As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On!] Gundam Online - SIEG ZEON!

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    28 people in SRX. I seriously think recruiting should wait until we divide the roster up into two teams.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    28 people in SRX. I seriously think recruiting should wait until we divide the roster up into two teams.

Let's just recruit two of them now and then divide up the active roster once the second squad is formed. That way at the very least two of the new players won't have to act alone/communicate through group chat.

Archonex on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Archonex wrote:
    Axen wrote:
    Okay I am in. By the name of Juno Marx. I think I spent all my starting cash on clothes. Huh.
    Hmm I cant seem to get past this loading screen after creating my character.

Just says uc gundam online zero g attack with some clock like thing and some other words I can't read.

Restart your comp, thats what I did and it works now.

Come meet me in front of the hangar in Adelaide. I'll get you recruited and get you a MS if you need one.

ATX (Counterpart to SRX.): 4

Bacon Robots:

Team Awesome:

Gaijin Wing: 1

75th MS Team:

Goufy Time:

It's Goufy Time!: 1

Gouf Troop:

OMW to the hangar now.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ugh I've restarted a couple times and nothing on the technical support is helpful or applicable.

I dunno what gives.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm at Ade's hangar. They'd better hurry up cuz Newman's invasion will start not long from now. =0

Aand SRX is now full.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ugh I've restarted a couple times and nothing on the technical support is helpful or applicable.

I dunno what gives.

Either you've got a virus scanner that's fouling it up, or you need to do the NOD32 thing. I'll ask around to see if there's any other fixes that might work. What OS are you running on?

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Archonex wrote:

I dunno what gives.

Either you've got a virus scanner that's fouling it up, or you need to do the NOD32 thing. I'll ask around to see if there's any other fixes that might work. What OS are you running on?

XP home.

I don't have NOD32 so there isn't anything there I can change. And I don't think I've got any virus scanners running.

If I can't get it working tonight I'll do a reinstall tomorrow. Hopefully that will work.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    It takes a while.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Archonex wrote:

I dunno what gives.

XP home.

I don't have NOD32 so there isn't anything there I can change. And I don't think I've got any virus scanners running.

If I can't get it working tonight I'll do a reinstall tomorrow. Hopefully that will work.

Are you running behind a firewall of some sort? Offhandedly that's the only other thing I can think of besides Router, NOD32, or Virus Scanner issues.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've disabled everything I can think of that would be blocking it.

And when you say a while are we talking like 10 seconds or 10 minutes or what?

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've disabled everything I can think of that would be blocking it.

And when you say a while are we talking like 10 seconds or 10 minutes or what?

I usually log in within 1-15 seconds. But depending on your connection, ISP, and possibly your router/network card it might take longer. Who knows.

Bacon Robots:

Team Awesome:

75th MS Team:

Goufy Time:

Gouf Troop:

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Just perfect. I went after a lone GM tryiung to capture Newman's southern cap point and went toe to toe with him only to get ganged up on by a Ground Gundam and god knows what else. Almost made it to the factory before getting shot down mid-air.

There goes another Gouf.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    Just perfect. I went after a lone GM tryiung to capture Newman's southern cap point and went toe to toe with him only to get ganged up on by a Ground Gundam and god knows what else. Almost made it to the factory before getting shot down mid-air.

There goes another Gouf.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Dom reigns supreme. After all, you cannot kill what you cannot catch. :o

Archonex on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gundam Wang wasn't suggested? D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Archonex wrote:
    OtakuD00D wrote:

There goes another Gouf.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why the Dom reigns supreme. After all, you cannot kill what you cannot catch. :o

Are you kidding me? THe inertia from all that hovering plus the slow, low jumps would've gotten me even MORE stuck than I was already.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    Archonex wrote:
    OtakuD00D wrote:

There goes another Gouf.

Are you kidding me? THe inertia from all that hovering plus the slow, low jumps would've gotten me even MORE stuck than I was already.

Those canyons are easy to maneuver in a Dom. It's all a matter of nerves and timing. You must be patient, grass-hopper. One day you will gain the piloting skills that I have. :lol:

Added Gundam Wang to the list.

Bacon Robots:

Team Awesome:

75th MS Team:

Goufy Time:

Gouf Troop:

Gundam Wang:

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    At night time they're a bitch. In this case I mis-stepped and got caught against a light beacon, then a factory due to the 2 frames a second I was getting. :(

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Goddammit I wanna play, but I have to wait till this coming sunday or my check, whichever comes first, and wait after christmas day so I can sign up.

Also, sucks about the Gouf, how much pimpage did you have on it? how much did that cost you to lose that? I know they're like 1.8 mil vanilla but I don't know bout it's gear or if crafting was involved.

Hopefully the new squad gets created by the time I get to sign up.

