As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer 40,000] ... And I say "Space Wolf? That's my wife!"

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    armoured sentinels can speed bumb power fists for at least a turn or two.
    Wait a minute. Armored Sentinels are amazing in slowing down an assault! Why haven't I ever used them before?

Does no one listen to me?

Co-axial weapons totally help out the vanquisher cannon -- the co-axial rules were FAQ'd to give a re-roll to hit where the main weapon didn't roll the scatter die. Also, Ace Gunner seems like a bit of overkill on the Vanquisher, whose median AP roll penetrates AV14. Better on a battle tank or a demolisher, where the +1 to AP would be added onto even a half-strength scatter.

I knew it was FAQ'd but totally forgot the second part. Also Overkill? Pah. This the guard son. There's no such thing as overkill. I might switch it out for a co-ax though just to make sure I actually hit something.

Eh screw it I think I'll drop two of the command squad gls and throw a co-ax on the Vanq to really make it overkill. I've had horrible luck with that thing hitting in the past even with BS4.

*edit* If it makes you feel better UO, I'll make sure Warrant Officer Dawes is on the Sentinel detail.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This updated armored company gives me an itch to write some lists.

TheBog on
  • Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll make sure Warrant Officer Dawes is on the Sentinel detail.

There's a good lad. I'm sure he'll adjust nicely to aiming an autocannon.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll make sure Warrant Officer Dawes is on the Sentinel detail.

There's a good lad. I'm sure he'll adjust nicely to aiming an autocannon.

Well I'll still need one Multi-laser and he did kill that dreadnought with it before. Also the vets get the good stuff...:P

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Quick question for Dark Heresy DMs:

My party(I am the DM) wants to loot everything they see(mainly from dead bodies). How much should I let them? Any suggestions on tests or limits?

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Keep track of the weight of the stuff they are looting, where they are keeping it as they move about, and the fact it may be very substandard gear.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Say, "This isn't WOW god damn it." Then tell them that their lasgun/autogun/chainswords destroyed everything of value. You're loyal servants of the Emperor and wouldn't be caught dead using anything even possibly affected by chaos or xenos hands.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    AyanaAyana Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Raslin wrote: »

My party(I am the DM) wants to loot everything they see(mainly from dead bodies). How much should I let them? Any suggestions on tests or limits?

Make them get creative about where they look in the room and on specific bodies. The more detailed they get, the more rewards they find (within reason, of course). When I try to look for loot from something that seemingly wouldn't have pockets, my fellow party-ers get on me but I think my DM gets proud and gives me stuff like last night and the bag of six gems worth 100 gold apiece on frog men. Take that, party-ers. (Yes...one of them is Nax):P

Ayana on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Imperials are a superstitious lot. Most would be waring of taking something from the body of a mutant/traitor/xenos/witch, especially if there's a techpriest of a cleric nearby. Remember those exploding crit effects might knock a weapon's reliability down if it's last owner was misted by a heavy bolter shell.

Really though, most Guard-issue stuff is designed to be looted. Many regiments are supplied with a destroyed regiment's kit.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ok list review time, I think this is pretty solid any suggestions?
    1850 Pts - Space Marines Roster

HQ: Marneus Calgar, Lord Macragge (2#, 315 pts)
    1 Attack Bike Squad @ 50 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x1; Multi-Melta x1)
    1 Space Marine Bike
    1 Marneus Calgar, Lord Macragge @ 265 pts (Iron Halo; Gauntlets of Ultramar; Power Sword; Armor of Antiochus)
    1 Gauntlets of Ultramar
    1 Armor of Antiochus (Teleport Homer)
    1 Teleport Homer

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 205 pts)
    9 Tactical Squad @ 205 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Multi-Melta; Rhino)
    1 Sergeant (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
    1 Rhino (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter)

Troops: Tactical Squad (12#, 270 pts)
    4 Scout Squad @ 90 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol x4; Shotgun x4)
    1 Sergeant (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon)
    1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 50 pts (Heavy Flamer x1)
    4 Tactical Squad @ 130 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x4; Bolter x4; Razorback)
    1 Razorback (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Heavy Bolter)

