I play because I find it makes it harder to hear things (ie the Dead Ringer decloak noise). When I do, it is usually something suitably exciting.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    People bug me to return to not having a mic all the time B]

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have a mic and rarely say anything besides "behind you heavy, behind you.....you're dead."

Also I just got a new keyboard, and I keep hitting taunt instead of voice chat. It has had hilarious results.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I find a mic vital so that immediatly upon dying I can let everyone else who's dead know that "I hate this fucking game."

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

http://xzzy.org/files/games/tf2/july2009/staxorhax.jpg :?:

xzzy on