Clawshrimpy on
  • Options
    Max DamageMax Damage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Also, sucks about the Gouf, how much pimpage did you have on it? how much did that cost you to lose that? I know they're like 1.8 mil vanilla but I don't know bout it's gear or if crafting was involved.

It's about 2.5mil for a fully tuned up one.

Max Damage on
    CorrosiveWaffle.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If last nights battle was epic, then the one I just participated in.. well, there are no words for it.

A solid hour of non-stop violence. The battle could have gone either way a dozen times over, and there were multiple pushes, retreats, flanking maneuvers and more on both sides.

But in the end, Zeon prevails. Newman and Richmond are held for another few hours.

I'll be posting screenshots later.

Max Damage on
    CorrosiveWaffle.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    After Action Report: 12 noon, 18th of December, 2006

Yesterday, we captured the city of Newman from the Federation. Nobody expected it - we just waltzed in there and took it from an almost nonexistant defensive force. A cakewalk.

Later that day, they tried to take it back, but failed miserably. A couple of weak attempts that were swiftly repulsed by the defenders.

Today was different.

I arrive on the scene just after the battle erupts, 3 minutes in. A solid defensive line is already forming along the ridge just outside the hangar. I suit up in my old stalwart - a Zakucannon I've had for god-knows-how-long and prepare for war.
    UCPvP71e00.jpg

I quickly climb the ridge myself, and hear gunfire. I position myself on the edge of the ravine, and see a fight unfolding below, so I lend my cannon to the carnage and fire at the enemies trying to push through.
    UCPvP72182.jpg

The small enemy force is quickly driven back, and everyone piles into the canyon to get their pound of flesh.
    UCPvP74f7b.jpg

We quickly flush out the encroaching Feddies, and move into more open terrain, where we find some retreating enemies. We move in and continue to force them back.
    UCPvP81b66.jpg

All seems to be going well. The enemy are in full flight, and it looks like there's quite a few friendlies guarding the entrance to the right here. What could go wrong?
    UCPvP86bd8.jpg

I crest the hill here.
    UCPvP88f2a.jpg

Oh..

Dear god.

325572439_80986f5bcb_o.jpg

The enemy attack force stretches back for miles. Dozens of them - maybe even hundreds. Many Zeon suits go down almost immediately. I turn and run back to the ravine.

And right into the back of this guy.
    UCPvP928ef.jpg

Thank the fates.. He hasn't seen me. I continue to stalk him from a distance, trying to avoid getting his attention.
    UCPvP957ea.jpg

He's alone. What's he doing alone? Clearly he must be as inept as me - he rounds a corner, sees something, and opens fire.
    UCPvP962b0.jpg

I take the opportunity and leap in to drive my axe into his back. Obviously, I miss. I panic and run towards whoever he's shooting at - a friendly Gouf!

But it isn't enough. The Gundam cuts us both down. I transport back to base, and suit up in my cheapass backup unit. A Gigan. I return to the ridge above the valley, and join easily a dozen others in shelling the advancing enemy battle force.
    UCPvP99720.jpg

The worst of the enemy force are pushed back a distance. Some suits begin jumping across the gap to get a better vantage point. I try to do the same.

I then remember just how much the Gigan sucks at jumping.
    UCPvP106ad3.jpg

We all know what happened next.

Still, I managed to get some nice aerial shots on my way back.
    UCPvP111690.jpg
    UCPvP113dcd.jpg

Now I choose to throw caution to the wind. I go and suit up in my one and only Gouf, a fully tricked out custom one at that, given to me by a helpful japanese player. This is my one trump card - my only hope of survival this fight. I rejoin the battle.
    UCPvP1140a1.jpg

Fighters whizz overhead, sniper fire flies above and below. Melee troops clash and explosions rock the valley.
    UCPvP117a85.jpg

A large enemy force tries to push through to the base at the heart of the valley network. They seem to be making progress, but I do my part and rain down some lead - it earns the ire of a couple, but my shield holds.
    UCPvP119855.jpg

The enemy find themselves too exhausted by the constantly raining fire from above, and a large mass of Goufs crash into their battle-line. They break, rout and turn tail as our melee forces cut through their ranks.
    UCPvP127824.jpg

I join the assault.
    UCPvP131cf7.jpg

It was all looking so good..
    UCPvP136832.jpg

I have no idea what happened next, but before we knew it, we were surrounded on all sides. Once again, we turn and retreat - this time I make it back in one piece.

Several minutes pass. I repair, re-equip and move back to the ramparts. The sounds of battle are dying down. Perhaps the enemy are broken at last? Four minutes remain until the ceasefire resumes.
    UCPvP143080.jpg

One last enemy wave approaches. Despite withering bazooka fire from us, they charge into the valley. Are they mad? They can't win!
    UCPvP145246.jpg

Clearly, yes, they are quite mad. With less than a minute left, and not a single tower captured, they make one last suicidal charge at the base. They are swiftly encircled and cut down.
    UCPvP148ccf.jpg

And so the battle ends. The glory of victory to Zeon! At the hangar, jubilant pilots leap and cheer and clap, as the ceasefire once again rolls into effect, and the city is secured as ours.
    UCPvP1509e0.jpg

And a round of applause for the true heroes of the battle: The Giant Robot Badasses we all know and love.
    UCPvP15907b.jpg

Fin

Max Damage on
    CorrosiveWaffle.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    No no no. You should end this glorious story with...

