Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New Jersey: Nice Kidney you got there. Be a shame if something happened to it.

13»

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this reminds me of the time a wiseguy restaurant owner in Elizabeth tried to burn his place down for the insurance, but fucked up and caught a gas pipe, blowing up an entire block.

i fucking love my state

Since I've never heard of this, I'd wager it probably wasn't the whole block.

I am so glad they finally got someone in Deal for something like this (better irony that the cooperating witness was the son of Deal's rabbi) since those people could be by and large the most hostile and shady I've ever had to deal with, and I work in Union County.

My god how they didn't get Healy or Bollwage on this or the last round of arrests (a few years ago as part of the same operation) is a miracle.

• AegisAegis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    From the sounds of it, they got all of these arrests from 1 informant. So, it's even more amazing just how much that one guy could get himself into.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, they got all of these arrests from 1 informant. So, it's even more amazing just how much that one guy could get himself into.

He was the son of a rabbi in Deal, and he popped onto the federal authorities radar initially when he tried to deposit an invalid check for 25 million dollars.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Tighter than R. Kelly in his teens. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    RedTide wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

He was the son of a rabbi in Deal, and he popped onto the federal authorities radar initially when he tried to deposit an invalid check for 25 million dollars.

I think I knew that guy when he was younger...
    Spoiler:

PSN: TheMakersMark
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    galenblade wrote: »
    Ah, New Jersey. Armpit of the East Coast.

"Sir, what is this $40,000 item on the budget? I'm not sure what you mean."

"Well, we need to clean up our image as a state."

"Yes, but a deodorant stick 200 miles wide?"

Come on, you know better than that. It's Jersey.

Deodorant would be in a spray can.

steam_sig.png

I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Deodorant would be in an Axe body spray can.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Businessman!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Deodorant would be in an Axe body spray can.

Well that was implied.

steam_sig.png

I pronounce it bee-log. Most recent entry: VIDEO GAMES: GUNPOINT, OR A SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GLASS MEETS TROUSERS.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/TheJohnDarc
13»