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (7#, 570 pts)
    1 Vindicator @ 120 pts (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Demolisher Cannon; Storm Bolter; Dozer Blade)
    4 Terminator Assault Squad @ 450 pts (Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3; Land Raider Redeemer)
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Sergeant (Lightning Claws (pair) x1)
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Land Raider Redeemer (Frag Assault Launchers; Power of the Machine Spirit; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Flamestorm Cannons x2; Multi-Melta)
    1 Frag Assault Launchers

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 165 pts)
    1 Predator @ 165 pts (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side))

Elite: Venerable Dreadnought (3#, 325 pts)
    1 Land Speeder Storm @ 60 pts (Cerberus Launcher; Jamming Beacon; Heavy Flamer)
    1 Cerberus Launcher
    1 Jamming Beacon
    1 Thunderfire Cannon @ 100 pts (Thunderfire Cannon)
    1 Techmarine Gunner (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Servo Harness; Bolt Pistol; Thunderfire Cannon)
    1 Servo Harness
    1 Venerable Dreadnought @ 165 pts (Multi-Melta; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter)

Validation Report:
    b-1. Source Material: Codex Source; d-1. File Version: 1.03b For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; c-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission; 1. Chapter: Codex Chapter
    Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 1850

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Warrant Officer Jack 'Rooks' Daws now has an Autocannon for this outing. Joining him will be Lieutenant Stev "Hats" Ansahok in command with Lieutenant Lorrimer "Ash" Orrick on his wing.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ayana wrote: »

Make them get creative about where they look in the room and on specific bodies. The more detailed they get, the more rewards they find (within reason, of course). When I try to look for loot from something that seemingly wouldn't have pockets, my fellow party-ers get on me but I think my DM gets proud and gives me stuff like last night and the bag of six gems worth 100 gold apiece on frog men. Take that, party-ers. (Yes...one of them is Nax):P

This Paladin cares nothing for "loot" or material possessions. All I need is my sword, shield, and my plate armor. I don't even track gold on my character sheet :)

On topic: to agree with Ayana.... Temperature control is pretty important in a gaming store :) that, and a large variety of good terrain :)

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

1 Attack Bike Squad @ 50 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x1; Multi-Melta x1)
    1 Space Marine Bike
    1 Marneus Calgar, Lord Macragge @ 265 pts (Iron Halo; Gauntlets of Ultramar; Power Sword; Armor of Antiochus)
    1 Gauntlets of Ultramar
    1 Teleport Homer

9 Tactical Squad @ 205 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Bolter x7; Flamer; Multi-Melta; Rhino)

4 Scout Squad @ 90 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Bolt Pistol x4; Shotgun x4)
    4 Tactical Squad @ 130 pts (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x4; Bolter x4; Razorback)

1 Vindicator @ 120 pts (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Demolisher Cannon; Storm Bolter; Dozer Blade)
    4 Terminator Assault Squad @ 450 pts (Lightning Claws (pair) x1; Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x3; Land Raider Redeemer)
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Land Raider Redeemer (Frag Assault Launchers; Power of the Machine Spirit; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Flamestorm Cannons x2; Multi-Melta)
    1 Frag Assault Launchers

1 Predator @ 165 pts (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side))

1 Cerberus Launcher
    1 Jamming Beacon
    1 Techmarine Gunner (Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Artificer Armour; Servo Harness; Bolt Pistol; Thunderfire Cannon)
    1 Servo Harness
    1 Venerable Dreadnought @ 165 pts (Multi-Melta; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dreadnought CCW; Storm Bolter)

Validation Report:
    b-1. Source Material: Codex Source; d-1. File Version: 1.03b For Bug Reports/www.ab40k.org; c-1. Roster Options: Special Characters; a-1. Scenario: Normal Mission; 1. Chapter: Codex Chapter

Whats with the Attack Bike up in the Calgar section? is he going to ride behind it in some sort of makeshift chariot? :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nax wrote: »