Z

Nice stuff. You guys basically survived a friggin' Banzai Charge at the end.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    :cry:

Are there any port issues I should look into?

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Great write-up. Well done, sons and daughters of Zeon!

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I can't do PvP It lags way too much.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    EliteLamer wrote:
    I can't do PvP It lags way too much.

I actually don't lag that much, I just have to turn the graphics quality down when it gets to about fifty MS's versus fifty MS's. If there was a way to disable the particle effects i'm pretty sure that nearly anyone could play then, as well.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think we've broken the spirit of the EF forces, at least for today. After the huge blitzkrieg earlier, they haven't even tried attacking. I just did a full sweep of Newman and Richmond as they went into war-mode, and only saw a total of one GM who swiftly got shredded.

Max Damage on
    CorrosiveWaffle.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think I may of found the problem. Seems like I had McAfee a while ago and it never got uninstalled so it's screwing things up. Now the fun part is trying to McAfee shit to uninstall with out screwing up my internet..

*curses McAfee*

Hopefully I should get on by tonight.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    God. Damn.

I want to play this so bad.

Furu on
  • Options
    SousukeSousuke Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm really tempted to start playing this now, but I have to wait until early January. :(

Sousuke on
    PSN: Volteage
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So far I'm the biggest example of hot-blooded courage and bravery NOT being the key to victory. I lost two Goufs because of this, though the second time is extremely debatable. >.>

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    So far I'm the biggest example of hot-blooded courage and bravery NOT being the key to victory. I lost two Goufs because of this, though the second time is extremely debatable. >.>

You didn't slam the right stick hard enough and yell loud enough.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just signed up, got a time card, and started playing. I have to admit, it was pretty good.

Right now, I'm in Adelaide with a custom Zaku II made by a fellow English speaking player and hopefully later I'll be able to join up with the rest of the PA forumites.

So far, so good. I have yet to feel as though it was a waste of money.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Who was the other PAer working on MS/MA crafting? I gave up on my crafter, so I have a few trucks full of MS engines to give them.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I've got this Earp Truck I been using for salvage missions. Basically I go out and search areas where there was combat. Then I loot all the stuff others leave behind.

This has been one of my main sources for materials for crafting. Crafting and money. . . and those little repair-kit things, I got a bunch of em from salvaging.

I hope to one day visit the site of a large battle and pick clean from the metal carcasses of the fallen.

SQUEE!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    How the fuck do you manage to not get killed by NPC fire?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    OtakuD00D wrote:
    How the fuck do you manage to not get killed by NPC fire?

I can answer this from personal experience. When he does it, typically the NPC's are right on top of us. Now, the AI might be stupid when it comes to battle tactics, but it knows to shoot at the players that are waving around building-sized bazooka's and beam rifles. So they ignore him until the rest of us go down or retreat (Or they die, of course.).

Archonex on
  • Options
    djklaydjklay Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is there anywhere you can go train where other PCs can't just walk up and kill you? Or how do you go about making enough money to replace suits? I had to spend about 300k+ on getting outfitted only to be killed 20 minutes later. I was just hunting outside Melbourne trying to get a hang of things at the time.

djklay on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    djklay wrote:
    Is there anywhere you can go train where other PCs can't just walk up and kill you? Or how do you go about making enough money to replace suits? I had to spend about 300k+ on getting outfitted only to be killed 20 minutes later. I was just hunting outside Melbourne trying to get a hang of things at the time.

Well, you shouldn't hunt near Melbourne. On a good day Melbourne is just shy of being a full-blown 24/7 warzone. The Federation "capital", Syndey is just a short jog away from it. Instead, go to the camp SE of Adelaide or go to space and hunt. Alternatively, you could hook up with the rest of the PAers, we help new players get on their feet.

Edit: What's your ingame name, by the way?

Archonex on
  • Options
    djklaydjklay Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Archonex wrote:

Well, you shouldn't hunt near Melbourne. On a good day Melbourne is just shy of being a full-blown 24/7 warzone. Instead, go to the camp SE of Adelaide or go to space and hunt. Alternatively, you could hook up with the rest of the PAers, we help new players get on their feet.

Edit: What's your ingame name, by the way?

Really? I got blown up in two seconds from NPCs (I think) outside of Adelaide yesterday when I was in my tank which is why I thought Melbourne might be safer. Maybe I'll go check out that area again, but about the money making thing, how? Do you just have to kill tons of NPCs? My ingame name is Hatiras.

djklay on