As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Selecting text in MS Works

tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Shit like this makes me want to tear my hair out and is the reason I hate MS products as a general rule. Here's the scenario: I have a document in MS Works and I want to delete a bit from the end of a sentence. Obviously the fast way to do this would be to highlight from the end of the last word I want to keep up to the period and hit delete. Only Works won't let me do this with the mouse. No matter what I do it will not let me get the space after the last word I want to keep. If I try to highlight it Works highlights the entire word before it. I can do it will the keyboard, but the entire purpose here is to save keystrokes. Can someone tell me if there's any way to turn off this "feature?"

<rant>
Why the fuck would anyone make a "feature" like this anyway? Why can't you just assume that I know what fucking characters I want to highlight and let me fucking pick them? What purpose could possibly be served by this bullshit? ARGH!
</rant>

Wii Code:
0431-6094-6446-7088
tarnok on

• Options
    SaddlerSaddler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can you open the document in something other than Works, like OpenOffice or AbiWord? Not really an answer, but it's all I've got.

Saddler on