1 Space Marine Bike
    1 Gauntlets of Ultramar
    1 Teleport Homer

1 Terminator Armour
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Frag Assault Launchers

1 Cerberus Launcher
    1 Jamming Beacon
    1 Servo Harness

Validation Report:

Whats with the Attack Bike up in the Calgar section? is he going to ride behind it in some sort of makeshift chariot? :P
    use em as skates

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

1 Space Marine Bike
    1 Gauntlets of Ultramar
    1 Teleport Homer

1 Terminator Armour
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Frag Assault Launchers

1 Cerberus Launcher
    1 Jamming Beacon
    1 Servo Harness

Validation Report:

use em as skates

Because Calgar isn't powerful enough, he rides two attack bikes that shoot multi-meltas.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Let them do it. Then laugh to yourself as vendors refuse to buy what is obviously contraband of some sort, they are constantly stopped and harassed by law enforcement and thugs, overencumbered in combat and are taking penalties to social rolls due to looking like roaming vagabond tradesmen.

They'll stop doing it.

SJ on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

1 Space Marine Bike
    1 Gauntlets of Ultramar
    1 Teleport Homer

1 Terminator Armour
    1 Terminator Armour
    1 Frag Assault Launchers

1 Cerberus Launcher
    1 Jamming Beacon
    1 Servo Harness

Validation Report:

use em as skates

Because Calgar isn't powerful enough, he rides two attack bikes that shoot multi-meltas.

dude's got style

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SJ wrote: »

Let them do it. Then laugh to yourself as vendors refuse to buy what is obviously contraband of some sort, they are constantly stopped and harassed by law enforcement and thugs, overencumbered in combat and are taking penalties to social rolls due to looking like roaming vagabond tradesmen.

They'll stop doing it.

You're evil.

Sounds like a plan.

Raslin on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm not evil at all.

This shit isn't DnD. Normal people aren't going to be trying to buy shit like that, at best they'd be able to pawn that junk off at certain disreputable shops for what would amount to pocket change. An undercover CIA operative sure as fuck isn't gonna loot the corpses of the people he has to kill doing his job, so what makes your PCs think they need to? They've got more immediate concerns, and making actual money that way is inconceivable unless you're running a serious salvage operation. Which they're not.

Also, have their immediate supervisors get pissed at them for wasting their time with shit like that. It's completely unprofessional and a waste of time as far as accomplishing their goals.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm not evil at all.

This shit isn't DnD. Normal people aren't going to be trying to buy shit like that, at best they'd be able to pawn that junk off at certain disreputable shops for what would amount to pocket change. An undercover CIA operative sure as fuck isn't gonna loot the corpses of the people he has to kill doing his job, so what makes your PCs think they need to? They've got more immediate concerns, and making actual money that way is inconceivable unless you're running a serious salvage operation. Which they're not.

Also, have their immediate supervisors get pissed at them for wasting their time with shit like that. It's completely unprofessional and a waste of time as far as accomplishing their goals.

If one of the players is a Guardsman have a passing Commissar shoot him for Article 4733/67y, Ill-Treatment or Neglect of Accouterments, Article 1132/54d, Crimes of Fraud Against the Imperium, which included stealing items or equipment and attempting to profit from them, or even Article 6741/09a, Heresy, which in this case would be the usage of equipage taken from an enemy of the Emperor because the person thinks it would be better then the holy implements he was given.

The callous death of one of the players should teach them all a lesson of the Emperor's Magnificence.
    I'm not making any of those up they are all in the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer which the Guard players usually start with.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

They'll stop doing it.

You're evil.

Sounds like a plan.

Well what are the PCs fighting? If it's hive rabble, then they should have shitty weapons, either poorly-maintained basic shit or cobbled-together Saturday night specials and such. Make it so that the PCs realize it's not worth the effort to loot them.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, selling is only a small part of it.

Once in a while, they fight people with nice equipment(A long campaign that ended with them fighting four guys seperately, they could have picked up a bolt pistol, chainsword, and a couple other nice pieces), and they want to use the equipment.

Raslin on

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If you give the NPCs better equipment than the PCs have, don't give them shit for trying to pick it up. If the PCs are constantly in need of cash, then don't give then unnecessary shit for trying to scratch together petty cash any way they know how. If they're doing it because they're used to the 'kill 'em and take their stuff' style of play, just out of game tell them, 'hey, things work differently around here. You don't have to scrounge all the gold you can for keen loot, and scrounging stuff off of mutant scum is actually going to cause you problems."

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What do you guys think of this witch hunters / guard list? It's pretty specialized; I know it needs to be hella tweaked. I am thinking I might remove the Immolator and Hellhound and add more Infantry/elites.

Witch Hunters + Imperial Guard 2000 pt. Detachment
    2000 points
    HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord and Retinue: (335)
    1. Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord w/ Wargear (170)
    A.)Inferno Pistol (15)
    B.)Force Weapon (45)
    C,)Rosarius(25)
    D.)Inquisitorial Mandate (40)
    E.)Psychic Hood (30)
    F.)Mantle of Ophelia(15)
    G.)Purity Seals(5)
    2.Servo Skull x3 (18 pts.)
    3.Torturer(12pts)
    4.Crusader(20)
    5.Combat Servitor(25)
    6.Calculus Logi (10)
    8.Notary(8w/out wg)
    9.Penitent Witch(7)
    10.Gun Servitor (w/wg 45)
    A. Notary WG: Mancatcher(5), Power Armor(10)
    B. Gun Servitor : Plasma Cannon (35)
    Company Command Squad: (237)
    1. Company Commander
    A.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    B.)Power Weapon(10)
    2. Regimental Standard (35 points)
    3. Lascannon (15) / Heavy Bolter Team (10)
    4.Master of Ordinance (30)
    5. 2x Bodyguard (15)
    6. 1x Heavy Flamer (free)
    7.Primaris Psycher (70)

Elites:
    Callidus Temple Assassin (120)

Troops(103)
    Imperial Guard Squad (53)
    1. Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
    Imperial Guard Squad(50)

Fast Attack: (190)
    Hellhound (130 pts) + 60 + 190 pts
    1.Hunter-Killer Missiler (10)
    2.Camo Netting (20)
    3.Multi Melta (replaces Heavy B.) (15)
    4.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)
    5.Smoke Launchers (5)
    Heavy Support: (898)
    Basilisk (160 pts.) + 40 = 220 points
    1.Camo Netting (30 pts.)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer (Free)
    3. 2x Heavy Bolter Sponsons (20)
    4. 1x Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    Deathstrike Missile Launcher (160 pts.) + 50 = 210 pts
    1.Camo Netting (30)
    2.1x Heavy Stubber (10)
    3.1x Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (150 pts.) + (60) = 210pts
    1.Camo Netting (20)
    2.Lascannon (15)
    3.2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters (20)
    4.Hunter Killer Missile(10)
    5.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)
    Penitent Engines x2 (160pts)
    Immolator: (65 pts) + 33 + 98
    1.Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    2.Smoke Launchers (3)
    3.Blessed Ammo (10)
    4.Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter (10)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I guess it's pretty obvious I need to cut down on some stuff and hopefully field death-cult assassins and perhaps some WH infantry. Witch Hunters act as fantastic high-power, specialized rush units; pop in assassins behind the enemy HQ, eradicate them swiftly, then rush in your Penitent Engines and Immolator. The Engines I fielded last game, and one killed an entire squad of banshees with it's 1d6+2(w/charge) melee attacks. The one I used did it's points worth in damage.

I never got to use my Leman Russ last game (railgun'd in the first shooting phase), so I'm gonna try to utilize that better next time. I figure even though this army lacks infantry (significantly), it fulfills all my basic needs: fast, powerful, charge based attacks I can use against my friends Tau force whilst my ordnance, thus protected by a meaty wall of guardsman with a command squad, hangs out and barrages things.

Ultimately, I need to work out what is worth removing to put in a squad of Sisters or two squads of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think the forum policy is not to put the cost of specific upgrades since GW gets upset at that sometimes, it also makes it pretty hard to read.

Neaden on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    while I know it would likely perform terribly on the tabletop, I really really wanna buy this model and convert it into a Khorne Lord with Bloodfeeder on Juggernaut

I have had this urge for several months now and typing this post I think I may have already mentioned it in this thread?

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Man. I see Leman Russ tanks going for like 30 bucks on ebay, but Chimeras? At least 30 bucks. I don't like that. I really need to pick up some Chimeras, but I was hoping the prices would be proportional haha.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The prices are pretty proportional. New Chimeras aren't cheap.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It's a lot of money for a 55 point unit heh.

TheBog on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    while I know it would likely perform terribly on the tabletop, I really really wanna buy this model and convert it into a Khorne Lord with Bloodfeeder on Juggernaut.
    There's really no conversion needed there. I guess maybe chop off the shield arm and replace it with a bolt pistol,and find a way to add a backpack. Shouldn't be too difficult, and the unit (while overpriced) isn't terrible.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this witch hunters / guard list? It's pretty specialized; I know it needs to be hella tweaked. I am thinking I might remove the Immolator and Hellhound and add more Infantry/elites.

Witch Hunters + Imperial Guard 2000 pt. Detachment
    2000 points
    HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord and Retinue: (335)
    1. Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord w/ Wargear (170)
    A.)Inferno Pistol (15)
    B.)Force Weapon (45)
    C,)Rosarius(25)
    D.)Inquisitorial Mandate (40)
    E.)Psychic Hood (30)
    F.)Mantle of Ophelia(15)
    G.)Purity Seals(5)
    2.Servo Skull x3 (18 pts.)
    3.Torturer(12pts)
    4.Crusader(20)
    5.Combat Servitor(25)
    6.Calculus Logi (10)
    8.Notary(8w/out wg)
    9.Penitent Witch(7)
    10.Gun Servitor (w/wg 45)
    A. Notary WG: Mancatcher(5), Power Armor(10)
    B. Gun Servitor : Plasma Cannon (35)
    Company Command Squad: (237)
    1. Company Commander
    A.) Bolt Pistol (2)
    B.)Power Weapon(10)
    2. Regimental Standard (35 points)
    3. Lascannon (15) / Heavy Bolter Team (10)
    4.Master of Ordinance (30)
    5. 2x Bodyguard (15)
    6. 1x Heavy Flamer (free)
    7.Primaris Psycher (70)

Elites:
    Callidus Temple Assassin (120)

Troops(103)
    Imperial Guard Squad (53)
    1. Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol and Chainsword
    Imperial Guard Squad(50)

Fast Attack: (190)
    Hellhound (130 pts) + 60 + 190 pts
    1.Hunter-Killer Missiler (10)
    2.Camo Netting (20)
    3.Multi Melta (replaces Heavy B.) (15)
    4.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)
    5.Smoke Launchers (5)
    Heavy Support: (898)
    Basilisk (160 pts.) + 40 = 220 points
    1.Camo Netting (30 pts.)
    2.1x Heavy Flamer (Free)
    3. 2x Heavy Bolter Sponsons (20)
    4. 1x Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    Deathstrike Missile Launcher (160 pts.) + 50 = 210 pts
    1.Camo Netting (30)
    2.1x Heavy Stubber (10)
    3.1x Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    Leman Russ Battle Tank (150 pts.) + (60) = 210pts
    1.Camo Netting (20)
    2.Lascannon (15)
    3.2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters (20)
    4.Hunter Killer Missile(10)
    5.Pintle Mounted Heavy Stubber (10)
    Penitent Engines x2 (160pts)
    Immolator: (65 pts) + 33 + 98
    1.Hunter Killer Missile (10)
    2.Smoke Launchers (3)
    3.Blessed Ammo (10)
    4.Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter (10)

I had a bit of problems reading this, it might be just my exhausted state, or how it came out on my screen as it looks different in the writing a message box. An inquisitor is not good, at all, he is actually terrible. You are sinking a good amount of points in him I personally wouldn't bother. Also penitent engines, while awesome models are a pretty bad points sink. If you can choose between guards and sisters as troops take the sisters, 11 points a model gets you a +1 strength gun, with an AP, a 3+ save and a BS of 4.

I would also say to drop the blessed ammo, I think thats the one that lets your storm bolter ignore cover saves ( not around my codex atm). As well as the hunter killer missile, they have never done anything in my experience and throw on Holy Promethium. Kill 1 guy and force a morale check as if they had just lost 25% casualties.

If you aren't making the list towards effectiveness and just want it to look cool ignore the first paragraph in my post but I would say the second one still holds true.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's 1000 points with the updated Armored Company.

HQ: Company Command Annihilator w/hull LC + skilled driver = 180

Troops: Eradicator w/hull HB = 160
    Troops: Russ w/hull HB = 150
    Troops: Russ w/hull HB = 150

Heavy: Vulture w/2 twin-linked LC + 2 hellstrike missiles + HB = 120

The cool thing about Vultures? They're similar to Vendettas but they exchange 1 twin-linked LC for the ability to deepstrike. Deepstriking lascannons? Meet rear armor. Oh yeah, and they retain their Hellstrike missiles for more death.

<edit> Wait a sec.. I'm confused about fast vehicle shooting. Hellstrike missiles are ordnance so you can never shoot more than 1, can you? Or even a Hellstrike + some lascannons. And deepstriking counts as moving at cruising speed or what?

TheBog on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I guess it's pretty obvious I need to cut down on some stuff and hopefully field death-cult assassins and perhaps some WH infantry. Witch Hunters act as fantastic high-power, specialized rush units; pop in assassins behind the enemy HQ, eradicate them swiftly, then rush in your Penitent Engines and Immolator. The Engines I fielded last game, and one killed an entire squad of banshees with it's 1d6+2(w/charge) melee attacks. The one I used did it's points worth in damage.
    1: You can't field Penitent Engines in that list because I don't see a Priest in there.

2: You can't always depend on your oppenent making a rookie mistake like letting you charge his banshees with something they can't hurt. A clever opponent will use something maneuverable, like a skimmer, and edge it forward so it's that it's the closest thing to the penitent engines and force them to run after it, away from where you need them to be. Penitent Engines aren't pure suck, but they're very easy to bait.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wooo! I now have four squads of RT era Guardsmen! Well three squads and a command squad once I reorganize them. It'll give me some flexibility with extra guys as well. I'll be repainting them in the awesome RT 5th Arcadian color scheme.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wooo! I now have four squads of RT era Guardsmen! Well three squads and a command squad once I reorganize them. It'll give me some flexibility with extra guys as well. I'll be repainting them in the awesome RT 5th Arcadian color scheme.

They arrived already? That was fast.

As for the "Extra" guardsmen, you could always cut them at the waist and make vehicle crew out of 'em.

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Frowbakk wrote: »

They arrived already? That was fast.

As for the "Extra" guardsmen, you could always cut them at the waist and make vehicle crew out of 'em.
    I was amazed they got here already as well.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So I was perusing the Games-workshop store today hoping that my Space Hulk order wasn't canceled when i was shocked to see the order status had changed from Pending to Dispatched.

The odd thing is it's not Sept 5th yet, so I'm curious as to why my order would be sent. Unless by "dispatched" they meant destroyed.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I was perusing the Games-workshop store today hoping that my Space Hulk order wasn't canceled when i was shocked to see the order status had changed from Pending to Dispatched.

The odd thing is it's not Sept 5th yet, so I'm curious as to why my order would be sent. Unless by "dispatched" they meant destroyed.

I just checked my order too and it also says "dispatched" which is what it says when it's been processed according to the other things in my order history on the website. Oddly enough I haven't been charged yet...

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Perhaps GW was in an especially giving mood and sent them all free of charge, and early?

EDIT

Bah, spoke too soon, just checked my account and they charged my card. Ah well, it would seem they've been sent out early though. Maybe they wanted the game to arrive by the 5th?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png